Married to Superman - Chapter Eighteen

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter XVIII

 

 

Only the sounds of the flickering lights and bumping of spoons and forks on the plates hummed between the musical silence between Jiyong and I.

 

We are back to normal.

 

But I still wouldn’t quite say that we really are back to the usual scheme we do.

 

I stole some glances to him. He’s stiff as a god’s statue. It’s like he isn’t breathing or alive. His eyes were focused on the untouched food his fork is poking at. His presence feels invisible with the silence he is screaming. It somehow feels awkward between the two of us after what happened yesterday.

 

“Are you going to school today?” he broke the silence. My eyes quickly shifted to him, sending down warm tingles as our eyes met. His deep brown eyes were recognizable after his death. There’s this feeling inside me that still can’t believe that Jiyong, whom I have killed with a kiss, just became alive now and is eating breakfast with me right at this very moment. 

 

I nodded awkwardly before turning back my focus on my half-ate food.

 

Jiyong placed down his utensils before resting his arms, crossed over one another, on the table. His eyes that are focused on me sent down chills after shivers all over my body. It’s as if an assassin is letting me know he’ll kill me. His gaze was full of threat even though I can clearly see his eyes are still calm.

 

“You and I being married to someone else…” he started, getting my full attention, “let’s keep it that way.”

 

He stood up leaving the table and going to his own room. I sighed, gravely, rethinking what he just said. He wanted our status to be the way it is—secret and almost nonexistent. It’s almost like he doesn’t want to tell to the whole world about us. He probably doesn’t want to let any of his other superhero friends to know that he’s embarrassingly married to an ordinary human like me.

 

I did what I am supposed to do. I grabbed each of our plates and utensils and washed the dishes. It’s the typical housewife duty and honestly, I am still not used to it after a year of marriage.

 

The soft, slippery sensation of the bubbles from the dishwashing liquid hugged my hands as I continuously rub each utensil with a weak force. Thoughts came rushing back inside my mind as I tried to get rid of the stains of food on the plates. I just realized that I am supposed to be hearing a clashing of metal and porcelain whenever I am washing the dishes.

 

I looked at my right hand, at my ring finger. It doesn’t have any accessory where, the fact is, there should be.

 

Even a mere ring can’t be pictured on my finger. I can’t even feel the marriage.

 

There is not even a single marriage portrait of Jiyong and me in any part of the house.

 

“Hurry up. We’ll be late.” I surprisingly dropped my hand to the basin of bubbles as Jiyong’s voice appeared a few distance behind me. I nodded, not bothering to look at him and focusing my full attention to the dishes in the sink.

 

He sighed as his footsteps strides towards me, making me feel nervous and uncomfortable at the moment.

 

“Step aside.” He ordered as he grabbed the sponge from my hand.

 

“What are you doing?” a stupid question asked by a person namely me.

He didn’t respond. Instead, just like lightning and a sudden gush of wind, the plates are all arranged in the dish organizer—all gleaming and squeaky clean. I looked at Jiyong who’s drying his hands with a towel, completely finishing the pile of dishes with a single breath.

 

Jiyong looked at me with those deep eyes of his, making me flinch. “Let’s go.”

 

He ordered leading the way out and not waiting for me to grab my stuffs.

 

I locked the door behind me and followed him outside, just like what he commanded me to. I stopped on my tracks when I look at Jiyong in a checkered tee and a pair of dark jeans. He opened the driver seats’ door and hopped in.

 

In front of my eyes is a red shiny Ford Mustang parked in front of our house. My mouth dropped as I looked at every inch of it. It was gleaming and shining like it’s been through a car wash for the past second.

 

Jiyong beeped at me. Waking me up to my senses and making me rush towards the car. Opening the door and leaning down a little, I looked at Jiyong with confused eyes, “What in the world is this?” I started, not getting inside the car, “Are we going to school in this? Together?”

 

He sighed, looking at me as if I’m a lost person asking for directions. “This is a car, if you are not aware of. It has four wheels and is used for transportation. If you prefer taking a cab rather than having a free ride, then, suit yourself.” Jiyong started the engine, holding onto the steering wheel, readily to drive on my foot and leave me.

 

“Wait, hold it. Are you sure you are KWON Jiyong? I mean, is that really you? It’s like you’ve changed, like, a lot.” I commented, putting in my right foot so that if ever he started the car, I’ll be ready to get in as quickly as he can say ‘go’.

 

“Dara, we’ll be late.” He mumbled lowly, almost not moving his lips.

 

I don’t want to test his patience anymore or else this new car will end up in the junkyard in an instant. I hopped in and fastened my seatbelt, in case Jiyong thinks of killing me with motion sickness.

 

“Why are we going to school together? Wouldn’t it be kind of…odd?” I cleared my throat, stealing a quick glance at him.

 

“Is that a problem?” he countered, putting on a straight face.

 

“W…Well, not really. But if you think about it, I am ‘supposed’ to be married to Leeteuk and it’s the same for you to Jin Ah. Since we are both committed, wouldn’t it be kind of—weird seeing us together? To others, it will look like we are cheating on our partners.” I fidgeted with my fingers as I waited for Jiyong to answer.

 

He sighed.

 

“Do you care about what people will say?” he answered my question again with a question.

 

I shook my head. Honestly, I don’t care whatever firewood they add to the fire.

 

Right this moment, I am just happy to be inside the same car with Jiyong and having quite an ‘ask-me-a-question-and-I’ll-answer-you-with-one’ conversation.

