Married to Superman - Chapter Twenty

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter XX

 

 

If he has a twin and that twin of his is also a superman, would it feel the same? Would I be able to love that twin of his? Will everything be okay? Will I be able to live a happy life?

 

The disturbing questions ran inside my mind like a repeating song. The melody that the questions made is partly beautiful, like a Beethoven’s symphony. But analyzing it deeply, it’s complicated than what I think like the chords and keys of Beethoven’s piano.

 

I stared at him wondering if he knew how much that I miss him even though it’s just a day that passed that I didn’t see him. His hair is quite a mess but he still looks clean and magnificent as if he is taking a bath every second. The first three buttons of his shirt are undone while he just wore plain faded jeans.

 

A normal Kwon Jiyong sitting there silently and reading a book.

 

My mind evilly disturbed my admiration at the moment.

 

I just stood there dumbfounded and looking at Jiyong with burning eyes. Tears started building up a reservoir behind my eyes.

 

What if I die? Will Jiyong cry? Will he be safe? Will he be happy? Will he continue being a superman?

 

A stray tear escaped my left eye indicating the pain dwelling inside me. I would rather wish for a teat to come out of my right eye to indicate happiness and life even though inside I am clearly drying.

 

Is it better if he has a human twin and I am married to that other Jiyong? Does it feel wonderful if that twin of his is the opposite of Jiyong? Kinder? More caring? Always smiling? And loves me more than I love him?

 

My thoughts passed like a broken stereotype—full of buzzing sound and unclearness.

 

But something just answered my irrelevant questions.                            

                     

Those deep brown eyes of his peeled every skin in my body to the very last cell.

 

It feels like those eyes are sending hidden, incomprehensible messages to my whole being. Those eyes gave me confusion like a rubix cube with no interchangeable colors. It’s like a jigsaw puzzle with no solution, like a power that has no strength.

 

“Sandara?” he mentioned my name with a low velvet voice. His voice showed uncertainty and something that is hard to verbalize in my stunned sate.

 

“Yeah?” I asked with a forced smile on my face and just stood there awkwardly even though deep inside me I feel like running to him and wrapping him in my arms.

 

“Why are you just standing there?”

 

I paused for a moment and looked at Jiyong. He seems to still don’t know about my execution.

 

Maybe it is for the best anyway.

 

“Nothing. I just don’t feel like sitting.” My laughter is low and full of nervousness. I slowly walked towards the seat opposite to Jiyong and slumped down, not leaving my eyes to his stiff and godly figure.

 

He just nodded for a second before closing the book and placing it at the side table neatly as if it’s a fragile thing. He focused his gaze at me sending back the sensation I am feeling whenever he does that. But this time, inside me is full of sadness and sorrow. This time, I just want to wrap my arms around him and never let him go until the five days are over.

 

But I can’t for I am afraid that if I hold on too much, he’ll be the first one to let go. But what I fear the most if ever I walk away from his life, he won’t run after me and grab my hand.

 

“Are you busy today?” he interrupted my moment of drawing every part of his in my brain. My eyes widened at him as I cleared my throat and looked away, feeling very awkward by meeting his eyes.

 

“No, not really. Why?” I tried to act normal as I can.

 

“If that is the case…” he stood up and walked towards me, stopping a few inches from where I am sitting.

 

He reached out his hand to me.

 

I looked up at him. Those deep brown eyes again trapped me in a deep trance. How I will never forget the reason why I ever married Jiyong. But setting the physical appearance aside, I guess even if he does have a twin—I still won’t fall for that twin of his.

 

My hand subconsciously reached out itself to Jiyong’s warm, smooth hand. A sudden vibration flowed down to every strands of hair in my body. It feels like I’ve been electrolyzed by an electric chair for committing such a crime as holding his hand.

 

“I wouldn’t want to fly with you acting that way.” He mumbled, looking away from me.

 

My eyes tried catching his but it seems he do know how to avoid mine.

 

He let out a grave sigh before pulling me to my feet and keeping me standing still. I looked at our connected hand. Instead of being happy, it seems that the burden in me was added with doubt in myself and between the two of us. There is still that gap in our hand. Our fingers aren’t intertwined and only are palms are touching each other, but even if that is the case, my palm feel the coldness the same as I am feeling inside.

 

“Sandara?” he called out again.

 

I looked back at him and for the rarest moment in my life—I’ve seen his worried face. The flow of happiness started devouring the doubts and coldness in me.

 

Something just the heater, something just added wood to the fire, something just added stars to the spark inside me.

 

“You look troubled.” He said it as a statement and not as an interrogative concern.

 

“Uh, no. I’m just tired.” My smile faked itself like a photocopy of myself that is invisible to Jiyong. I wonder if he can read my mind. But it seems he can’t for superman doesn’t have such power.

 

But it’s not impossible for him to be able to read my heart.

