Married to Superman - Chapter Thirty

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter XXX

 

 

“Relax and smile.” CL whispered next to me. I nodded in response and forced a smile on my face. Across from us are five white chairs where the five men who controlled my life are resting. The smile on their face is obvious. They looked proud of their accomplishment.

 

I glanced at Ice across from me whose standing perfectly normal where other empty pale chairs surrounded him and the whole funeral-wedding. He just smiled in return as if assuring me that everything will be okay.

 

And I am really hoping that everything will turn just as we planned even though we haven’t contacted our other ally.

 

Jiyong.

 

Right now, we are playing a very dangerous game. It is either Leeteuk and I win or the upper league notices our plan before the game even ends. I let out a deep sigh and mentally crossed my fingers, hoping for the best. The gown that shaped like a pastry on my skinny body felt heavy. Even the veil on my head is being noticed by my sudden sensitive senses. This might be the effect of pretending to be married.

 

CL gave my hand to Leeteuk, who smiled at her and nodded as if sending her a signal. I followed Ice next to me as we walked further to the stairs, ending up under an arch filled with thorns and dead roses. The priest in front of us shook his head and sighed, regretting whatever he is doing.

 

“The best wedding ever.” The s eye man commented out of sarcasm. I glanced at him for a moment and caught him smiling at me, feeling his own victory.

 

My mind went cloudy as I just stared at the priest with his droning speech along with his dry and pale lips. I could’ve guessed that the upper league threatened his life to do this blasphemy mockery.

 

“Is this really the usual wedding?” one of the men asked, rolling his eyes out of boredom. His red and blue eyes rested on me as he waited for the priest to say the magic words to finalize this wedding.

 

“Leeteuk,” I mumbled, hoping he could hear me. He darted his eyes towards me for a second before focusing back on the priest, “are you sure he’ll come?”

 

“Positive.”

 

“How?”

 

“You’ll see.” He smiled a wise and clever smile.

 

I just nodded in agreement, giving Ice my trust and hope for Jiyong to come and save me.

 

“Speak now or forever hold your peace.” The priest announced at the empty crowd. I looked down at the ground, wishing and hoping desperately for Jiyong to fly down this very moment and sweep me off my feet.

 

“Anyone?” the priest asked, clearing his throat and probably hoping that someone might as well stop this foolishness.

 

My hands started trembling along with my knees that felt weak as if I am on top of a tower and when I look down, I can already see death waving at me. My mind is now filled with questions and blurry words that I can’t even comprehend. I looked at Ice and tugged his arm.

 

He just nodded at me and smiled, trying to comfort the nausea in me.

“Hold it right there.”

 

A voice appeared behind us. Somehow, a flash of relief swept through me but as I realized second by second who that voice was, the fear in me roused.

 

Leeteuk turned around and I followed his lead, stepping on the laces of my wedding dress.

 

“Something is wrong here.” She mumbled and stood up, approaching Leeteuk and I.

 

“What is it, Sora?” Leeteuk held his head high with his eyes resting on the s eye woman he called Sora.

 

Sora didn’t respond. She just smirked at us, approaching us gradually. Her snake eyes rested on me, making my heart beat louder every time she took a step. The nervousness and hyperventilation crept inside me as if the whole world just turned off their lights and all I can see is darkness and the eyes of a snake.

 

Leeteuk gripped my hand. His supposed to be warm hands turned cold as the sudden breeze and it trembled badly as if he knows whatever Sora is thinking.

 

“Leeteuk.”

 

“Sandara—if ever my hunch is right— run as fast as you can to the east of this gazebo. No matter what, just keep running.”  He whispered next to me, almost not opening his lips and never leaving his gaze to Sora.

 

I nodded, feeling the nervousness creeping inside Leeteuk.

 

Whoever these upper leagues are, they sure can make a villain weak and they can destroy a superhero in an instant.

 

I heard a faint chuckle in front of me. Sora smiled and shook her head, “That will be useless, Mr. Park.”  She started ascending the small staircase towards us, “You will only tire, Sandara Park. Or should I say, Sandara Park Park.”

 

I clenched my free hand into a ball of fist as I gritted my teeth. I know it will hurt Leeteuk for me to decline his surname but still, ‘Kwon’ is the surname that my name desires.

 

Leeteuk let go of my hand and he started descending the stairs, his direction is towards Sora who looks like she’s waiting for something to happen.

 

“Leeteuk,wait-” I reached out my hand to him, wanting to grab his hand and pull him back to my side where I can feel his warm presence. He didn’t look at me nor show any signs that he even heard me. He kept on walking towards the woman who is destroying everything in my life.

 

He stopped just a foot away from Sora.

 

“In fantasies and superhero legends, the boss is always the boss. But it seems to me that the boss now is the villain.” Leeteuk with his back turned to me seemed to be taunting Sora.

 

“Leeteuk, are you trying to kill yourself!?” I took a step forward but Leeteuk glared at me quickly.

 

I stopped and noticed how he’s trying to protect me. Even if it costs him his life.

