Married to Superman - Chapter Nineteen

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter XIX

 

 

 

“You will be exiled in five days time. On that day, we will come and pick you up.” He informed me with certainty and confidence as if the five days time he is referring to should be now and it shouldn’t be kept waiting.

 

My eyes shifted quickly to Leeteuk and he was still as a stone. His hand was wrapped around mine with his cold skin absorbing all the heat in me. I flinched as he grasped my hand harder, not letting a single skin of me go. His eyes were black as ebony and he never left his gaze from the men in front of us. I’ve never seen Ice like this before. I’ve never seen him so afraid and his shoulders indicate that he is trembling like a single move of his could kill any of us.

 

“Wait…” my voice croaked as the unconscious voice in me broke out when I figured out what Leeteuk’s state is, “Being exiled means you’ll expel me from this country. Where will I be departed?”

 

The man with the eyes of a snake smirked at me, my cheek with his wrinkly cold hand.

 

“You are pretty clever. But not smart enough, my dear.” He exhaled with amusement as he walked in slow circles around me and Ice. His voice was roaring inside my ear as his presence sent down chills to every cell in my body. He started whispering something that my mind can’t comprehend, but little by little the words came rushing into me. He stopped in front of me as a smile planted on his face, he repeated the words again. “Your life will be terminated in five days.”

 

With his last words, a sudden rapid movement escaped next to me. I stared in horror at a man lying down on the ground with his arms on his back being held together by a stronger man. Leeteuk looked up at me with pain in his eyes. The man with the snakes’ eyes stood next to Leeteuk who is lying on the ground, being imprisoned by the ghostly hand of one of the powerful men. His snake eyes looked back at me from Leeteuk. A sudden amusement flashed in his eyes.

 

Every step the man took echoed inside my ear, beating with my fearing heart.

 

With Leeteuk gone beside me, I suddenly felt afraid. I suddenly felt like the sun just disappeared and that a storm is waving hello to me. My infliction was added as I just stood there, staring at Leeteuk who’s twitching in pain with a mere touch of a man with red and blue eyes.

 

“Indeed you are pretty special, Sandara Kwon.” His snake eyes draw me to them, digging a deep darkness inside me, making me unable to breathe freely. His big hand clasped both of my cheek. I winced at the touch of his cold and hard skin.

 

A slow yelp escaped my lips as I thought about Jiyong.

 

“I wonder how you managed to tame Park Leeteuk.” He gratingly let go of my cheeks as he circled around me again with his hands crossed behind his back.

 

“What do you mean?” I managed to ask in a low, feared voice.

 

“Why? You don’t know about this guy?” his eyes darted to Leeteuk, making me follow his gaze. Leeteuk is now standing but his hands are still behind him being held tightly by a man. Ice could simply just fire his hands up and burn the man imprisoning him but it’s weird that he didn’t do it.

 

“My, my. Park Leeteuk is pretty famous like Kwon Jiyong. Although, it seems that Kwon Jiyong turned out to be the nice guy, such a shame.” The man shook his head in dismay as he stated his last sentence. My hands started sweating and my whole body trembled with the man’s word. Something is bugging me between Leeteuk and Jiyong.

I’ve never seen Leeteuk in newspapers before nor have I heard of him. Jin Ah and Ji Yul sometimes appear on the news with their powerful and quick saving of the day.

 

I didn’t respond so the man continued.

 

“Back at the institute, we thought that Jiyong will be the one who’s corroding the buildings and smashing people’s lives. We always thought that with our experiments and trainings, in the end Jiyong is always the dark one, the cold one and the bad guy. But it turned out that research and results aren’t enough. Science isn’t always right. Jiyong didn’t turn out as we planned. He didn’t become the villain.” He paused and walked towards Leeteuk. I drew back in fear when the man suddenly grabbed Leeteuk’s hair and lift him in a simple way that it seems like Leeteuk is completely weightless.

 

“Please, stop…” I begged when I saw Leeteuk’s face. He was gritting his teeth but it seems he doesn’t want to fight back. My mind is disturbing me with ‘Why’s’. Why isn’t Leeteuk fighting back? Why is he so afraid? Why can’t he look directly into my eyes?

 

“This boy, just a mere boy before is the one who ends up helping around and accompanying the heroes in the institute. He’s always the one who ends up saving the day. But what do you know? It seems like it’s the contrary.” The man slyly smiled as he tossed his words into Leeteuk’s face.

 

Leeteuk let out a glare at the man but he just ignored Leeteuk’s threat. He let go of him and focused back on me, “Kwon Jiyong— superman, superhero, the good guy. Park Leeteuk …” he paused and a chuckle escaped his lips, “The villain, the world known thief of powers in heroes. This boy is clever as an owl and fleet as a panther. But what do you know? His weakness is you.”

 

The feeling inside me is like a flushing toilet. Everything is scattered and went down the drain. Everything suddenly felt odd and empty. My mind started repeating the words the man said.Villain.