 

“I wonder…” I started, looking away and a sad smile formed on my face. My vision suddenly blurred as if I am underwater. I can barely breathe and all I want is a hand to pull me out of that deathly water—Jiyong’s hand. I looked at it and it’s still holding mine. I wonder if he’ll be the one to let go. I wonder if he’s feeling something just by holding my hand. But most of all, I wonder if like Leeteuk and me, we have this strange connection that ties our feelings and emotion together.

 

I wonder if he feels what I am feeling. I wonder if this strange connection is a supernatural power. Or is it just a mere joke between Leeteuk and I.

 

“I wonder if there’s such a power wherein I feel your emotion and you feel mine.” I mumbled, exhaling through my nose with displeasure.

 

“What?”

 

My eyes narrowwed at Jiyong who showed confusion in his emotionless face. I shook my head vigorously before putting on a cheerful face and grasping his hand harder.

 

“Where do you need me for, anyway?” my mouth quickly changed the topic. It seems that Jiyong didn’t mind my weirdness. He just nodded again before leading me outside the house and into the garage.

 

The stars shined brightly like precious diamonds that’s worn by a wonderful smooth skin in the sky. The moon shined like a wonderful polished pearl from the Pacific Sea. But besides these beauties in the night, what’s wonderful is seeing Jiyong standing next to me, looking up at the sky with the same awe in his eyes.

 

“I want to tell you that…” he looked at me sideways before lifting my hand halfway in the air. I anticipated for the next words he will say. Honestly, I am expecting for him to confess what he really feels. I expect him to make my heart leap again by his mere words. I never heard him say about his love for me—and I wonder if he ever will before I could even…die.

 

He exhaled, grasping my hand to wake me up from my own world. “Please, continue.” I responded to his warn.

 

“Seohyun’s alive.”

 

A gush of blood called happiness flowed inside me.

 

I didn’t waste any moment and all I want to do at this very moment is to express this happiness into something that’ll make me even happier. I threw my arms around Jiyong’s neck, clinging to him and crying my eyes out with tears of joy.

 

I cried out every word of happiness I could think of. From being grateful to asking how it ever happened. But none of it was answered by Jiyong. He just stood there letting me hug him with everything I have.

 

My awareness came back and is revived again by something. It is either Jiyong rested his hand on my back or it’s the white figure a yard from us that caught my attention.

 

I quickly pulled away from him, awkwardly looking at the ground but then feeling happier than ever. My vision looked passed at Jiyong and back into the white figure under a tree.

 

The figure’s gone and nothing is there but a mere dead tree that used to be alive a few seconds ago.

 

“Is something wrong?” Jiyong turned his head, looking at the direction where I was attending at.

 

“No, nothing.” My voice was low and full of fear.

 

Jiyong didn’t even feel the presence of someone behind him? He’s always been so sensitive and alert about everything but then if ever that’s a mere human being, he would’ve sensed his presence.

 

“Let’s go.” He informed me, lifting me up in his arms and flying to the sky towards nowhere.

 

His arms made me feel secure and protected. It’s the same feeling that Leeteuk gives me whenever he’s around but this time, it’s Jiyong. Even though both feel the same, something is quite different when it comes to Jiyong.

 

I feel alive and contented.

 

I never left my gaze at his face. His fine line of jaw made my heart leap, the fair complexion of his skin glowed along the moonlighted sky. His deep brown eyes twinkled along the beautiful sparks of stars. His well-built body hugged everything in my like the way his eyes do when it captures my soul.

 

His eyes glanced at me for a moment making me flinch and look away instantly.

 

This is like a teenage love—although at this situation, we are married but it feels bunglesome around him.

 

What if I finally knew who he really is? What if there is something more behind that superman suit of his and behind the name Kwon Jiyong?

 

“We’re here.” He stated, slowly putting me down to my feet.

 

I looked around.

 

The same place where I had been the very first time the heroes came to my life—Ji Yul’s lair.

I walked along side by side with Jiyong as we passed through every tunnels and arches in Ji Yul’s lair. Everything turned darker and gloomier. The lair feels like its dead. The wind howled its mournful cries between the pillars as it greeted my arrival. Shiver after shiver ran down my spine seeing the state of the lair where I used to be safe but then the heroes who’re guarding me tries to kill me.

 

The room where Ji Yul used to hide me is as hollow as the universe. It’s empty like Ji Yul’s eyes but something inside the room called me in.

 

My feet slowly walked towards the center of the room. I looked around.

 

The room might be empty but it feels like something fills this room. It’s something invisible that the eye can’t see. The room circled around me, making me feel nauseous and dizzy.

 

Glances of white met my eyes along with old rusty brown and the smell of old vanilla—like an old book.

 

I walked towards the farthest end of the room and saw an empty shelf.

 

“Sandara, let’s go.” Jiyong patted my shoulder. I just nodded and touched the empty bookshelf in front of me.

