Married to Superman - Chapter Twenty-Five

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

 Chapter XXIV

 

 

 

“Four more days, Dara. Four more days and you have to make a decision. But I’m telling you…” CL gripped my wrist harder making me cringe at the pain. “You need to make a decision before the final day.”

 

She walked vigorously but I can see that she’s tired already. Her breathing became heavy as I was and her sweat trickled down her face with the sign of tremble in every movement she took.

 

“I don’t get you—“

 

“Dara!” she stopped and ragingly faced me. Her eyes are sharp and full fury. She gritted her teeth and shook her head gravely, “Please, don’t act as if you don’t know anything!” her voice raised an octave than her usual sweet voice.

 

CL weakly let go of wrist. My arm limped to my side. Everything around me paused in an instant. My vision turned like ash—everything looks gray along with the pouring rain and the dark, menace clouds. CL exhaled deeply, massaging her temples and looking away from my gaze. My eyes landed at the ground. Drops of water beg the ground for mercy.

 

For the millionth time, the rain became the bridge for the heaven to meet the earth. Selfishly enough, the rain never gave the heaven a chance to receive what the earth wants to say to it. The earth screamed below me. I looked up at the sky with the rain washing down my face.

 

“It’s up there.”

 

I looked at CL who mumbled audibly.

 

She pointed upward. I followed to where she is pointing, “The upper league’s HQ is up there.” She pointed at the dark clouds.

 

At times like this, I want to question her craziness but it seems like I believe her because deep inside me, I could only feel Jiyong’s name being called out by my whole body and soul.

 

“You mean that-“

 

“Yes, the upper league has Jiyong. They are readying him to be a full Superman. A Superman that can silicate the entire universe and the entire human kind.”

 

My eyes narrowed at CL.

 

My mind screamed one word: No.

 

Superman isn’t made to destroy. Superman existed to save mankind. Superman subsists to be a hero not a villain. Superman is—Jiyong.

 

“No.”

 

“Dara-”

 

“No! No! It can’t be! Jiyong isn’t like that! Jiyong won’t do such thing! Jiyong isn’t-” my breathing became heavier with each word I screamed. My tears flowed along with the selfish rain. The mourning sky poured its tears at me, drowning me in devastation and despair.

 

“Superman? Dara, open your eyes! Jiyong is Superman! Jiyong’s a hero that they want to turn into a monster!” CL gripped both my shoulders.

 

I looked at her in horror, unable to respond or react.

I feel void. Hollow.

 

She sighed again, gently resting both of her hands on my cheeks, “Dara, look. You have the book of heroes. It’s one of the solutions. It’s only a page and you need to preserve it wisely. You need to make the right decisions. Now, here…” she grabbed something from her pocket.

 

A golden berry.

 

“That Seohyun gave me this. She told me everything I know that I am informing you. Eat this and you’ll be directly transported to the upper league’s HQ where Jiyong is. Once there, you are on your own, Dara.” She handed me the berry. CL smiled sadly as she pulled me into a tight hug. Our wet clothes made some weird noises along with the splashing rain.

 

“Please make the right decisions. Please trust what you feel. Trust in what you believe in.” she finally said before grabbing my hand with the golden berry grasped by it. I looked at the berry with hesitation.

 

Dara.

 

His voice lingered in my mind. His voice—calling my name—made me build up the courage inside me. I still won’t give up on the thing that I wanted to see the most. I won’t give up on these stupid superheroes.

 

I want to see Jiyong’s smile.

 

In an instant, the sweet, salty taste of the berry flowed down from my tongue to the very end of my esophagus. The gooey ooze that the berry produced made my body feel numb. The churning of my stomach with the berry made my senses sharp.

 

It feels like I am in a different world.

 

It feels like I’m dead.

 

My eyes adjusted to the light that greeted me. One splash of white light brought me back to my senses. I blinked twice to see where I am.

 

The trees surrounded me. The empty pavement waved at me. The closed shops, boutiques and restaurants haunted my imagination with such stuffs.

 

I’m still where I am awhile ago. I am still at the avenue where CL and I stopped.

 

I looked around in me, this time catching every piece of dust around me. Everything looks dull and pale. The world around me seems to have stopped.

 

Everything literally turned into the color of ash.

 

“Jiyong?” I whispered, taking my first step on the gray bricks of pathway. A sudden golden glow on my hand blinded my eyes, making me quickly look away and block my free hand from my other. The glow lasted for quite awhile until I realized that I am holding something.

 

The book of heroes.

 

I flipped through the pages, skimming over words that sent down shiver all over my body. Every story had their own ending—and it’s always the same.

 

The superhero dies, saving the one he/she loves.

 

‘Death. Sacrifice. Pain. Hurt. Emptiness.’

