Married to Superman - Chapter Twenty-Seven

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

Chapter XXVII

 

 

 

“What will it be, Dara?” the man who seems to be the leader asked with a taunting grin. His eyes like the eyes of a snake also showed his fleetness and cleverness. He approached Jiyong and just stood there beside him.

 

Jiyong’s face became hard as stone. His skin turned pale snow as if something might happen if he ever moved an inch from where he is standing, just like how Leeteuk acted in front of these men.

 

I let out all the bundle of trapped air in me so that I could breathe freely.

 

But it’s no use.

 

I still feel suffocated in this empty, hollow place where life and death matters.

 

“Hmmm. It seems like you’re feeling ambiguous. Doubts, I guess?” he concluded, showing once again the obvious hunger towards something in me. My blood? My soul? My whole being?

 

I don’t know what he wants but I am certain that Jiyong knows for the way he acts tells me that I should choose quickly.

 

“Let me make this easy.” He exhaled and chuckled. The four other men stood behind him, all of them are facing me and their eyes bored into my soul.

 

“First and foremost, you, Miss Dara, are the heroine in that book you are holding.” I glanced at the book of heroes in my hand. It glowed suddenly and I feel like its energy is being transferred to me.

 

“What about it?”

 

“You are quite aware that you are the writer and author of your life in that book, right?”

 

I nodded.

 

I know that I create my own ending by choosing the decisions these upper league men are throwing to me. I create my own destiny in this world. And I am the one to choose who dies and who lives.

 

“Well then, you, too, know that you will make your own decisions?”

 

“I am quite aware of that! Just go straight to the point!” the anger in me broke out. I can’t take any of these psychological questions he is playing at.

 

He chuckled and took a step towards me. His ever cold presence made me feel extreme fear for the very first time. The way he smiled at me and the words he’s playing added the confusion inside my head. I just want to know what will happen if I choose the second option.

 

If I choose to kiss Jiyong.

 

“Fine.” He smiled cunningly. “Here’s a little tip for you, dearest heroine. Sometimes the person you need is the person you didn’t want.” He fidgeted with the strands of my hair with his pale fingers.

 

“What do you—“

 

“That is if you choose the first option. The riddle, do you remember it?” he paused. The smile was glued on his face. “If you solve the riddle, the tip I gave you will help you a lot. However-” he grabbed my shoulder and without any effort, lifting me in the air until my feet are inches away from the ground.

 

“No! Stop!” his familiar voice yelled. This time, his angry voice wasn’t aimed at me.

 

This time, his voice showed care towards me.

 

“Ji...Jiyong.” I winced at the pain I am feeling. My eyes focused at him. My eyes just wanted to rest at the face that I always wanted to see every morning every day—the face that I wanted to touch for the very long time. 

 

“How rude of you to interrupt our conversation, eh? Superman?” the s eye man glanced at Jiyong. With his single hiss I heard Jiyong yelp at the invisible pain he is feeling. My heart throbbed at the confusion and panic building inside me. I want to rush over to Jiyong and ease the pain but at this moment, both of us are in extreme nuisance.

 

“Now, where was I?” he focused back at me. “Ah, that’s right. However, if you choose the second option-” he gripped my shoulder tighter making me cry at the top of my lungs.

 

“Agh!” I glared at him, uselessly trying to threaten a menace beast.

 

“Dara!” His voice was the only thing that keeps me hanging on to life and consciousness. “Damn it! Let go of her! Remember the deal!” the hall shook along with Jiyong’s roaring voice.

 

“Hmmm?” the grip on my shoulder loosened, causing me to fall firmly on the ground. I caught my breath, choking, as I tried to ease the stinging pain in my shoulder. It feels like he just simply broke my bone. But the pain didn’t bother me that much.

 

The only thing that keeps beating in my mind is how Jiyong cared for me. His mere words enlightened my spirits. His angry voice with care towards me feels like a spark in a pitch-black world.

 

“Ah, the deal! Yes,” he walked towards Jiyong and chuckled lowly. The fear inside me built that he might do something to Jiyong, activating my full alertness.

 

Dara! Dara! Are you all right?

