Chapter 9~ Mood Swings

Reunited []

     Hankyung followed Heechul out of the room and watched him walk out onto the patio before going over to the rest of the group. Leeteuk got up as Hankyung sat down. They stared at each other for a second before Hankyung looked at the ground. With that Leeteuk went out onto the patio where he'd seen Heechul go.

     "Heenim." Leeteuk said softly.

     "I'm younger than you Hyung." Heechul said looking up at the leader of Super Junior.

     "Are you ok?" Leeteuk asked. Heechul looked down at Heebum and shook his head.

     "It'll be a while before I'm ok." Heechul said truthfully. Leeteuk nodded before sitting down next to the cat lover.

     "Heechul. Your father called." Leeteuk said gently.

     "I don't want to hear it." Heechhul sighed.

     "You are going to your mothers funeral right?" Leetuek asked putting a hand on Heechul's arm to get his attention.

     "I don't want to go by myself." Heechul mumbled as water started building in his eyes.

     "You'll have Super Junior there with you so you won't be alone." Leeteuk said confidently.

     "You know they're not who I need there with me." Heechul argued.

     "He can go too." Leeteuk said. "I doubt he'd have the ability to stay here if you go."  Heechul looked at him as if he was crazy.

     "He's supposed to be hiding. We can't just keep dragging him everywhere!" Heechul argued.

     "We only went out once and that was yesturday." Leeteuk reminded him. Heechul fell silent.

     "Could you really find a way to get him there without being recongnized?" he asked.

     "Hey i'm Leeteuk. What can't I do?" Leeteuk joked.

     "Hit a high note live?" Heechul asked.

     "I can hit one better than you." Leeteuk said lightly punching the other in the arm.

     "True." Heechul pouted.

     "Heechul. The funerals tomorrow. You need to decide whether you want to go or not. I haven't told the others yet but it's already been cleared for them to go." Leeteuk said calmly.

     "I just don't want any of it to be real." Heechul bowed his head, hiding his eyes behind his shoulder lenth hair.

     "Heechul..." Leeteuk started but the patio door was opened revealing Siwon. "Siwon. What is it?"

     "Are you guys going to join us or not?" Siwon asked.

     "Oh go pray or something and leave me alone." Heechul growled.

     "Alright. Enough. Come on." Siwon said grabbing Heechul up and throwing him over his shoulder.

     "Siwon! You big ougf !! Put me down!" Heechul yelled as Leeteuk took Heebum who was trying to get out of the grip of the frantic boy. "SIWON!!!" Heechul preseded to hit Siwon's back now that the cat was no longer in his hands. Siwon paid no mind and walked inside where everyone else was laughing at the sight. He went over to the couch and dropped the princess down next to Hankyung, who grabbed Heechul to keep him from falling to hard, then to keep him from killing Siwon.

   "Heechulli." Hankyung laughed. Heechul turned to look at the man holding onto him and preceeded to glare when he saw the amusement in his eyes.

     "You think this is funny?" Heechul asked. Hankyung nodded grabbing Heechul's hands knowing if he didn't he'd be in trouble. "Well it's not. Now let me go." Hankyung shook his head still amused at the others antics.  "Fine." Heechul said leaning closer to the other until their faces were mere inches aways. Hankyung's eyes widened and his breathing stopped. "Let me go Hannie." Heechul whispered causing the chinese man to loosen his grip. Hankyung lend away from the other slightly. With that Heechul pulled away and stood up. "I suggest you not try that again. Ever." he said to Siwon who was, like everyone else, sitting there gaping at was Heechul had just done. Leeteuk looked at Hankyung, who was looking after the red head, and sighed. He pushed the Chinese man back down when he got up to follow him.

      “I don’t think that’s the best idea right now.” Leeteuk said.

     “According to you.” Hankyung shrugged him off but Leeteuk grabbed on once more.

     “Why do you say that?” Leeteuk asked.

     “I lived with him for seven years Umma. That’s him wanting attention and not saying it out loud.” Hankyung sighed.

