Married to Superman - Chapter Fifteen

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter XV

 

 

Be mine.

 

His words lingered inside my head again and again until I felt like I am too tired to fall asleep. I rolled here, rolled there and back to my old position, watching the moonlight trespass on my window. Falling asleep seems to be a hard task to do at the moment. My mind is so puzzled about everything.

 

Right now, I just want to stare off into space and forget everything that exists in this hostile world, or maybe to the other world wherein Jiyong is and I am not even sure if that world does really occur.

 

I sat up, letting out a gravely sigh as I stare at the dark bluish colors illuminating on my room added with the glint of light coming from the pale round moon.

 

After what Leeteuk said, I simply stood there dumbstruck and couldn’t even utter a single word. My mind was clouded with thoughts, with questions, with jumbled words. But despite all the mixed feelings inside my head and all the roaring noise I invisibly hear, all I could picture out is his face; his serious and emotionless face, his sweet and angelic face, his princely face that for me is a— treasure. The dominant word in my jumbled word search book mind inside me is simply—Jiyong.

 

It’s kind of harsh thinking that I care about him so much, I think of him every minute in every hour, I picture us a happy life but in exchange of this obsession thinking of mine—is waiting for nothing. It’s like

I’m waiting for a bus in a train station, I’m waiting for an apple to grow in a banana tree, I’m waiting for February to have a 30th, I’m waiting for Jiyong to simply love me.

 

Having this sentiment towards Jiyong seems to be a big issue for me, right? But a sprinkle to that ice cream is my problem of how on earth did Mrs. Bocher and the students knew about me being married. I know it’s no big deal yet since Ice saved me—again. But the big deal here is he claimed himself to be my husband and now they will think I have been pregnant for I married at such a terribly young age.

 

With these thoughts of mine, I can’t help but grab my phone and speed dialed her number. It rang a few times because I am witless enough to call CL early at dawn.

 

“Hello?” her voice was husky and low.

 

I rubbed the back of my neck as the goosebumps started forming, “I’m sorry to wake you up, it’s me, Dara.”

 

CL answered me with a grunt and a yawn added with a lecture about how good I am for a friend calling her two A.M. in the morning.

 

“Here’s the thing –uh—you know about me being married to Jiyong and I, on the other hand, also know that you’re the only one at school who knows about this. So, what happened earlier…I meant, well, it’s kind of—“I’m starting to mumble and be anxious whenever I confront these kinds of things with a friend.

 

“Whoa, wait. Are you accusing me?” now this is the part that I feared the most. CL’s voice was raising a tone a little thereby indicating she is starting get frantic.

 

Yes, I am a coward in terms of clearing things out. I admit it.

 

“It’s not that I am accusing you or such. It’s just…”

 

“Dara, I wouldn’t do such a thing to you! You know you are my friend and I can’t just spill the truth about you being ty and marrying at such a young age!”

 

Wow. I simply didn’t see that coming.

 

“What did you just say? Look here, missy. Not because I married at the age of eighteen doesn’t mean that I am a . I think the other one here who is hanging out with a jock and letting him stick his tongue on is the one who is ually promiscuous.” I yelled at the phone feeling mentally deranged with all the things happening in my hectic life.

 

Of all things you could say, never ever call me names or else, even I could kill Jiyong. But the thing is I already killed him. Now my mind is boggling me with Jiyong only.

 

“So, that’s how it is.” CL’s voice became lower and unrecognizable.

 

I sat there listening to the deafening silence that CL and I made. I have pride too so I wouldn’t be the one to break the silence. Thinking about what just happened is enough to prove that she is really guilty about the whole thing. If she really told it, then why would she do it? CL and I didn’t fight or such. Why would she backfire at me?

 

The silence between us was caught off by the dead tone beeping again and again. I let out a tired sigh as I hung up too, lying my head on the soft pillow.

 

“You okay?” the voice coming next to me made me yelp in an instant. By my reaction, I quickly jumped off my bed and scurried to the wall, resting my back on it as I caught my breath and not leaving my gaze on the one who talked. A silhouette was reflected on my bed, sitting in a proper position as if it is royalty or something. It has the shape of a person but I can’t determine whether it’s a boy or a girl for there are spikes on the lateral ends of its middle part of the face. Its eyes glowed like pixie dusts scattered on a velvet plain of golden wheat.

 

“Who are you?” my voice croaked as I asked for its identity. My heart at the moment is beating fast because of the surprise that is quite unpleasant. I don’t like surprises at all

 

It stood up and walked towards me. Each step it took made my anticipation rise rapidly. Its foot started touching the cast of moonlight that the pearly moon reflected through the window. Then the other foot came and its full appearance flashed before me.

 

My heart leaped with happiness as a smile unknowingly flashed on my face.

 

“Seohyun!” I leaped at her, enveloping her in my hands as she hugged me back with delight. I missed her so much. After I left Ji Yul’s lair I was informed that she cried her eyes out to the extent that the Bum she liked comforted her who is sweet if I would think about it.

 

We pulled away from each other. Her golden eyes made me feel enlightened after what happened between CL and I. “What are you doing here?” I asked as she fixed her yellow dress.

 

“Seohyun can’t stay long. Seohyun came from Ji Yul’s twin lair.” I’m glad that her verbal is quite straight in a way unlike the last time I talked to her which is months already but on the human world it’s only a night.