 

A barrier is preventing me to fully touch the dusts on it. I traced my hand along the outline of the shelf and felt something embossed on one side of this wooden, antique shelf. I looked at Jiyong and he seemed confused to my reaction.

 

“Something’s here.” I informed him, feeling the embossed letters that are touching my skin even more. Jiyong reached out his hand to the side where I am holding, brushing our fingers together and sending down a tingling sensation all over my whole being.

 

I quickly pulled my hand away from the shelf, regretting it as I saw Jiyong looked at me with coldness and blank eyes.

 

“M…Maybe it’s nothing.” My voice croaked on its own. I my heels, passing next to Jiyong with my heart beating rapidly fast and escaping my chest every time I thought about his fingers touching mine. It’s weird that I’ve hugged him, kissed him and brushed my skin with his in the past but this time—in this room, something weird just activated this supernatural feeling.

 

I looked back over my shoulder and saw Jiyong peeling my whole self with his intense stare. My eyes averted from his and looking straight at an empty and dark room lighted with a pair of golden light. My eyes adjusted for a moment before knowing what those lights are, “Sandara!” a sweet voice called out my name with happiness as a figure came rushing towards me. In a split of seconds, I am covered with the smell of berries as a pair of wrinkly yet smooth arms wrapped around my neck.

 

“Seohyun?” I scrutinized her for a moment, making sure that this is no joke I am witnessing.

 

She nodded.

 

“How did you…I mean, Jin Ah killed you, right? Then how are you alive again?” I touched her arm, her face, and finally gripped her hand together making her giggle lowly.

“I’ll leave you two alone.” Jiyong whispered next to me, walking out of the room and leaving me staring at his slowly becoming smaller figure.

 

“That is irrelevant. Sandara, Seohyun heard about you—you will die.” She put on a worried face and her golden eyes started producing drops of sunlight to the floor.

 

I nodded as I wiped the tears from her cheeks.

 

“Seohyun knew this day would come. Seohyun knows a secret.” She winked and turned her back at me, facing the old antique shelf completely. She scooped a droplet of tear from her cheek using her finger and wiped it to the part of the shelf wherein I felt the embossed letters.

 

She gasped happily as the shelf started making rumbling sounds and shaking vigorously for a mere second.

 

 It stopped completely.

 

“What happened?” I asked, looking at the shelf over Seohyun’s shoulder. She shushed at me, grabbing something like an invisible square in the air.

 

“This belongs to master Leeteuk.” She said in a low voice. I noticed that her sentence is now straight and that made me happy the most.

 

“Is this okay to…” Seohyun didn’t let me finished, she grabbed my hand with my palms facing the sky as she placed down something heavy in my hand. I gasped as I tried holding onto that invisible object in my hand.

 

Slowly, an elongated faded black color started forming in the middle of the air in front of me. I stared at it intently as the lines rapidly formed into something like an eye.

 

“It blinked!” I shrieked as I stared at the blue eye in front of me resting itself on an old rusty book.

 

Seohyun nodded with a proud smile on her face. She placed her hand over the eye and like a switch on button; her hand glowed along with the blue eye on the book.

 

Seohyun murmured something that I can barely comprehend and in an instant, the pages of the book started flipping itself to its desired page.

 

“Whoa!” I exclaimed looking at the flipping pages in front of me.

 

The old pages moved in a rapid motion before coming into a complete halt at the end of the page.

 

“This is the book of prophecy. This is where superman’s life is written. Queens Jin Ah and Ji Yul told you about the prophecy, am I right?” Seohyun asked.

 

I nodded and she continued, “This is the last page of this book. It’s up to you to write Jiyong’s life. Sandara is the one who should be written in here and not other people. Sandara should be a part of Jiyong’s life.”

 

“I’m afraid that’ll be impossible, Seohyun.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because…because there isn’t this superpower thing between us. I bet you know about Leeteuk and I becoming as one even though I don’t even know how it ever happened. Between Jiyong and I—there is…there isn’t nothing like that. We aren’t one.” My eyes looked up, trying to held back the tears that are starting to form a big river in me.

 

“Superpower thing?” Seohyun cocked her head to the side.

 

I nodded, “Yeah. Isn’t there a power wherein you will feel the other person’s feeling? That’s what Ice has and I bet he stole it from a powerful mage hero. I want that power too. I want to use that power between Jiyong and I.” I concluded, wiping the tears in the corner of my eyes.

 

Seohyun chuckled and shook her head, “Yes, there is such power but then, like you said, master Leeteuk must have stole it from a hero. Master Leeteuk is very powerful for he has now the power of the six other heroes remarkable in the hero history. The only power he doesn’t have is supermans’. But then, the power you are saying…”

 

Seohyun paused and letting out a sigh as a smile painted on her face, “I think you have that power, Sandara.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------

Maybe Dara is not pure human at all?!