 

“My, and now you are implying that the villain is now the hero?” Sora shook her head as she grinned playfully, “Tell me the truth, Park Jung-su. I know that you plan to pretend to be marrying Sandara and wait for Jiyong to come. But come to think of it,” she paused and looked up at Leeteuk then to me. Her odd and bizarre eyes felt like they are strangling me invisibly. She focused back at Leeteuk and slyly smiled, “your plan has two flaws. One, it is obvious. Two, you can get what you desire easily. You plan to really marry Sandara and never let her go. Am I right?”

 

I flinched and my eyes landed on Leeteuk. He didn’t look at me or move an inch. He’s the same as he was when he talked to Sora.

 

He looked stunned—frozen.

 

I whispered his name again as the tears ran down my eyes. A part of me doesn’t want to believe in Sora but the most dominant in me is what he said. It might be true.

 

Sora smiled again with her eyes focused at me as she passed by Leeteuk with a smile on hers, “Your feelings are easy to play with.”

 

Her words struck me.

 

She’s been playing with Leeteuk’s feelings all along. She’s been controlling him ever since. She’s been manipulating Jiyong and me. She’s been the predator chasing us preys.

 

But most of all, she treats Leeteuk’s feelings as nothing.

 

“You scumbag!” I yelled and marched towards Sora who’s been waiting for me to descend the stairs. All the fear in me subsided and it has been replaced with anger and pain. I might not love Leeteuk nor marry him but it felt so wrong to play with his sincere feelings.

 

As I became closer to Sora, my hands trembled and turned numb. I don’t know what I can do but I do know what is right. I do know who to protect even though I am not a hero.

 

I felt Sora’s cold skin on my palm as my hand landed on her face. She smiled at me as she shifted her head to face me when she came back to her senses after I slapped her.

 

“Pretty brave there, Miss Park.” She grabbed my hand and raised me up in the air. My feet tried to touch the ground but I can barely feel the barren land on my feet. I struggled, trying to set myself free. But I struggle the most trying to protect Leeteuk and Jiyong from these selfish, manipulative men.

 

“Let go of me!” I tried removing her tight grip from my hand but the more I struggle, the more she tightens her grip.

 

The tears started to fall hardly from my eyes when the pain in me appeared again.

 

I can’t do anything as long as I am just a mere human. I won’t be able to save the one I love when all I can do is cry.

 

“Let go of her!” CL’s voice came next to me. I looked at her but she’s being invisibly held back by the four men whose enjoying the commotion.

 

“What do you want? I’ll do anything just free her.” I begged when I saw them hurting CL with the invisible pain they are producing.

 

“Marry Park ‘Leeteuk ‘ Jung-su.” Sora commanded with a pleasurable smile on her face, “And this time, it’s for real.” She hissed threateningly.

 

I looked at Leeteuk but he’s nowhere to be found.

 

Could’ve he escaped?

 

My eyes quickly looked at Sora who suddenly fell silent in front of me.

 

But Sora is gone too.

 

I felt no pain when I realized that I’m already sitting on the ground with wide, searching eyes. I looked at CL and her eyes looked horrified at me.

 

No, not at me. I quickly turned around and saw Leeteuk above Sora with his fist being enveloped by somewhat like a blue fire.

 

“Leeteuk!” I yelled his name in happiness as I saw him looking okay.

 

“Run, Sandara! Now!” he commanded. I looked at CL, questioning the unspoken hesitation in me. She smiled and nodded.She’ll be okay, Sandara. I promise.

 

Leeteuk’s voice lingered in my head.  Without any further hesitation, I did what he said. I ran towards the east of the gazebo, ripping the laces of my wedding gown as I tried to run as fast as I can, away from the people who manipulated my life.

 

I need to find help.

 

“Jiyong!” I cried out his name, hoping he could hear me.

 

I called his name once more.

 

Again.

 

Once again.

 

And again.

 

I will not stop calling his name even if the streaming tears became empty in me.

 

My legs felt the weakness and my nerves started informing me to give up. I kept on running, not knowing where I might end up. The sturdy coal trees made a dead canopy above me as the darkness swallowed me.

 

I couldn’t feel the fear because of the darkness; hence, I felt the fear of what might happen to Ice and CL if I can’t find the hero who’ll save them—and me.

 

I fell down to my knees as I stepped on one of the ripped laces of my dress. My lungs felt the burn of emotions inside me. I felt the heavy world above me. I felt the scare and the hopelessness creeping up in me.

 

I started to break down and wished for nothing but to end this nightmare.

 

“Hey, Superman. A person who’s nothing to you is seeking for help.” I whispered, hoping he could hear me. Hoping that he will come down. But my hopes went out of the drain as I realized that a person who’s nothing is the same as being ignored.

 

“Please, I need you.”

 

“Don’t expect me to save you here.”

 

His voice finally came inside me. My eyes quickly looked up and there was the pair of deep warm eyes that I’ve been yearning for. The angelic face that I’ve always wanted to stare at and the smile—the smile that is my forever dream.