 

“Wait a minute! Then that means that Ji Yul and Jin Ajh’s lair does exist! And that means that…” I trailed off as a smile flashed on my face. Jiyong really did confess to me and that is more than enough even though a part of me believes that his words weren’t true.

 

“Yes, yes. True, true. Seohyun can’t stay long, she will find me. Seohyun came here to tell you that Jiyong…alive and looks for you.” Seohyun’s arrival here made me happy but what she said brought the Christmas joy in me.

 

I hugged her so tight that she even pretended to choke, making me giggle as tears started flowing down my eyes. Happiness just can’t define what I am feeling. I am glad he is alive and what more, if ever it’s true, he is looking for me.

 

Seohyun patted my back and after we pulled away from each other, her wrinkly soft hands wiped the tears away from my burning hot cheeks. I let out a chuckle when Jiyong’s face flashed in my mind.

 

“Wait, you said ‘she will find you’. Who is she you are referring to?” I lately asked about the girl she is referring to. Seohyun shook her head and clasped my hands between her cold ones. She smiled a sweet, gentle smile before disappearing into a golden dust.

 

“Dara?” a voice called out from the outside of my room. I jumped to my feet and hurried to open my door, every step I took was equivalent to every hope that is rising inside me. I want to see him so badly. I want to hug him so tight even though it chokes the breath out of him.

 

I opened my door with a smile.

 

But the smile faded away.

 

He smiled at me as he pulled me into a tight hug. “Are you okay? I felt for a moment that you were sad but then you became happy after quite some time. What happened?” Leeteuk’s warm body hugged before me. His biceps hugged my everything until my very soul.

 

I guess it is true that Leeteuk can feel what I feel and I am the same for his.

 

Right this very minute, a part of literally feels relief and contentment. Maybe that’s what Ice is feeling at the moment. He does really care for me and I am happy for that but I wonder if he feels that I long for Jiyong, I desire for someone else.

 

I slowly pulled away from him and forced a smile. I looked at him and his eyes were back to the half-normal appearance. I shifted uncomfortably as I started to say what happened between CL and me but I didn’t mention the thing about Jiyong. I also skipped the part that a Bum visited me.

 

“I see. It will clear off soon enough.” He ensured as he my cheek gently, sending down chills all over my body.

 

I just nodded and put on a fake relief smile. “How do you know that it’ll be all right?” I added slowly taking a step back, avoiding any contact with Leeteuk anymore. It’s enough that I knew Jiyong is alive and I don’t want to hurt him—or if he could really be hurt if he knew that Leeteuk claimed me as his wife.

 

“I’ll take care of it for you.” He simply said, grabbing my arm and hugging me again. I let out a deep sigh as my hands forcedly wrapped it around him, probably thanking him to whatever he will do.

 

I am glad that Leeteuk is always there to save me and to help but it feels like it isn’t right.

 

The moonlight was replaced by the blinding sunshine. You know that magical memory in your childhood when you fell asleep at the sofa and magically wake up on bed? That’s what somehow happened to me. I just fell asleep in Leeteuk’s arms and I woke up on my bed, smelling the sweet scent of the morning dew. I stretched my arms over my head as I heard my mother’s voice from the kitchen.

 

Honestly, I am expecting to hear Jiyong’s voice in the morning like the beautiful chirps of the blue birds, but I guess he still isn’t back after being dead and coming to life again.

 

The usual morning started—well—normal. I ate breakfast with my parents who seem to be unaware of Jiyong’s whereabouts. They keep on insisting that he already went to school at five in the morning which is quite odd. I don’t know what happened to them but I have this feeling that I was really gone for a month and that something is just preventing my parents and the people around me to see that.

 

“Or, he is probably flying out there saving the day.” My mother finalized her long theory. I just nodded, unconvinced, before taking off for school. Jiyong always saves the day for the human kind but why can’t he save my heart from being broken?

 

Ugh. Mushy thoughts are conquering me again.

 

My mind came back to reality once I arrived at the school grounds.

 

All eyes on me.

 

I really thought that they didn’t care about the ‘marriage’ thingy of mine but right now, I am the talk of the town. I hid my face with my hair hanging on the side as I walked awkwardly along the corridor. Some students just looked at me as if removing my clothing and seeking something inside me.

 

This is definitely uncomfortable.

 

After eternal avoiding of glances, I finally arrived at my locker, readily to start my long day again. CL saw me and we just both averted eyes. Great.

 

Last night I just felt like lost a friend at two in the morning and right now I have confirmed that I really lost her.

 

“I heard you’re married.” A voice stated behind me. Just what I need in the morning, another teasing and pointing out the rumor slash true fact about my life. I let out an exasperated sigh as I turned around to confront a person who is messing with me early in the morning.

 

I stopped.

 

Everything around me stopped in an instant. His deep brown eyes greeted my very soul. His presence tickled my heart with thousands of feathers making it jump and vibrate with happiness. It suddenly feels like a ghost appeared in front of me, making me see the other world of his. The jolt of tingles rushed back to me and the sugar rush enveloped my whole being.

 

His name escaped my lips. My arms wanted to snake themselves around him and never let go. My whole body itched for him.

 

I put on a smile as I finally see him. The one who was once dead came alive. The one who I killed is right in front of me now, looking at me as if he’s seeing something he’s never seen in his entire life before.

 

“Jiyong.” I mumbled his name as I looked at the distance between us, close enough to touch.

 

I hugged my world, my life, my everything— not wanting to let him go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------

He's back!