 

Each word that my eyes landed on struck every nerve in me. Every word that means something comes to reality, haunting me as I flip through each page, scanning, scrutinizing, and feeling the dreadful life that the heroes had.

 

Until I end up at the last page.

 

The first paragraph that the mysterious author stated something about this peculiar world.

 

 She entered the cosmos where the reaper is the master and his servants are the angels. She ate the last thing that she needs for her story to finally end the beginning. She entered the world where the decisions are instant. Each word that will be spoken equals to consequences, or worst—death. She is finally in the world where her life will meet the start of death.

 

Shrill after shrill screamed inside me. Every strand of hair in my body felt the nervousness and upcoming death that I will be facing.

 

Everything screamed their ghostly voices in me.

 

“Dara?” a familiar voice called out in front of me. My eyes quickly looked up and met the most fantastic art that mankind will ever see in this hostile world. The disastrous, dried mountains and rivers in me were washed with those deep, velvet eyes of his. The way he looks at me made me feel alive.

 

It seems everything have its own colors again.

 

“What are you doing here?” his fists were clenched to his side. His gritting teeth echoed inside my ear.

 

“I’m here to save you.” My throat felt the tears scurrying its way up to my eyes.

 

“Save me? Dara, just go! You’re making things worst!” For the very first time, I heard the truth and anger inside Jiyong.

 

I just stood there stunned with Jiyong’s hurtful words.

 

The stray tear made its way down on my burning cheeks.

 

My eyes stared at the ground as a crushed smile came along on my face.

 

“I…I see.”

 

He sighed weakly, massaging his temples as he looked away. He faced the empty pavement, avoiding eye contact with me. Same goes for a person like me. I just focused on the casted shadow behind him.

 

A person?

 

My eyes tried to gain the vision of an eagle but it’s no use.

 

I’m just a human.

 

“Jiyong?” a husky and low voice echoed inside this barren world.

 

He turned around to face the person who just called him. He took one last glance at me then turning his attention back to nowhere, “It’s better if you leave now, Dara.”

 

“Jiyong, please…”

 

“Dara, Dara….” The silhouette of the other person slowly approached me, making the anticipation and pain in me rise.

 

She stopped next to him. Her eyes bored into mine with that sly smile of hers stabbing every nerve in me. The way she looks at me seems haunting and annoying but above it all, I am annoyed that I am feeling irritated by her standing close to him.

 

He’s already a star that is a hard to reach and now a cloud stood next to him, completely devouring him away from me.

 

“Jin Ah.” I hissed her name in a low voice.

 

She smiled a smile of slyness and taunting.

 

“Hello. I knew you’ll come here.”

 

“You…you knew?” my voice shivered with the cold breeze.

 

She nodded and showed me something. A round object that is golden.

 

A golden berry.

 

Seohyun.

 

Her name appeared in my mind. I don’t know what game she is playing at me, but I don’t like it. I don’t know whether she is an ally or not.

 

I’m betrayed and now I am being deceived.

 

“Jiyong, please listen to-“

 

“Ah-ah-ah. Didn’t you hear what he just said?” Jin Ah s her arms around his. I looked at Jiyong, begging for him to shove her away.

 

But he didn’t.

 

“Dara, just go.” His voice may be low but it roared inside me like an apocalypse crashing down my whole world.

 

My eyes fell to Jin Ah. The anger, irritation, jealousy and every negative feeling started piling up their castle inside me. I feel a heavy sentiment inside me. All I want to do is lie on the ground and stay there forever—feeling dead and nothing.

 

I want to eternally sleep and not care what’s happening in the world around me.

 

Unfortunately, my wants aren’t fulfilled—same goes as my wanting for Jiyong.

 

“If you’ll excuse us, we still have somewhere to go to.” Jin Ah emphasized the words, stabbing the invisible knife through me.

 

I looked at Jiyong again with pleading in me. My eyes felt hot and heavy. My eyes feel like it’ll burn to ashes.

 

He started walking away with Jin Ah next to him. They look perfect. They look – good together.

 

They even look like they’re meant to be.

 

My lips quivered at the thought of Jiyong leaving. Seeing him walk away at a distance feels like he’s completely walking away from my entire life. It feels like I will never be able to see him again.

 

It feels like my whole world vanquished.

 

My right foot took a step but my other foot refused to follow. I feel like a broken stone, unable to move and useless.

 

“Jiyong!” I called out with the orphan tears escaping the cage in me, “Please…don’t…go” I cried, waiting for his answer.

 

He stopped.

 

He turned around halfway with a smile on his face. His eyes caught mine, “I don’t need you in my life.”

 

 

 

 

---------------------------

Ouch!

He continued leaving my life in pieces.