Married to Superman - Chapter Thirteen

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

dedicated to the following readers: vip1228, sujubeun_girl, applebun_18, amership

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter XIII

 

 

The morning sunshine blinded my eyes as the sound of frying oil became my alarm clock. I sat up, adjusting my vision and looking around where I was. Last night was just tiring. After what Ice said, I don’t know what happened next. All I know is I was calling out Jiyong’s name but then, I didn’t get any response.

 

Once my vision adjusted, I confirmed where I am—my room.

 

I stretched my arms over my head before getting off my bed and putting on my squeaky bedroom slippers. I’m fretfully tired and I still need to prepare for school. I wonder how long I’ve been gone. It must be a month or so because I took quite a lot of time in Ji Yul’s lair while thankfully, I only stayed a few days in Jin Ah’s.

 

The smell of eggs and the sound of clattering plates put on a smile on my face. Jiyong is home and he is probably cooking breakfast. I quickly raided my bathroom, doing the usual ritual of a human being inside the bath. After I’m done and feeling so refreshed, I put on a white tank top and a pair of jeans before rushing outside, readily to greet my husband a great morning.

 

“Good morning, sweetheart.” A man greeted me, making me stop on my feet. All my hopes went out of the pipe and all I want to do is ask the silent questions in my mind. I looked at my father who is happily cooking breakfast; my mother on the other hand is reading a newspaper as she sat at the dining area.

 

“Good morning.” I greeted glumly, taking my seat and staring at the empty plate in front of me.

 

“Ready for school?” My mom sweetly asked. Now they are treating me like a twelve-year-old kid. I nodded and forced a smile on my two loving parents. Dad placed some eggs and bacons on my plate. I thanked him with a smile before poking my food with a fork.

 

My father settled his food and we all sat in silence. I looked up at both of them and they are just doing their usual stuff in my house. I cleared my throat and decided to open up the conversation and clear my confusion, “So uh, aren’t you going to ask where I have been?”

 

My mom looked up at me, followed by my father who is drinking his cup of hot chocolate. “What do you mean, Dara? Did you go somewhere last night after school?” my father also gave me that confused look. I slowly placed down my fork, not leaving my gaze on both of my parents. What are they talking about?

 

“What? Mom, I’ve been gone for almost a month!” I informed them, trying to put on a convincing tone. This is definitely weird.

 

“Sweetie, are you feeling alright? What do you mean? Yesterday and the day before that, you were here! You even almost burned your whole school while frying fish, right?” my mom looked at dad and he just nodded, agreeing on her. That frying the fish thing was the result why I got into Ji Yul’s lair, and it’s been a month after that happened.

 

My parents aren’t even aware that I was gone? Or maybe, I wasn’t really gone?

 

“Mom, that was last month!” I insisted, standing up and heading to the living room switching the television on.

 

The bald guy of the morning talk show greeted me with his usual boring tone. I waited for whatever news he will tell or maybe some month or time check. I am certain that I’ve been gone for so long.

 

“Kids are now roaming around the streets, greeting trick or treat as the middle of November commence. Be careful for this month is full of spooky ghost and witches—“ I turned off the TV, not letting the newscaster finish. It’s still November?

 

I slumped down on a chair with my hands trembling vigorously. My parents are telling the truth. It’s not yet a month. It’s just a day but then, why does it seem like everything is wrong? Why is it that everything around me is being manipulated by something?

 

“Sandara, are you sure you are okay? Do you want to skip school today?” my mom patted my shoulder as she sat next to me. I looked at her with wide eyes.

 

“Wait, what are you doing here? And how did you came in?” I stood up, looking down at my mother who looks almost like me. My parents don’t have any spare key to our house and I don’t remember letting them in here.

 

She gave me a confused expression before sighing and shaking her head, “Of course Jiyong let us in.”

 

Her words struck me. My knees weakened as goose bumps ran all over my body, tickling every part of my skin. I opened my mouth but no words came out.

 

“Jiyong let you in? W…Where is he?” I looked around, hoping to see any of his part. His shadow, his hair, his skin, his beautiful eyes—anything. I just want to see him right away. My mind became cloudy as I searched every room inside our house. My anticipation increased but also, with every door I close, my hope is rapidly decreasing.

 

My mom approached me and rested her soft hands on my shoulder, “Sandara, is something wrong? Why are you so pale? Jiyong is fine, he is at school already.” Before my mom could add another motherly care and advice, I quickly grabbed my backpack and hurried outside, stopping a taxi even though it almost hit me and commanding the driver to quickly drive me to school.

 

There is something really wrong about everything. I need to know but first, I want to see Jiyong.

 

The taxi stopped in front of our school and I quickly paid the driver, not caring about my change. I shoved the people who were on my way as I quickly went to nowhere. I don’t know where he is but I’ll let my instincts do the work. I’ve been here and there but still, no sign of Jiyong. My mind just pictured his face and my eyes wanted to spot him right away. Every step I took makes me so desperate of wanting to find him—wanting to know if he is okay or if he is alive. I want to hug him tight and never let him go.

 

“Sandara.” A voice called me from behind. I jumped to my feet and quickly faced the person, having hopes that it is him. The person quickly pulled me into a tight hug and whispering my name over and over again. I just stood there dumbstruck as CL shrieked and screamed about how a jock asked her out..