“Jiyong!”

 

“Idiot. Don’t you know that that nothing is the start of something? And that something—or should I say someone,” he bent down in front of me with that smile on his face, “Is now my everything.”

 

The tears of joy started streaming down my cheeks. All of the trembling, the fear and every negative feelings disappeared by hearing those mere words. The entire storm that passed through my life, every tears and hurts, every sacrifice that I felt vanished with the dark winds.    

 

“Jiyong-”      

 

“I’ve always wanted to hit two birds with one stone, so,” he paused and smiled, carrying me like the first time I became his bride. But this time, the smile on his face greeted me a new welcome.

 

He scooped me up and he started to lift me up in the air with my whole heart in his arms. He looked at me, his eyes never leaving mine. He smiled as he hooked the fallen hair on my face behind my ear. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me only with one hand.

 

“Don’t you trust me?” he whispered, holding my chin to face him.

 

“Idiot! I don’t want to die yet!”

 

He laughed lowly as he rested his forehead on mine with his eyes still focused on me, “I guess this is considered as saving you and achieving my dream.”

 

“Your dream?”

 

He nodded, “Flying while looking into your eyes.” He paused and rested his free hand on my cheek, “Your eyes are the ones that I fell deeply in love with.”

 

My heart before started racing because of fear but now—fear is not even in my vocabulary. Right now, my heart’s beating faster because of his presence. Because of the smile on his face, the warmness of his arms and body, and the words he’s whispering in my heart.

 

“Now, let’s go save that villain and CL.”

 

“Leeteuk.” I growled, informing him that Leeteuk has a name.

 

He didn’t respond and he quickly flew towards where Ice and CL was when I left them. Flying in his arms with the feeling of security and comfort feels good. It’s as if nothing bad happened between us.

 

He softly landed and put me on my feet slowly. But he didn’t let go of my hand.

 

“Ah, Sandara. I knew you’d come back. And,” Sora paused as she saw Jiyong, a smile crept up on her face, “you brought Superman.”

 

“Let’s make this fast.” Jiyong took a step forward but his hand and fingers are still intertwined with mine, making me feel happy in an instant.

 

“The deal is for Sandara to marry someone else.” Jiyong informed every one of us as if it isn’t the obvious case here.

 

Sora nodded with that forever sly smile on her face.

 

“Good.” Jiyong smiled and turned to me. His warm sorrel eyes rested on mine, making my heart beat faster every blink he makes. His warm hands on mine made that invisible word of assurance that we will be able to get out of this situation

 

“Good?” Sora’s face turned into a confused frown.

 

“Jiyong, what do you-” Leeteuk stuttered as he tried to free himself from Sora’s invisible grip.

 

“What I mean is,” Jiyong touched my cheek and smiled, “Sandara will marry only one person—Jiyong Kwon.” His words were final and without another blink of an eye, his warm lips claimed mine.

 

My mind went blank and everything turned out to be something bizarre. The darkness faded, the light appeared, the heavy burden in me disappeared and only Jiyong’s kiss dominated me. But one thing’s holding me back from my optimal happiness.

 

That was the last kiss.

 

Jiyong slowly pulled away and smiled at me. In a moment, his eyes slowly fell shut just like a robot shutting down. His warm hands dropped from its warm touch on my face, his skin turned pale as the moon and no breathing from him can be heard.

 

“Jiyong?” I started to feel the tears greeting me once again.

 

“Sandara!” CL shrieked as she moved away from one of the men. I looked at Leeteuk and a smile crept across on his face as if something amusing is happening.

 

“Leeteuk?”

 

“Everything’s fine now, Sandara.” Even though Leeteuk is smiling, the sadness in his eyes is quite obvious for me.

 

I looked at Sora and her face fell flat on the ground. The four other men just stood still with their blank face and pitch-black eyes. They looked stunned and frozen. CL ran towards me as she wrapped her arms around me.

 

“Finally!” she exclaimed with tears streaming down her eyes.

 

“What happened-?”

 

Leeteuk trailed off, “It’s in my name, Sandara.” He simply said before disappearing into a dust of gold.

 

“But, Jiyong-” my tears fell down on his face.

 

CL patted my back and smiled, “He’s fine.”

 

My eyes widened at Jiyong who slowly blinked his eyes and those eyes that I’ve always loved felt like they landed on me for the very first time. I covered my mouth with both of my hands as I saw him smile at me.

 

“What…How...?”

 

“The last kiss can either kill me or— just as what happened, turn me back into human.” He touched my cheek once again and rested his forehead on mine. A smile washed the pain away inside me. The smile that ends everything.

 

“Sandara Park,” Jiyong whispered to me.

 

“Yeah?” I managed to ask between the cries of joy and gladness.

 

“Sandara Park, Sandara Park, Sandara Park.” He chanted again and again like a little kid.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Sandara Park,” he exhaled and pulled me into a tight hug, “Be mine again. Be the Sandara Kwon I knew…”

 

He smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Marry me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

Sora and the snake guy head is the same...

THE END!