Chapter 12~ Funeral

Reunited []

     


“Heechul. You ready yet?” Hankyung called softly through the door of his best friends room. “Heechul-ah.” He sighed twisting the door knob to find it locked. “Come on. You can’t really be doing this now.” He whispered to himself as he reached above his own door for the key that only they knew about that went to both doors. He unlocked the door putting the key above Heechul’s door before walking into the dark room. “Heechul.” He called out turning on the lights. There balled up in the very corner of the room was Heechul. He was wearing a black tux with shoes that were in perfect condition even though they were five years old. However, his hair was a mess, like he’d been pulling at it for a while now. “Heechul.” Hankyung once again sighed. He walked over to the older man and sat down next to him much like he had almost a day ago.  “It’ll be okay.” He whispered to the despaired cat lover.

      “Hankyung.” Heechul said in a raspy voice barely above a whisper. He buried his head into Hankyungs shoulder and let out a shaky breath.  Hankyung brought his hand to Heechul’s hair, combing his fingers through it to get it to lay back down.

      “Chullie. It’s almost time to leave. Come on. Let’s go get you cleaned up.” Hankyung said standing up, extending a hand to help the other up. Heechul took it pushing himself up so as not to hurt Hankyung. He let Hankyung lead him to where ever he wanted to because at that point, he really didn’t care as long as he was with Hankyung. Stopping in the bathroom, Hankyung grabbed a wash cloth and cleaned Heechul’s face. He then worked on the hair, running a brush threw it before grabbing the flat iron that was already on.

      “Kyung, Chul. You guys ready?” Leeteuk asked softly as he walked through the silent apartment. “Guys?” he called once more.

      “Bathroom.” Hankyung answered briefly.

      “Hey. You look good.” Leeteuk said looking at Heechul’s now straight hair. Heechul looked at him blankly before looking back down. When Hankyung was finished putting everything up Heechul grabbed his hand once more. Leeteuk sighed and moved out of the way to let the two out.

      “Let me grab my glasses.” Hankyung said going to his dresser where all his sunglasses were laid out. Heechul reached over and grabbed a pair of thick, white rimmed ones before Hankyung could. “That’s not fair.” Hankyung looked at him before grabbing the black ones that looked just like them. 

      “I’m wearing white.” Was Heechul’s quiet answer.

      “Fine.” Hankyung sighed and put on his glasses, looking at his hair once more to make sure it was still the way he’d fixed it. “Let’s go.” He said giving a gentle tug at Heechul’s hand to indicate they were going to be walking again. Heechul reluctantly followed the younger out of their apartment and to the vans that all the members were going to be taking. Heechul, as always, got into the first van, sitting in the middle row pulling Hankyung down next to him. All the other members were already in the vans waiting for the two. So as soon as Leeteuk was in the van and the door was shut they started their silent drive to Heechul’s hometown. The entire ride Heechul refused to let go of Hankyungs hand.

      They arrived sooner than Heechul felt they should’ve. He laid his head on the window, watching as they passed through the all too familiar town.  The van’s pulled into the cemetery; cars lined both sides of the trail going through it.  Once they stopped the members started getting up and out of the van, straightening their clothes. Heechul looked at all the people that were there. Family, friends, co-workers. He knew most of them. Which made him not want to get out even more.

      “Come on Heechul. You can’t stay in here after we’ve come this far.” Hankyung said gently pulling Heechul, who stubbornly pulled his hand out of Hankyungs for the first time since that morning. He looked out of the van once more to see that people were starting to notice the group of idols waiting for Heechul.

      “Why are there so many people?” Heechul mumbled more to himself.

      “Just be glad the press isn’t here.” Hankyung said grabbing Heechul’s hand once more pulling him to the door.

      “No. I don’t want to.” Heechul said trying to pull his hands away once more. “No. Stop!” he started yelling, successfully grabbing the attention of anyone who didn’t know they were there. “Let me go!” Heechul screamed struggling to get his hands free. “I hate you!” he yelled as tears started running down his face. “Let me go, let me go!” he dropped to his knees still struggling.

      “Kim Heechul. You stand up this instant.” A stern voice came from behind the group of idols. Everyone turned to see a man in his late forties.

      “Go to hell.” Heechul glared through his tears at the man.

      “Why you little...” the man started before Hankyung slapped Heechuls face, making everyone stare in shock.

      “Get a grip goddammit. I’m not here to treat you like a three year old. Get up  and apologize. Now.” Hankyung said in a voice nobody would cross. Heechul looked at him as if seeing him for the first time. He stood up and tightened his grip on Hankyungs hand.

      “Sorry.” He bowed to the man before turning to Hankyung. “I don’t remember.” He said softly.

      “You just threw a fit. That’s all.” Heechul nodded before pulling Hankyung over to Leetuek.

      “Let’s go before I change my mind.” He said grabbing Leetueks arm with his free hand.