 

Leeteuk’s voice echoed inside my head. I nodded to the voice in me, hoping he would get that I can’t talk this moment because of the trauma inside me.

 

Dara! Please, let Jiyong choose!

 

“What?” I questioned the voice of Leeteuk inside my head. He’s insane. He wants me to let Jiyong choose even though he and I both know that Jiyong will just sacrifice himself for the sake of his power.

 

“Leeteuk, please…tell me what to do. I need you here.” I mumbled to myself as I begged for Ice. He’s the only one who can ease my confusion. He’s the only one who can clear my mind to what’s happening.

 

Dara, I’m sorry. I’ve tried everything but it seems the upper league forbid my existence in their world. I want to help you. I need you too, Dara.

 

I nodded subconsciously, accepting the fact that this is a matter between Jiyong, the upper league and me.

 

“Are you done talking to that villain?” the s eye man asked with a sly smirk on his face. He does know everything. His power, I don’t know what it is but I know it is worthy to be feared about.

 

I gravely nodded.

 

“Well then, back to you, Superman. What will it be?”

 

Jiyong’s eyes focused at me. His brown eyes showed that he wants to tell me something. His face that’s always been my angel is bruised with pain and sadness. His body trembled at something in his mind.

 

“Jiyong-”

 

“I’ll accept your offer.” He trailed me off as he averted his eyes from me.

 

The throbbing of my heart fastened and my lungs felt the lack of oxygen in me.

 

What is he talking about? What offer?

 

The questions played in my mind like a never ending puzzle.

 

“Good! Good! Marvelous! Well then, it’s up to you, Jiyong. I remove the right for Dara to choose.” The five men clapped with joy in their faces.

 

“What? But I’m supposed to—!” I complained feeling the tables turning.

 

It feels like this is a duel between Jiyong and me. It feels like we are the puppets of these men.

 

Jiyong walked towards me. His movement was weak as if he hasn’t been eating for days already. His eyes were weary and dull. The way he looks at me is forced with courage and anger.

 

I know that in him—something is wrong.

 

“Jiyong? What are you talking about? What offer—“

 

“Shut up!” he hissed.

 

He bent down in front of me. He tilted my head so I am looking up at him as his hand rested on my cheek. The mere touch of his hand made my internals feel weightless. The way he looks made my mind go blank.

 

I don’t feel anything except my heart screaming to Jiyong.

 

“What are you—“I stopped as I noticed his head leaning towards me.

 

He closed his eyes as he cleaned closer…closer…almost suffocating me.

 

The memories came rushing back at me as his face slowly cleared the distance between us.

 

“Wait!” I grabbed his hand, holding back the laughter inside me.

 

“What?” his eyes, for the very first time, glared at me at our first meeting.

 

“You’re funny.” I confessed, cupping my free hand over my mouth to hold back the laughter inside me. It’s funny how he slowed down, waiting for me to catch up to him as if he’s expecting for me to run after him.

 

He didn’t respond.

 

He shoves my hand away and faced me completely.

 

“Uh…Oh yeah. I was just wondering if…if…” I tried to find the right excuse once again about why did I approached him. I can’t just spit out that I was attracted to him, especially his eyes and therefore making me end up in this situation.

 

“I don’t have all day.” He complained flatly.

 

“Well, I’m sorry if I can’t find the right words!” I could feel my cheeks heating up at the thought of the embarrassment I am in right now.

 

He rolled his eyes and folded his arms together over his chest, waiting impatiently for my explanation.

 

“I uh…um…Well…you see there is this boy…Wait, no! Heck, why in the world will I tell you that…I mean, I need to know…”

 

“Goodness, can’t you straighten your tongue?” his irritated voice flowed inside me, passing the annoyed feeling from him to me.

 

“I can! It’s just that you are extremely…”

 

“Gorgeous?” he added as I tried to search for the right words.

 

The trace of heat on my cheeks warned me to stop blushing.

 

“No! You’re…stupid!”

 

“Stupid?” he raised an eyebrow, questioning my stupidity.

 

I shook my head and surrendered at my own folly.

 

My eyes looked up at him, expecting that he’s gone and that he left a weirdo like me.