     “So he still wants your attention 24-seven?” Ryoewook asked.

     “No. He just doesn’t want to be alone right now.” Hankyung said getting up.

     “Then why does he keep secluding himself?” Leeteuk challenged. Hankyung looked at the older and shook his head.

     “He’s trying to distance himself from reality. Not from us.” He said before getting up once more. “His mother died the night before last. You may know how to handle a situation like that. But Leeteuk, he doesn’t and he’s keeping it bottled inside.” Hankyung said before grabbing Heebum and heading once more to Heechul’s room.

     “His mother died?” Sungmin asked. Everyone stayed silent but the answer hung clearly in the air.

      Hankyung didn’t even knock this time. He just opened the door and let Heebum jump out of his arms and run to Heechul.

     “Go away.” Heechul mumbled swatting at Heebum.

     “He did nothing to you.” Hankyung said throwing a toy for the cat to play with. “Why did you do that?” he asked knowing Heechul knew what he was talking about.

     “You wouldn’t let go.” Heechul said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

     “Don’t like having fun?” Hankyung asked.

     “That’s not it!” Heechul yelled. “But I don’t like being thrown around like a rag doll.”

     “Chulli. Everyone misses you as much as they miss me.” Hankyung sighed sitting down on the floor next to Heechul.

     “I don’t care.” Heechul stubbornly replied.

     “I know you don’t but I do.” Hankyung said.

     “That’s your problem. You care too much.” Heechul growled.

     “That’s not fair.” Hankyung said slightly hurt.

     “How’s it not fair?! It’s true isn’t it?” Heechul scooted away from him.

     “Now you’re just looking for an argument.” Hankyung sighed.

     “Leeteuk was wrong. You have changed.” Heechul mumbled into his arms.

     “How? How have I changed?” Hankyung asked.

     “You use to give me what I want.” Heechul glared. “When I wanted it.” Hankyung stared at him for a while before standing up. “What? Now you’re going to leave? Go ahead. It wouldn’t be the first time.” Heechul stood as well. Hankyung turned and glared at him.

     “What the hell is your problem?” Hankyung asked.

     “I already told you it was you several times.” Heechul shrugged. Hankyung took a step towards Heechul who tried to take a step back but he was already against the wall.  Hankyung lend in until his lips were grazing Heechul’s ear.

     “I’m not giving you what you want because tomorrow you’ll change your mind about everything and we’ll be back at square one. That’s how you are. Right now you just want something to get lost in. But I’m not going to be your escape from reality Chul. I refuse to be used.” Hankyung whispered harshly.

     “You never loved me.” Heechul hissed looking straight into Hankyung’s eyes and went to put his hands on Hankyung’s chest to push him away. Hankyung, however, grabbed his arms and pinned them above the older’s head.

     “That would’ve hurt.” Hankyung said, amused by the shocked expression on the others face.

     “That was the point.” Heechul said, his expression returning to a glare.

     “Why are you being like this?” Hankyung asked.

     “Why are you still here?” Heechul challenged.

     “Because you’re hurt.” Hankyung answered truthfully.

     “I’m hurt because of you. Now let me go.”Heechul growled.

     “Never.” Hankyung said leaning forward. Heechul’s breathing got faster the closer he got and Hankyung knew it. “Don’t shut yourself out.” He whispered before kissing the tip of Heechul’s nose, then his forehead. “And never say I never loved you. Because I still do.” He said letting the older go and taking a step back.  Heechul slid down the wall until he was seated on the floor staring at the man above him.

     “What do you want me to do?” Heechul chocked out. “What do you want me to say?”

     “You don’t have to say anything. But I want you to cry if you have to. Taking it out in anger won’t get you anywhere.” Hankyung kneeled in front of him.

     “How come you never leave when I get like this?” Heechul asked. “Everyone else would’ve left when I told them to.”

     “Because I know you to well. If I would have left you would’ve be more even more hurt.” Hankyung said looking straight into Heechul’s eyes. He could see the water building in them and pulled the olders head onto his shoulder. “You can cry.”