      “Heechul.” The man said standing in front of them.

      “What?” Heechul asked giving him a blank look. Leeteuk shook his arm loose and grabbed Heechuls hand instead.

      “Don’t be like that.” The man said taking a step towards them.

      “Heechul, Leetuek, come on.” Hankyung said pulling them around the man. The rest of the members followed the three oldest of the group. Leeteuk dropped Heechuls hand in order to grab Kangin’s.

      “Heechul.” The man ran up to him grabbing his shoulder.

      “Get the away from me!” Heechul yelled and Hankyung pulled the angered boy to him to keep him from hurting the man.

      “You spoiled little diva. You can’t even properly greet you father.” The man hissed.

      “Like you have any right to be called his father.” Hankyung hissed.  Everyone looked at the usually friendly Chinese man in surprise.

      “What do you know?” Heechul’s so called ‘father’ challenged.

      “I know you’re a preacher who thinks his son in a sin and spent most of his sons life trying to change him. I know that it’s because of you that he considers himself an Atheist. I know that it’s your fault that he demands so much attention because he never had any. I know that he developed a bipolar disorder because of you when he when he was 13. What don’t I know?” Hankyung asked.

      “How did you..?” The man asked nervously.

      “We’ve met. But I don’t expect you to remember. According to you, I’m a sin too.” Hankyung said before pulling Heechul over to where the funeral was being held. People started recognizing Heechul the closer they got.

      “Heechul-Oppa!” a little girl around the age of eight ran over to them clinging onto Heechul’s waist as the cried. “Oppa.”  she hiccupped.

      “Kiyoong.” Heechul said softly rubbing her back.

      “Oppa. Uncle said Aunty’s not coming back.” The girl cried.

      “I know. Shh. It’s ok. She’s in a better place now. She’s with God.” He said gently. The other members were taken aback by the response. If Heechul didn’t believe in God why was he telling someone that  a God existed?

      “Kiyoong. Stop crying.” Hankyung said kneeling down next to the girl.

      “Oppa?” the girl whipped her tears and looked closely at him. Her eyes widened and he put a finger to his lips telling her not to tell anyone. She nodded and hugged him. He picked her up. As they walked through the group surrounding the casket people gave Heechul their ‘sympathy’.  When the casket came into sight Heechul stopped. Hankyung looked at Heechul as he felt his hand start to shake. He pulled Heechul up to the caskit. By then Heechul had a death grip on his hand and was shaking uncontrollably as he held his tears in. Hankyung put the girl down and pulled Heechul into a hug, pulling his head to his shoulder. It didn’t take Heechul long to cling to Hankyung and break down. The members stood there quietly, a few of them, a.k.a Donghae and Leeteuk, were also crying.

      The service seemed to go on for hours and Heechul was just ready to leave. When he’s father was called to give a prayer Heechul stood to leave, but Hankyung and Donghae pulled him back down. Everyone in the group knew how Heechul felt about his father, especially after what had happened earlier, but this wasn’t about his father. It was about his mother. And as much as Heechul didn’t want to admit it, he was glad he had his friends there to help him stay calm. When the funeral service was over and the casket was in the ground, the members headed back to the vans.

      “You want to go to the after service?” Hankyung asked.

      “Over my dead body.” Heechul said as they waited for the members riding in their van to get in and situated.

      “Heechul.” Heechul turned around to see his father standing their yet again.

      “What part of ‘go to hell’ do you not understand?” Heechul asked.

      “Wont you stop all of this foolishness and come back home?” his father asked.

      “Foolishness? Mother didn’t think it was foolish.” Heechul said.

      “You’re mothers no longer here. It’s time you start respecting me.” Heechul swung his fist at his father, hooking him in the jaw.

      “Go Haiti’s you bastard. Why should I respect you? You’re more dead to me than my mother is.” Heechul growled before getting into the van.

      “You really should know when to leave best alone.” Hankyung said helping the man up. “He’s not going back home. Not with you there. The only reason he ever went in the past was because of his mother. I mean, really, why would he want to go to a place where he’s going to be judged  guilty for being who he is?”

      “Why are you acting nice now?” Heechul’s father grunted.

      “It’s just the way I am. But you hurt him again and I won’t hold him back. You think that bruise forming on your jaw is bad, imagine what it would’ve been like if we weren’t here.” Hankyung said extending his arms to indicate the two vans.

      “You’re just as bad as he is.” The man shook his head. Hankyung grabbed the man’s tie and pulled him close to his face.

      “No. I promise I’m worst. Being with Heechul, I’d have to be. You know, seeing as he likes it rough.” Hankyung smiled before letting go of the stunned man and getting into the van, waving as he closed the door.


I don't know if Heechul's father is a preacher or not. I just made up some random info. just so you know.

Hope you liked it!

Don't forget to comment!

<3