Married to Superman - Chapter Twenty-Nine

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter XXIX

 

 

“Which one do you prefer? Vanilla or chocolate?” the lady that has a face of a squished pug asked in an enthusiastic tone. She’s holding a black record notebook and a swirly pen that you can bend without sacrificing its life or anything.

 

“How about ‘Death’ flavor? Do you have one?” CL sarcastically asked the lady. The wedding planner’s face fell down as she shook her head and answered ‘No’ in an irritated voice.

 

“I’m sorry. Can we fix this later?” I asked gravely, feeling weary and exhausted eight in the morning. The wedding planner nodded, excusing herself and giving CL one last glare.

 

CL patted my back and sighed, sulking her head on both of her arms that are resting on the table. “Why Dara? Why did you agreed to such madness?” she dramatically cried, “This is not a wedding! This is a funeral!” she added as she moaned and cried over my decision.

 

I sighed and shook my head, closing my eyes and calming myself down. I need to smile today. I need to show him that I accept his offer whole-heartedly.

 

“I can’t back down.” I informed her for the nth time.

 

“I know! And this is your last day.” She sat properly as she caressed my hair, “If I were you, I would rather die than to be married to the person whom I don’t love. Besides, it’s the same as dying.” She sighed with me as we both stared at the wedding gown lying on the bed that looked like a pastry.

 

“This is your decision, huh?” she whispered with a sympathetic tone on her voice.

 

I nodded, feeling the pity for myself.

 

“It’s the only way to save Jiyong.” I closed my eyes and the flash of Jiyong’s face came into me. I wonder how he is doing. I wonder if he’s thinking of me. I wonder if he knows that I am turning my back at him and completely sacrificing my happiness for him. I wonder if—he’s still alive.

 

CL stood up and walked towards the bed, “You know you can back down from all of this folly.”

 

“I can’t. If I did that, Jiyong’s life will be in danger, and so is yours. Probably Leeteuk’s too.” I looked at my hands that are resting on my lap. It started to tremble as I heard the ebony clock ring its bell. Only a few more minutes before I tie my life forever to a person who’s always been there for me, who’s always been so kind and who’s always been my savior but in the end—I still feel nothing for him.

 

“Unrequited love, eh?” CL sadly smiled, “Tell me what you think about Jiyong? About him always being cold towards you and acting as if he doesn’t care?”

 

Her sad smile greeted me as my eyes widened at her, “Acting as if he doesn’t care? What do you mean?”

 

“Answer my question first.” She insisted.

 

I looked down at the floor and thought about it for a moment. At times, his emotions are readable but more often; he’s mysterious and hard to crack.

 

Even though he’s so close to me whenever we’re at home— I feel like, he’s still so far.

 

“I think,” I paused. The heat inside my throat came rushing to my eyes, making the tears build their army, “He’s a coward.” I clenched my fist.

 

All this time, I am the one who’s sacrificing. I am the one who’s being the martyr. I am the one who’s losing the happiness and life that I’ve always desired. I committed myself to him and yet he treats me as if he doesn’t care, “That’s right. I’m nothing to him.” I sadly smiled and that’s when the tears came rushing down my face.

 

“I see.” CL nodded and closed her eyes. “You know, Dara, I have no right to say this but I will say it anyway,” she smiled at me as she opened her eyes, “You’re stupid.”

 

“CL, are we going to fight again?” I wiped the tears that flowed down my cheeks.

 

“A true friend tells you what your flaw is, right? So, here I am acting as a true friend.” She sat down next to me and crossed her leg over the other, “All those time, Dara. All those times that Jiyong ignored you, yelled at you, pushed you away from his life and even told you you’re nothing, those are the times that he cares most for you.”

 

“That’s stupid. If he cares, he wouldn’t hurt my feelings.” I cried once more, releasing all the pain inside me.

 

“True. But have you considered his feelings too?”

 

I looked at CL with confusion in me. I never thought about it before. All this time I’ve been acting like crazy over him. I’ve been making decisions selfishly for myself.

 

“You think he married you without a reason? You think he’d sacrificed his life twice by kissing you without any intention? Do you think that Jiyong loved you without sacrificing himself?”

