Married to Superman - Chapter Two

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter II

 

I took a quick glance as I saw his private doctor healing his wounded stomach. There was the mark of the claw. A big one and I could almost see his flesh. It must have hurt because the wound was deep but he’s just keeping a straight face. No hurt emotion at all. I, being worried just gone straight into the trash can.

 

It’s no use. He’s superman. He’s not your typical husband type that needs a massage when he gets home or you need to cuddle with because of the stress at work—no way, Kwon Jiyong is a superhero. He heals himself all alone.

 

“You’ll be good, just manage not to do strenuous exercises.” The doctor looked at me then back to Jiyong. He just nodded. Strenuous exercise? I actually didn’t get what she said but it seems like a complicated idea between a husband and a wife.

 

“Take care of him.” She patted my shoulder and left. How could I take care of him if he doesn’t even want to? That’s a challenge of course but I need to do my best.

 

“Hungry?” I asked hanging my coat on the rack. I actually just arrived at home from school, and he seems to have just arrived at home a few seconds earlier than me too because he’s still in his school uniform.

 

He shook his head and he stood up, heading for the bathroom.

 

“Okay, fine.” I glumly said and went straight to the kitchen to cook for our dinner. I’d rather live with a muted person than to keep up with this guy who could talk but doesn’t want to. He’s weird, really. When it comes to me, he’s so rough but to others—of course, his super manly side shows up.

 

I placed down two plates, two pairs of utensils, a platter of rice and my homemade curry. I’m acting like a real housewife now even though I’m still in high school. Weird. But him? Oh no, he’s not acting all husbandly type. He’ll just went straight to bed after dinner and then while I’m watching television early in the evening, you’ll just see him budging out of his room wearing his superman suit and flies away without any goodbye or clue where he’s going.

 

“Dinner’s ready.” I yelled as I gently knocked on his door. He didn’t reply—and I know that it’s his silent answer for ‘okay’ or ‘in a minute’. I sat grumpily on my chair and stared at the empty chair standing silently across from me. I sighed and thought about how boring this wedded life I have. There’s no love. No thrill. No romance. Just—we’re just like plain strangers at school and at home. I’m not in any class of his and so does he, we don’t eat lunch at school together nor do we go home together. Nope. Nothing like that. It’s as if we don’t know each other—it’s as if we’re just housemates that are completely strangers.

 

I looked up as I felt his presence and movement appearing. He was wearing his suit again. Well, his suit isn’t really the exact replica of the real superman’s suit—but almost the same but different color. His is blue but the logo is black and white. And his cape is grey. Weird combination and I don’t actually know who designed it. “Going somewhere?” I boringly asked as I played with my fork and plate. He nodded in response and opened the door, readily to head out.

 

“Right, bye.” I sighed and before he could shut the door, I saw him glance for a moment at me.

 

I ate in complete silence and all I could hear is the flickering of the broken light bulb in the kitchen. I sighed exasperatedly and grabbed my plate—I took a last glance at his. I wonder when our situation will change. I wonder when he’ll stop being superman for a moment and be Sandara Kwon’s husband. I can’t even call myself as Kwon Sandara. If I could just tell the whole world that I’m a Kwons—superman’s wife, then maybe my life would be better. Just maybe.

 

There was a knock on the door and I quickly rushed to it hoping it’s him. Hoping he’s feeling the guilt.

 

“Hey.” I happily greeted but then my face fell when I saw a pair of old couples smiling lovingly at me.

 

 “Sandara.” The woman with brown hair like mine pulled me into a tight hug.

 

“Mom.” I awkwardly smiled as she let go of me. “Dad.” I smiled at dad who’s in a walker. He smiled at me and asked me how I was. “I’m fine.” I responded. But truly, I am not. I’m dispirited. I feel like a plastic bag—I feel like I’m just Jiyong’s pet that he just taught to live all alone. I don’t feel like his wife at all.

 

“Mom, Dad.” I greeted to Jiyong’s normal parents. That’s right, his parents are completely ordinary—no superpowers, no reputation, no duties. They’re just your typical loving husband and wife. They really love each other and I can see that whenever Hyun Suk, Jiyong’s father, looks at Eun Joo, Jiyong’s mother. It’s a relief to see two old people together—it does just prove that someone can love you with all their life.

 

I let them in and they sat on the couch—complementing our big house. What do you expect in superman’s house? It’s big, luxurious and elegant.