     Everyone had heard bits of the argument but when everything had gone silent Leeteuk was slightly worried. He had told the others about Heechul’s mother and informed them that they had the next day off for the funeral. After hearing this they understood Hankyung’s attentiveness to Heechul’s mood swings. Leeteuk went to Heechul’s door and knocked lightly before opening it. He saw Heebum curled up on the bed around a toy and Heechul laying against Hankyung, whose back was to him. Heechul had to of been crying by the way he was shaking.

     “Hankyung.” Leeteuk said softly getting the attention of the two. Heechul picked his head up so that Hankyung could turn to look at the other. “I’m sorry. You were right.” Hankyung smiled sadly and shook his head, sitting down next to Heechul.

     “It’s not your fault.”Hankyung said softly. He felt a hand pull at his sleeve and wrapped an arm around Heechul, who proceeded to hide his face in his shoulder.

     “Heechul. I’m also sorry for not realizing.” Leeteuk said sadly. He saw Heechul shake his head but he didn’t look up, most likely because he was still crying. “Is there anything I can do?” Heechul mumbled something into Hankyung’s shirt that neither could comprehend.

     “Chulli. What was that?” Hankyung asked softly.

     “Ice.” Heechul said a little louder and Hankyung chuckled.

     “Could you get a cup of ice and a rag?” he asked Leeteuk. The leader nodded before leaving the room once more. Hankyung pulled Heechul closer laying his head on the others causing Heechul to cry harder. “It’s ok. Just let it out.” Hankyung whispered into his hair.

     “I didn’t even get to see her.” Heechul chocked out. “No one told me she was in the hospital.” Hankyung just hugged him tighter. “It’s not fair.” Heechul cryed harder. When Leeteuk got back it was more than obvious that Heechul was crying. There was no guessing. He walked over with the cup of ice and rag and sat on the other side of Heechul rubbing his back lightly. Heechul sat up slightly and reached for the cup and rag. He put a few pieces of ice in the rag and pressed it to his forehead and sniffled.

     “Everyone’s worried about you Hee.” Leeteuk said softly.

     “I’ll be fine.” Heechul’s hors response came.

     “They all said they’d be at the funeral.” Leeteuk informed. Heechul nodded before gripping onto Hankyungs arm not looking at him.

     “Will you go too?” he asked quietly.

     “Of course I will. It’s not like I have better things to do.” Hankyung said nudging Heechul jokingly in the arm trying to cheer the him up. Heechul smiled slightly before putting the rag over his eyes. “Feel a little better?” he asked. Heechul nodded.

     “Thank you Teukki Umma.” Heechul sighed.

     “Hey what about me?” Hankyung asked lightly.

     “What about you? You never gave me what I wanted.” Heechul teased.

     “What did he want?”Leeteuk asked confused.

     “Nothing.” Hankyung said a little too fast.

    “Heechul?” Leeteuk asked. Heechul smirked and before Hankyung could cover his mouth he blurted it out.

    “.” Leeteuk chocked on the piece of gum in his mouth.

    “What?” he asked shocked.

    “Yeah. He refused me in front of everyone.” Heechul pouted. He was felling a lot better.

     “What?!” Leeteuk asked.

     “I told you he wanted attention.” Hankyung mumbled.

     “But you didn’t say anything but let go!” Leeteuk exclaimed.

     “Do you have to tell Kangin when you want it?” Heechul asked causing Leeteuk to blush.

     “W-w-well. Not… no.” Leeteuk looked down. “But you. You two…”

     “He was looking for an escape Leeteuk. You do it too when you’re stressed I’m sure.” Hankyung said standing.

     “No!” Leeteuk said stubbornly.

    “Yes.” Heechul chuckled. Leeteuk glared.

     “Come on Chullie. You need to clean your face.” Hankyung said reaching out with his good arm. Heechul took it and pushed himself up.

     “How about now?” he asked. Hankyung looked at his and shook his head.

     “No.”