 

Leeteuk found it amusing when Jiyong almost died. Leeteuk made me almost kill Jin Ah. That time, when Jin Ah was introduced into the class as Jiyong’s wife. I know now that the fire that came from my hand is Leeteuk’s. He has the power of fire. He said we were connected—physically and by power.

 

“Ah-ah. That is wrong my dear.” The man pulled me back again to reality. I looked at him with confused eyes and he just simply shook his head.

 

He planted his snake eyes back at me.

 

“Park Leeteuk doesn’t only have the power of fire. He has the power of every superhero he killed.”

 

The word struck me. My vision suddenly blackened like the lights just flickered on and off again and again. My head feel heavy and clouded with nothing. My hands trembled like I just saw blood or something.

 

Everything in me is lost.

 

“H…He…killed?” the tiny croaking voice greeted my lips. My watery eyes shifted to Leeteuk.

 

He looked away with guilt in his eyes.

 

I wanted to slap him. I wanted to ask him if everything this stranger is saying is true. I want to know that everything I am hearing is a lie. I want to lie to myself. But lying is simply just like a temporary band-aid that covers reality for a sheer moment.

 

The wound will come out in the end—the truth.

 

“No! No, this isn’t true!” I wailed as tears started flowing down from my eyes.

 

Leeteuk who has been always so kind and protective, Leeteuk who’s always there for me when I needed someone to be with. Leeteuk who’s my superhero is the Park Leeteuk of this stupid superhero world that kills each other. He’s a villain and yet he acts so kind?

 

Is everything just a joke? Is everything he has done to me just an act? I want to know but with this situation I am in, it’s not the best time. I know, because Leeteuk can barely look at me in the eyes. And I can barely accept everything.

 

“Leeteuk …” I whispered his name with pain and confusion, with hurt and ache, with hope and lie.

 

“Well then, we’d better be going. See you soon, Sandara.” The man with the snakes’ eyes bid me goodbye as he snapped his fingers. In a slow zephyr, they disappeared.

 

They disappeared with Leeteuk.

 

I fell to my knees, feeling hopeless and lied to. I felt like I’m a kid that expected a Christmas present but ended up not receiving any. It feels like my whole world is just being glued to pieces.

 

I felt like wishing for Leeteuk but now, it is my fault he is gone. I felt like wishing for Jiyong but I can’t even say his name with the invisible painful chunk on my throat.

 

My back ached along with my ears as the clashing of metal and flesh greeted my ears. I looked in front of me as my breathing became heavy along with my feelings. Her blue eyes focused at me with anger and pain. Something in her eyes caught me off guard.

 

She’s crying.

“Ji…Ji Yul?” I called out her name with a low pain. She held my neck tighter as she pushed me harder on the locker behind me. I recoiled with all the pain –physically and emotionally—I am dealing with.

 

“You crumb! Why did you let them take him!? Why do you have to be here!? Why does he have to love you!?” she yelled at the top of her lungs as her tears started flowing down her face. It’s whether she’s physically bullying me or the tears that she’s showing to me that make me feel hurt and guilty.

 

I’ve never seen Ji Yul like this before. I’ve never seen her so emotional and sore.

 

Her head fell down as the vagabond tears touched the cold floor. Everything is cold and dark.

 

I looked passed at Ji Yul and saw Jin Ah. Her eyes showed her soul. Her eyes showed everything she is feeling. Jin Ah and Ji Yul are feeling the same.

 

Something in them just connected with mine. It is either the two of them hate me and the feeling is mutual or it’s about—“ Leeteuk.” I whispered his name again.

 

With that, Ji Yul pushed me harder making the metals clank. “You have no right to say his name!” I could feel the shattering of some parts of the metal behind me. My heart’s resting peacefully, not feeling any fear with whatever Ji Yul will do to me.

 

Every pain and fear in me drifted off with Leeteuk’s disappearance with the strange men.

 

“Look, I didn’t intend for Leeteuk to be hero napped! I don’t like the fact that I couldn’t do anything for him! Nor did I force him to like me! I don’t like the thing about Leeteuk forcing himself into my life when it makes me feel painful for him! I…I hate the fact that I am worthless. I am no superhero. I am just an ordinary human and I can’t save Leeteuk …or Jiyong.” Tears started flowing down my eyes again. My eyes felt hot and burning. Everything became blurry.

 

My breathing went back to normal as Ji Yul slowly removed her hand from my neck. She stood in front of me with her face being hidden with her messy hair. I massaged my cervical as I breathe in every air I could take.

 

“Sandara, you are no ordinary human.” Jin Ah finally spoke. I looked at her in an instant with the anticipation for her to quickly go on.

 

“The reason you have to marry Jiyong is to keep him safe. But it seems like everything is opposing one another. The time that we knew you’re Jiyong weakness; we had this feeling of uneasiness. It seems like the prophecy was wrong.” She continued, not leaving her gaze from me. Her eyes are swelling and the greenness of her eyes has the mixture of redness.

 

“What prophecy? And who are those men?"

 

“The prophecy is about a superman marrying an ordinary human. Whoever the superman is, if he ever marries an ordinary human, that human will be his weakness even he loves her or not, she is still his weakness. That just simply means that you are Jiyong’s weakness if you are not aware of it by now. The men you saw earlier, they are the upper league. They are mightier and powerful than superman. They are our boss.” Jin Ah explained with disgust.