 

I ran out of words. My throat felt dry even though the tears kept kissing my lips.

 

“Think about it, Dara. He has done all those things for you. He’s hurting himself just to protect you.”

 

I looked at my feet and tried to digest everything she said. Everything just came rushing towards me, “I—I’m confused.”

 

“She’s right.” His voice echoed inside the room. He’s wearing a white long-sleeved formal dress shirt with a matching Prussian blue neck tie that matches his fake eyes.

 

The only thing that I managed to say was Leeteuk’s name.

 

“You’re worthy to be protected, Dara. The first time you made that promise, I had the desire in me to protect you too.” Leeteuk looked up at the ceiling with a weak smile on his face. It’s not his usual cheery smile. This time, it’s somehow like a lonely smile.

 

“Promise?” my voice shrunk. I looked at CL and she just shrugged too, not knowing the answer to my unspoken question.

 

“’For your sister…I promise I will bring you Superman.’ That’s what you said that captivated me to you.” Leeteuk landed his eyes at me. His sad eyes struck something in me. Those eyes that used to be swelling with tears, those eyes that seek for someone to fulfill his promise, and those eyes that made me make that promise.

 

I covered my mouth with my hand, “Y—you were that boy? The boy that I promised to-“

 

He nodded, not letting me finish.

 

“Ah, that was the first time we met. Unfortunately, I was at my developing stage back then.” He chuckled lowly, ruffling his hair a little, “I thought that you will see me as a crazy kid back then. Actually, that’s just my decoy. I used that scheme to get Jiyong and kill him. I thought that you’re going to abandon your promise to a little kid but,” he walked towards me, resting his smooth hand on my cheek, “You came back and fulfilled your promise.”

 

“You mean, the little boy that Dara made a promise was you?” CL’s voice trembled. She gasped and looked at me with horror on her face.

 

“I pretended to be a little boy. I told you, it’s a decoy to trap Superman. But it seems that I was the one that got trapped by you, Dara.”

 

Leeteuk smiled and leaned down, resting his forehead to mine, “Thank you.” He whispered and smiled at me. His eyes slowly turned back into its original colors. Half-green and half-blue.

 

He stood up and planted his hands in his pockets. He looked down at me with a smile on his face. “This is the last day that the upper league gave you. I want to save you but it seems that,” he paused and shook his head, “someone else is meant to be your hero.”

 

“This gown is possessed by the upper league’s power.” Leeteuk’s eyes darted towards the wedding gown lying on the bed, “My bad.” He mumbled as he walked towards the bed and lifted the gown in the air, “I forgot to make you and Jiyong sign the divorce papers.” He smiled one last time at me before he ignited his hand with fire, burning the wedding gown in a beautiful red and orange hue.

 

“Leeteuk!” I gasped and tried to stand up but CL stopped me.

 

She shook her head and smiled, “Give him the right to make the decision.”

 

I watched with my throbbing heart as the fire on Leeteuk’s hand devoured the beautiful white gown. Somehow, I felt sad but then CL’s right—this time, it is Leeteuk’s decision.

 

“Now,” Leeteuk turned to face me as he let the ashes from his hand drop one by one to the floor, “A villain can never be a hero, right?”

 

I don’t know whatever came to me but it feels like the happiness in me is suddenly growing. It’s shining with such luster that I can’t help it anymore.

 

I ran towards Leeteuk and pulled him into a tight hug, “Thank you.” For the very first time, the tears came flowing down my eyes wasn’t from pain—this time, it’s from the joy coming from my heart.

 

Leeteuk wrapped his hands around me, pulling me into me tighter as if he doesn’t want to let go, “Dara, always remember that I love you.”

 

I nodded and smiled, “Thank you.” These two mere words are the only thing that I can verbalize at the moment. I can’t explain further whatever I am feeling but it feels like I am alive again.

 

“I was afraid you would say that.” He mumbled, laughing with a sad tone in his voice.

 

I pulled away and looked at him with puzzle in me.

 

He shook his head and smiled, “I love you but it seems it’s not enough.” He rested his hand on my cheek one last time as he wiped the falling tear away from my cheek, “Your Superman is waiting for you.”

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

Awww! "Your Superman is waiting for you" :D