Married to Superman - Chapter Seventeen

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

Note: Hey Guys! I might not be able to update until Monday! Mianhe!

---------------------------

 

Chapter XVII

 

 

 

“What are you doing?” I dropped my bag as my eyes laid on a man sitting on my couch. He looked up for a moment before turning his attention back on the newspaper he’s reading. I grunted furiously, marching towards him and grabbing the newspaper he’s reading.

 

“Rude.” He simply said, fixing his eyeglasses and looking up at me. After what happened at school earlier, I am fortunate enough that I wasn’t sent to detention. The whole hours in class was tense as Jin Ah sat next to me who continuously glares at me for causing her hair to be burned which is I don’t know how it ever happened. It was like something possessed me—something inhuman, something powerful and supernatural.

 

He stood up, towering above me as he leaned closer, making my whole body stiffen as his eyes locked with mine.

 

“W…What are you doing here?” my voice casted nervousness.

 

“This is my house. I have the right to be here.” He leaned closer making me close my eyes hard. His breath tickled down my cheeks as his presence sent down signals down my spine. My whole body shivered as if I am reading a ghost story or I am watching a horror flick.

 

“Do you mind?” he mumbled, making me open my eyes as he grabbed the newspaper from my hand. I exhaled deeply as he pulled away, sitting again on the couch comfortably.

 

I still don’t know how it ever happened that Jiyong just announced to the whole school that he is married to Jin Ah which made my heart sank. He’s supposed to be committed to me and not to his first love. Leeteuk, on the other hand, also claims that he is my husband therefore flipping the tables.

 

Now our situation is full of lies. I am married to Jiyong and yet the whole world now knows that he is married to Jin Ah. Leeteuk is now known to be my husband and it is a complete lie.

 

All of these give me a headache.

 

I gulped down everything I have. My pride, dignity and saliva. I looked at Jiyong who is silently reading the newspaper again about superman, which is him, saving the day.

 

“Why did you do that?” the words came out in a jiff. Something just pushed the words out of my mouth as I tried to hold back my tears when the events earlier at school came to life again inside my mind.

 

“Did what?” he asked, not even bothering to look up at me.

 

“Why did you say that Jin Ah is your wife? Why to the whole school?” my fists clenched, fighting the tears harder inside me.

 

He sighed and shook his head. He folded the newspaper neatly before placing it down on the side table.

 

“Why, you ask? It’s simple. You said you are married to Leeteuk, so I claimed that I am married to somebody else too.”

 

I flinched. Jiyong’s eyes suddenly became cold and hollow. His words were full of something that I can’t comprehend. He suddenly became a person I didn’t know—or maybe, I really never knew him from the start.

 

“What? That’s insane! I never wanted to be married to somebody else!” a stray tear escaped my eye. My vision now is suddenly blurry and my eyes became hot.

This is like a typical fight between husband and wife except the fact that Jiyong is superman and he is surrounded by goddesses whom he could’ve married, like Jin Ah.

 

Jiyong didn’t remove his gaze from me nor did he utter any word. I sighed with my shoulder shaking.

 

My eyes wandered off, trying to cool down the tears flowing from it. This is plainly insane. I am such a crybaby when it comes to Jiyong. This is simply a terrible life and yet I welcome every circumstances happening between us with open arms. How I wish our situation would change soon.

 

“So do I.” he mumbled, making me look at him. “I never wanted to be married to anybody else, except you.” His voice was clearer and louder as he stated the words that made my heart leap.

 

I looked at him as if he is an amazing gift that popped out from nowhere, surprising me out of the blue. My lips just trembled, trying to find the right words in my blank mind.

 

“Then why did you…” I trailed off as Jiyong took a step closer to me, leaving just a mere distance between us.

 

I looked up at him and those warm, mesmerizing eyes of him caught me into a deep trance again. These eyes of his are the reason why I married him the most. These eyes of his made me fall for him the very first time I saw him. These eyes of his make me want to own them—just for me and not for anybody else.

 

“I did it to save you.”

 

He clasped my cheeks with his soft hands.

 

“To save me? Jiyong, if losing you means saving me, I’d rather die to whatever villains are after me! This is stupid! I am just an ordinary girl wanting a happy life and yet I am supposed to be saved? By what?” my voice roused and echoed inside the room as the traitorous tears came rushing down my cheeks.

 

“Dara, you need to be saved from Me.” his voice was low, almost a whisper.

 

He slowly removed his hand from my cheeks. He took a step back and shook his head, exasperatedly.

 

My knees suddenly felt week as if my joints were being tickled by millions of bubbles. Every bit of the flow of blood inside me came rushing inside my ear. My face turned cold as if I am dead.

 

My eyes didn’t left Jiyong’s face.

 

He is superman. The superhero that saves mankind from evils and villains. He is a superhero who can do anything. He can save anyone. He can save a life. But then, why does it seem like I am in trouble when I am with him?

 

“You’ll only die if you stay longer with Me.” his eyes suddenly showed sadness that struck the pain inside me.

 

“Then why did you marry me if that is the case?” I couldn’t hold back much longer. My insides started breaking down. It is as if my lungs were being pressed by a large hand, making me unable to breathe. And my heart feels like it’s surrounded by rose thorns.

 

He sighed heavily then he returned his focus on me. “You do know that the superman in comics have their own kryptonite, right?” he asked, as if changing the topic.

 

I just nodded even though I am feeling ambiguous.

 

He sighed again as if he can’t find the right words to express what he truly meant. He grabbed my shoulder and pulled into a tight hug, sending down bubbles in my stomach as if I ate something weird. His divine scent tickled my nose, making my insides feel warm and comfort. I never imagined that being embraced by

Jiyong once again could feel so magical and amazing even though a part of me is still confused about his feelings towards me.

 

“Dara, you are my weakness. You are my kryptonite. That’s why I married you. I married my weakness so that you can also be my strength.” His words were confusing but then and there, I know, those words were full of truth and they weren’t empty anymore. They were filled with care.

 

This is the first time that I fully understood what Jiyong really meant. What he really felt.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------

what the?!