 

“So, where’s Jiyong, my dear?” Eun Joo softly asked. She’s the type that your first impression would be; the cat woman. You’ll think of her as a single old woman living with a bunch of cats and marrying one of his feline friends. But now, Hyun Suk loved him despite of her weirdness.

 

“Same old story.” I shrugged and forced a smile.

 

“We’re sorry. We shouldn’t have dumped him in the toxic waste when he was a baby.” Eun Joo shook her head and grabbed my hand, patting it gently. I looked at Hyun Suk, he gestured that it was just a joke so I forced a laugh to Eun Joo.

 

 “Why are you here anyway?”

 

 “Well, you see Sandara…we’ll get right straight to the point.” My mother nodded at my father.

 

“Before we die—“

 

“Don’t say that!” I protested. I don’t want to hear that word very much.

 

“Sorry dear, but before we get older and older, we want to—well—cuddle with our grandchildren.” My father smiled and so does Hyun Suk and Eun Joo. The four of them looked at me with expectations in their eyes.

 

“B—But—“I cleared my throat, there’s a big lump in there that I can’t get rid of. Seriously, they really went straight to the point. “I’m still in high school!” I smiled awkwardly. This is the hard part when you’re facing a pair of expectant couples. Sometimes I wonder if the four of them always talks about Jiyong and I. about our future and their…their grandchildren.

 

“Now, now. It’s okay if you’re still in high school. You’re married and it’s legal already!” my mother laughed and the other three agreed. I just awkwardly laughed with them but inside my head, I’m imagining stuffs like killing Jiyong when he gets home for leaving me in such a situation.

 

“But mom, dad—and mom and dad…” I’m not allowed to call Hyun Suk and Eun Joo by their names when their presence is presents, “I…I mean, we, haven’t even…well you know.” I cleared my throat once again. My knees weakened. This topic is surely isn’t right for an innocent teenager like me.

 

“?” my mom went straight to the point. This topic is definitely weird. I need a superman right away to help me here. Hello?

 

“Err…Let’s say the right term is we haven’t consummated our marriage yet.”

 

The four of them shook their head and sighed at the same time. This is definitely scripted. “We understand, we understand.” Eun Joo leaned her head on Hyun Suk’s shoulder. My mom hugged dad and they both sympathized each other. This is their way of saying ‘We’ll die without our happiness being fulfilled’. They’ve used this when we were talking about Jiyong and mine’s wedding. And I fell for it.

 

“I—uh…well…” I looked at the door waiting for Jiyong to budge in and help me out.

 

“Oh, for crying out loud! Superman!” I yelled at the top of my lungs hoping that Jiyong is flying by and hears my scream for help. And I was right. In a moment he landed right in front of me with a serious look on his face. Breaking the roof and ceiling once again.

 

“What?” his face was really irritated and pale. I guess flying back and forth around the world is tiring especially when bugs greet you as you fly by them. I put on a fake sweet face and mouthed the terrifying word – parents. His mouth made an O shape getting what I meant so he slowly turned around and faced them.

 

“Good evening.” He formally greeted. Eun Joo and Hyun Suk quickly hugged their child—good term, right? Jiyong just asked them how they were and they went on and on about wanting little kids running around in their living room or asking them for Christmas presents. Jiyong sat beside me with a straight face but I could see that he’s horrified about the idea as I was. We both looked at each other when my parents opened the topic again. I put on an apologetic face and he just frowned.

 

“Mom, dad—you know I’m a busy person and if ever we’ll start a family, they could be in danger. My duty is a hard one and family is on the line when it comes to villains.” Jiyong reasoned out. Why does he have to be the smart one and I am the dumb one? Why does he have to be the superman and I, the stupid woman?

 

“We know that son, but, our life isn’t that long. We’re getting old and our final dream is to have grandchildren.” Hyun Suk made that ‘pity me’ face again. I secretly rolled my eyes and glared at Jiyong. If he doesn’t sort this thing out, I’ll kill him.

 

“She’s still in High school.”

 

“I’ve said that.” I snorted at him, “And you are too.” I implied. It doesn’t mean that just because he’s superman he’s superior at me. No way.

 

“Then you could’ve just lied that we have consummated our marriage already.” He whispered to me with glaring eyes and a threatening voice.

 

“I’m not a liar.” I hissed angrily.

 

“You’ll not lie, You’ll just use your brain once in a while.”

 

 “Well I’m sorry if I’m not as smart as you are who wears their underwear outside their pants, get it? Smarty lingerie.”  I irritatingly sneered at him. Our face was too close enough to show each other’s anger.