 

“Have you decided what your excuse is?” he asked in almost a whisper.

 

I quickly looked back at the ground, feeling all shy and embarrassed without any good reason.

 

“Well, if you’re still trapped in your own weirdness, I’ll go ahead. I have much more important things to do.” He turned around and retreated, walking away from me.

 

I looked at his broad back wondering what kind of feeling will flow down to the person who’ll hug him from his back. I wondered what kind of person he is. I wondered why I am so attracted to him. It feels like we’re ions. He’s the positive and I’m the negative—ending up that I am attracted to him

 

“Wait!” my hand subconsciously reached out to him, “Are you…Superman!?”

 

He stopped and glanced at me from his shoulder.

 

For the very first time—I realized that comfortable distance between us.

 

“Stop!” I crawled back, putting on a horrified face at Jiyong.

 

He’s killing himself.

 

“D—don’t do it.” I begged with all the pain and storm inside me. I’ve had enough of these obstacles in my life. I’ve had enough of the things that keep me away from Jiyong.

 

I don’t want to risk his life again.

Even with that kiss that I’ve always wanted—that I’ve always desired, it’s still not worth it if it means that he’ll die.

 

I don’t know how to stop loving him. I don’t want to forget this feeling inside me even if it means killing him.

 

“No. No…Dara, you are being selfish.” I whispered to myself as I reminded myself about the options I have.

 

If I am the one to choose, it is certain that Jiyong will die. If Jiyong is the one to choose, I don’t know the outcome.

 

“Dara!” his voice was coarse and crisp. His face showed no emotion to me. The way he looked at me was fierce and hard as if I am the one at fault here.

 

“Jiyong, are you really that stupid!? I won’t let you die! I won’t risk your life ever again!” my breathing became heavy as I focused on him with the pleading in me. I just want to save Jiyong. “I don’t want you to-” the orphan tears in my eyes started crying on their own.

 

“Just shut up and let me protect you!”

 

His words ended the suffering in me.

 

I looked at Jiyong intently. His breathing’s also noticeable. His eyes focused at the ground. His body trembled along with his shaky voice. His presence in front of me meant everything to me.

 

“W-Why?” my voice croaked.

 

I felt confused but at the same time glad to hear those sheer words he said to me. It feels like the first time I’ve ever saw him.

 

He shook his head, “I don’t know at first but now…I know what I didn’t know. I want to give you the things you’ve given me. I just want you to live, to breathe and to be alive.”

 

It’s as if the end of the world was in my mind but his voice pulled me out of that devastation. His voice brought me to the real reality.

 

I’m married to Superman for a reason.

 

“Jiyong-” the tears were cradled by my burning cheeks. The heart in me started beating nonstop. My lips trembled with the quivering of my body.

 

The trembling stopped when I felt the warm feeling building inside me. Everything stopped when I felt his warm lips on mine.

 

I quickly pulled away as I realized what he did.

 

“No…No! Jiyong!” his body fell in front of me. One minute ago I could see his face with life. One moment vanished with just a mere kiss.

 

I cradled him in my arms. The tears kept on flowing. My heart felt nothing except the nothingness and empty pain cradling me. The feelings in me were vanquished.

 

“Jiyong.” I called his name again and again. Again and again until it’s almost a whisper.

 

“I see. Then that’s what he chose.” The s eye man nodded with pity on his face. The five of them turned away and vanished, they were gone with the mourning wind.

 

“Dara?” his weak voice echoed loudly inside my ear.

 

“I’m here. You’ll be fine, right? Please tell me you’re okay.” I begged with all the prayers and pleading words I could think of.

 

I hate this.

 

I tried to save him but instead, it killed him. I know, I believed and I thought that love can save one’s life. But it seems that it is contrary to the belief.

 

Love is a menace. It is silent killer.

 

“You know what my dream is?” his voice faded with the silence.

 

I shook my head as I caressed his cheeks. His head, resting on my lap, felt heavy along with his paling body— along with my heart.

 

He tried to smile but the reaper slowly devoured his whole being, “I want to fly while looking in your eyes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

Is he going to die?