 

“Do you?” I asked, looking at him from the peripheral vision of my eye.

 

“Why would I? I don’t care whatever they say. They don’t run my life.”

 

I looked at Jiyong who’s keeping his eyes on the road. As if he’ll be able to miss an old woman crossing the road. He’s superman. He can drive with his eyes closed, for goodness sake.

 

“Yeah. I forgot that Jin Ah runs your life.” I snorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

 

“What?” he raised a tone, making me raise an eyebrow at him.

 

“When you died, Jin Ah was the one who brought you to life again, am I right?” there was a sharp edge on the tone of my voice, making Jiyong look at me with an amuse expression on his eyes.

 

“That’s stupid. What kind of cheap newspaper would publish such news?” his tone was flat and he suddenly gripped the steering wheel harder.

 

“Tell me then. If Jin Ah wasn’t the one, then how did you become alive again?” my ears were all on Jiyong’s answer. It’s been bothering me since and this is the only chance I see to ask him.

 

He stepped on the breaks gently before turning his full attention to me, making my heartbeat faster. I could hear the beating of my heart on my ears and the breath that I take every second can be felt by my sudden sensitive self.

 

This is always the impact of Jiyong on me when he simply gazes through my eyes.

 

I’m caught in a deep trance.

 

“It wasn’t easy.” Jiyong looked away, gripping the steering wheel harder until it made the cracking sounds, begging for Jiyong to let go.

 

“Please, tell me.” I begged.

 

He sighed and massaged his temples as if it’s a stressing work to say how it

ever happened.

Jiyong turned his gaze to me. His face was dead serious as if someone just died again.

 

“Dara, if ever a strange group of man approaches you, no matter what, don’t ever come with them.” An edgy tone appeared on Jiyong’s voice. Fear and caution suddenly enveloped our discussion.

 

“Wait. What are you saying? Why are you suddenly—“

 

“Dara.” A tap behind me made me felt a sudden surprise and a small heart attack inside me. I turned around and saw Leeteuk with that gentle smile of his on his face. My eyes looked back at Jiyong who’s looking at me with pleading eyes.

 

Sighing, I nodded at Jiyong who seems to be contented with my answer. I got off the car and Leeteuk s his arm around my waist. I took one last glance at Jiyong who seems to be unbothered by Leeteuk and I acting all sweet, which honestly, makes me sick.

 

“You should really stay away from Jiyong.” Leeteuk whispered next to me as we made our way through the mumbling and whispering crowd.

 

I glared at him and asked why in a low, angry voice.

 

“He’ll just be in trouble if you’re around.” He said it with truth and loudness to make it reach into the very ear in my heart, making it ache.

 

“What do you mean? I know when I kiss him he’ll die. But—“

 

“Dara. If you continue living and being with Jiyong…he’ll simply die. And if he continues to try protecting you, it’ll just end up either you die or he does.” Leeteuk said it as if it’s a normal event.

 

I stopped on my tracks and looked at Leeteuk, full of anger and confusion.

 

My lips suddenly became dry and my throat was covered with a lump. I can’t believe I am hearing this right now. I can’t believe that Jiyong just said something that’s somehow connected to whatever Ice is informing me at the moment.

 

“You two, being together, simply means dying. You won’t understand this at the moment but I am quite sure that they are soon after you. Dara, I told you to marry me so that I can protect you.” Leeteuk grabbed my shoulders and gently shook me for me to digest all what he is saying.

 

It feels like a sudden death inside me conquered me. It feels like I am breathing but at the same time, my lungs stopped functioning. My heart is continuously beating but I feel nothing. I felt numb but the pain is there.

 

Everything inside me opposes one another. It feels like I’m in between life and death.

 

“Who’s after me? Why are they after me? And…how will you protect me if Jiyong can’t?” my fists clenched and my voice suddenly sharpened, like knives.

 

“He didn’t tell you?” Leeteuk voice suddenly became cold and empty. The shiver ran down back in me as Leeteuk’s eyes shifted to the half-blue and half-green colors. I looked around and become worried if ever people will see the sudden change.

 

I shook my head. My knees felt like Jell-O and my whole body turned numb.

 

I looked back at Leeteuk’s eyes and they turned jet black in an instant. A sudden darkness enveloped him, making me, for the very first time, fear this used to be gentle Leeteuk in front of me.

 

He grabbed my hand and moved me to his side. I suddenly heard him growl which is odd.

 

My eyes focused on the thing that he is looking and growling at.

 

In front of my eyes laid five men in white tailored suits. They all have the same clothing. They’re faces has the image of the gods and they’re eyes caught my attention the most. They are all in different colors. Each of their eyes doesn’t match with the other.

 

“Sandara Park.” One man with his left eye red and the other blue, said my name with echo forming along the room. I looked around and the place turned empty like a ghost town.

 

“Yes?” my voice croaked and I could hear the nervousness building up on it.

 

Leeteuk’s grip on my hand turned cold and hard as if these men aren’t good news.

 

I looked at Leeteuk. His face suddenly turned pale and hard like stone. His body stiffened as if something stunned him on the spot. My gaze turned back to the men and suddenly, they were a mere distance away from me.

 

One man smiled at me as he held my chin and tilted it up, making me look at his odd eyes. His eyes has the form of a snakes’ and his left eye is colored deep blue, the deepest blue that I’ve ever seen while the other has the color of the darkness of black.

 

He said my name again before his lips, “You are being exiled.”

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

Forbidden Love?!