 

“Are you two fighting?” we almost forgot that the elders are still here and so we quickly sat properly and I put on a sweet smile, while Jiyong keeps on his straight cool face.

 

“No, ma’am.” I defended and nudged Jiyong on the side.

 

“We’re good.” He said with an unconvincing tone.

 

“Really? Then why are you two sitting far away from each other?” Eun Joo wondered.

 

“Yeah, and why are you two not showing a lovely atmosphere?” now my dad started talking. He and mom can’t put up a lovely atmosphere, and then he’ll tell me to show them that icky atmosphere they want? No way. Jiyong isn’t even the type to be the sweetest, caring, thoughtful, gentle, and loving guy you will meet. He’s dead serious and all he thinks is save the world—duty—and save the world.

 

“You okay, honey?” I shivered all over when Jiyong pronounced the venomous word. I looked at him in horror as he grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his. This is the first time he held my hand. I felt the butterflies in my stomach and the electric power of his running through my veins. I’m getting the weird feeling of being—satisfied. It’s just holding each other’s hand, nothing more. He just wants to show the elders the lovely atmosphere they desire.

 

“Umm, yeah.” I forced a smile at him and then I looked at the elders. They showed this ‘aww’ face like seeing a cute little puppy. I gripped his hand indicating to ask him what in the world he is thinking about. I looked at him with confused eyes but he just shrugged and gestured silently to focus on the elders.

 

“You two are such adorable kids! We’re so right that you two fit each other.” Eun Joo held Hyun Suk’s hand.

 

“Indeed, if only Jiyong isn’t superman then you two would make a loving family!” Hyun Suk added, agreeing to Eun Joo. Their lovey-dovey atmosphere enveloped the house. Gross.

 

“Remember, kids. I want a soccer team of family!” my mom laughed and the four of them agreed that maybe our kids will be superhuman too, like their father, Jiyong.

 

“Y—yeah, hey, it’s getting late. You wouldn’t want to be caught in traffic, right? So, goodnight.” I stood up heading for the door. I opened it and smiled at the elders. They agreed as they looked at the time. They bid Jiyong goodbye and father and Hyun Suk whispered something to Jiyong’s ear that made him look paler than before. It’s a guy thing, I know it. And I wouldn’t want to know what it is about.

 

“Use y crotch less lingerie my dear, men like that.” My mom winked at me and my hands turned cold as ice. All the blood in my face was drained instantly by their advice. I forced a smile while wishing that the ground would just open up below me and devour me instantly.

 

“Goodnight, my dear. Don’t tire him too much.” My dad hugged me and the four of them left with giggles and laughter echoing outside. I closed the door and sighed, catching my breath. That was definitely—awkward. I turned to face the living room when I already saw Jiyong taking off his shirt.

 

“W—waits, what are you doing?”

 

“Taking off my shirt.”

 

“I know that—b—but, don’t take what they said seriously!” my cheeks made a flush of red, I know it because there was mirror hanging on the wall next to me.

 

“What?” he raised his eyebrow at me and looked at me with a ‘you’re a weirdo’ face.

 

I looked at his topless body. I guess being superman is surely hard and full of workouts is needed. I could see his muscles and well built up biceps. His six-pack abs made my knees weaken but then—the one that catches my attention the most is the mark of the claw. It’s slowly fading but I could still see it. I’m the one being hurt.

 

“Does it hurt?” I approached him and little did I know—I was touching his body. I traced the mark of the claw along his abs up to his nape. I noticed him flinched and so did I. 

 

Oh my god.

 

I stepped back quickly and looked into his deep brown eyes.

 

“Sorry.” I awkwardly said, and my cheeks burned real hot—same as my body temperature which is increasing rapidly fast whenever his super manly body flashes inside my mind.

 

“I—uh, I’m going to bed. Dinner is still on the table.” I rushed to my room locking the door behind me.

 

I leaned my back on my door and gasped for all the air I could breathe. What was that about?

 

I quickly jumped to bed and landed flat-faced. I could still picture those y deep brown eyes of his. I must be careful. Just because the elders opened up that topic it doesn’t mean we should do it. No way. We still haven’t dated nor kissed.

 

Holding hands. Check.

 

I rolled over and stared at my ceiling where the glowing universe is. I put it there so that I could relax but it tenses me more. This stupid teenage hormone is the one at fault. I sighed and closed my eyes, counting to ten backwards. But then—all I could picture is his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The one I fell in love the most with.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

C'mon Ji, make love with Dara!