 

Jin Ah might be Jiyong’s first love and maybe she is the same for him but I take her explanation in account.

 

It must’ve been hard for her to say these things to me.

 

But something Jin Ah said struck me.

 

Even if he loves her or not.

 

I guess no matter what I do, I’ll always just be an instrument to Jiyong.

 

“Sandara?” Jin Ah called in a low voice. I looked up at her and she frowned a little before continuing, “Do you know what case you are in now?”

 

“Yeah. I will be killed in five days.” I shivered as I said about my death. It feels weird that you know when you’ll die. It seems like just a little time to spend. I haven’t even had any job or kids.

 

“Aside from that…” Jin Ah breathed out and she looked at Ji Yul.

 

Ji Yul looked up at me with her eyes swelling and red from tears. “If ever someone saves you from your death, Jiyong will die. The institute believes that if you continue living and be with Jiyong, he’ll simply die. There is the rule of three. Three little pigs, three wishes, three kings—the number three is quite significant. In the hero institute when they discovered that Jiyong will be a superman, they felt dismayed…”

 

“I know. They expected for him to be the villain.” I interrupted her.

 

She glared at me for a second before continuing, “They gave Jiyong three limits. And it’s the kiss. If he’ll be kissed by his weakness, he’ll simply die. On the first kiss you did to him—“

 

“He kissed me! It’s not me who kissed him!” I interrupted again making Ji Yul turn into a scary water goddess again. Her hair stuck out everywhere making wavy floating in the air and her eyes glowed deep blue.

 

“Okay, sorry. I’m sorry.”

 

She calmed down as I reminded myself not to interrupt her anymore. “On the first kiss, the institute had the ability to bring him to life again. On the second kiss, it is us heroes who can revive him. But on the third kiss…” Ji Yul paused and shook her head.

 

“No one knows what will exactly happen. It is either he’ll lose his power or he dies.” Jin Ah continued in a flat voice.

 

I gulped and felt the black butterflies—the black butterflies of fear and ache—on my stomach.

 

“However, if you die, Jiyong will live. If you die, his weakness will be gone too and he’ll fully be a superman. He’ll live eternally and forever. But if Jiyong tries to save you, the institute will be forced to kill him.” Ji Yul’s voice became edgy and uneasy.

 

I just stood there looking at both of them. They have the same serious, beautiful face. They both have the fear in their eyes.

 

They both care for Jiyong and Leeteuk.

 

“That’s insane! If they kill him then it’s better to let me live and I shall be the one to terminate his life with my kiss.” Stupid to say but it’s what my heart says.

 

“That’s not as simple as that! Leeteuk is falling for you! He likes you and he is a villain! Jiyong is the good guy and Leeteuk is the bad guy…” Jin Ah slowed down,

 

“You’re the neutral person between the two of them. If ever Leeteuk becomes serious towards his affection for you, he can simply steal Jiyong’s power.” Jin Ah explained with fear on her raised voice.

 

My body started trembling again. It feels like I’m hanging on a cliff and I am holding onto an invisible branch. Any time I could fall and die.

 

“Do you know how much it hurts? I’ve been waiting for Leeteuk’s attention for a long time and yet, there is no chance of him seeing me as someone who he can be forever. But you, you’re just a mere human and yet he sees the spark in you. It’s stupid! Why can’t it just be me and Leeteuk and you and Jiyong?” Ji Yul’s

voice roared like thunder as her confession of emotions poured down on me. I stared at her in amusement. I can’t believe that Ji Yul is madly in love with Leeteuk and yet she treats him like a servant.

 

“That’s stupid! Do you think you’re the only one being hurt? Every time I try to get Jiyong’s attention, something interferes. Every time I try to let go of this feeling for him—it just hurts much more. I know I should’ve have let go but I promise that I will not let go of his hand until he let go of mine. It’s hard to love a person who can’t love you back. I’ve hoarded love but it keeps melting away. I tried locking my love but it keeps breaking free. I tried grabbing onto love but I ended up holding an illusion.” My voice slowly silenced. My words expressed the emptiness and the screaming pain inside me.

 

Jin Ah and Ji Yul were silent for a moment.

 

My mind tried to fix the puzzle but an image created is just blank. I tried my best to flash back what the words my ears heard but it seems that the trauma in me keeps blocking reality.

 

“If I live, Jiyong will die. If I die, Jiyong will live? Isn’t there any other way for us to both live?” I feel hopeless at the moment. It seems like life is totally being unfair especially in this stupid superhero life.

 

“No, there is no other way. Just die.” Jin Ah simply said, making me growl at her in an instant.

 

Ji Yul sighed interrupting the glares between Jin Ah and me.

 

“There is a way…” she continued. Her deep blue eyes focused back on me. Her face suddenly becomes heavy and serious.

 

“The institute will stop for awhile if, and only if, you marry someone else.”

 

 

 

-------------------------

Should I add Jaejoong or Donghae or Seungri here?!