 

I frowned and sighed exasperatedly, catching back my breath and energy after endless of running and ending up not finding the one I desire.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” CL asked as she walked by my side, craning her head to the side as she looked at me. I exhaled deeply, shaking my head and forcing a smile. This is definitely weird. CL didn’t even notice that I was gone for a month. But maybe my parents are right. I didn’t go missing for a month. That month is just an hours of sleep in one night.

 

But my mind keeps bugging me. I’ll drop the month problem thingy but I can’t drop off what happened to Jiyong. Maybe everything is just a mere dream? Maybe Ji Yul, Ice, Jin Ah and the Hetler’s aren’t real? Maybe Jiyong is really alive. Maybe…Jiyong didn’t really confess to me.

 

“Sandara, are you alright? You look so pale!” CL touched my forehead and she gasped, looking at me with wide eyes. I exchanged wide glances at her, “You’re so hot!” she exclaimed, making the other students look at us.

 

“Thank you for the compliment.” I said and sighed, looking straight back at we were walking. CL grunted, grabbing my shoulders and facing me to her. “I mean literally hot! Aren’t you feeling unwell? It seems like you’re already 273 Celsius hot!” she’s exaggerating a bit.

 

I scowled at her and slowly removed her hands, making her yelp as I touched them. I looked at her in confusion, “What is wrong with you?” raising an eyebrow at her, she scowled.

 

“You burned me! Sandara, at that rate you could be dead already! Even just a sheer touch of you caused this!” CL showed me her hand where I touched her. A burn mark was imprinted on her skin. My eyes widened at her hand before I shifted my eyes to CL’s face.

 

What in the world is happening?

 

I quickly grabbed CL’s hand, making her shriek again. I smiled at her apologetically before gesturing my head to her to come with me. She followed me obediently as we rushed to the girl’s bathroom. Something is weird happening to me and I need explanations.

 

My hands were touched by the cold sensation of the flowing water from the faucet. CL stood next to me as she just scrutinized my whole being. I growled furiously as my hands became hotter with every water that touches me.

 

“Ugh! What in the world is happening to me?” I turned to face CL and she just raised her hands in front of her in defense. I grunted furiously before looking at myself in the mirror. In a sudden blink of an eye, Leeteuk was next to me in the mirror. He gave me that sweet smile of his as he reached his hand to me. I looked at my side, leaving my focus on the mirror but there was no sign of Leeteuk anywhere.

 

“Sandara, is something wrong? It’s like you’ve seen something odd.” I looked at CL who’s becoming worried about me. I shook my head and plastered on a forced smile.

 

“Let’s just go back to class.” I offered and she nodded, agreeing with my decision. Taking a last glance at the mirror, all I could see is my reflection next to Jiyong’s.

 

The whole burning thing of my hands didn’t come out of my mind the entire day. Even when I got home, I just looked at my hand that is now backing to its normal temperature. I sighed deeply as I turned the knob of the door, being greeted by entire darkness of the house.

 

“Jiyong?” I called out his name with the desire to see him and feel the greeting of my husband.

 

The crickets just chirped, silence yelled at me as I walked further deep inside the house. I switched on the lights and looked at our big hollow house. The house is already empty and now, it’s even voided without Jiyong around. Everything I do seem to be useless without him. Eating dinner alone, I know I’m used to it since Jiyong was always away saving the world—but this time—it is different.

 

To my unconsciousness, I prepared two plates. One for me and the other is for Jiyong. My mind yelled at me, reminding me that Jiyong isn’t here. But how come my mother said he was at school and yet I didn’t see him? I even checked the newspaper and television but there is no today’s news about superman saving the day—no news about Jiyong.

 

After eating dinner alone, I took a quick hot bath. My thoughts were being bugged by Jiyong. I wonder if he really is still here—or maybe he’s filling his satisfaction and affection with Jin Ah. Great. Now I am being a worried house-student-wife. I can’t even live a single second without thinking of him. He’s my addiction from the very start and now as her wife—he is my obsession. He is the drug that I can’t live without.

 

I shook my head and tried to hum some distracting songs. I tried to picture a happy wonderland but it always shifts to Jiyong’s face. Giving up from trying hard getting Jiyong off my head, I got out of the tub and wrapped a towel around my body. I exited the bathroom and went straight to my bedroom, laying my back on the humongous bed in my room. This luxury is useless without Jiyong. This big bed of mine would be smaller if ever Jiyong would sleep next to me—but he never did. This house will be warm and cozy if ever he’ll treat me as his wife more, but I give up.

 

I walked towards the big French window, opening it leads me to the veranda outside my room. The cold breeze kissed my entire body sending down goose bumps all over me and shivers to my skin. The silver moonlight served me a cold glare as the stars glistened in the velvet sky.

 

“Look here you stupid wind and sky. The reason why I am talking to you is that I am alone and I can’t talk to the man with the reason why of my existence. I am so tired of waiting for nothing. I am tired of breathing the air that only Jiyong can have. I am tired of loving someone who can’t even…care for me.” I stopped and felt the tears running down my cheeks. I am so stupid.

 

“He confessed to me, you get it!? But even so—his words that time were empty! Why am I so foolish enough to believe that a superman could really love a stupid woman like me!? Why did I believe his words? You know why?” I yelled at the moon, “Because…because I’m foolish to love him. I’m foolish and stupid and a…a jerk to call out his name even though I know he can’t hear me. I’m stupid enough to hold unto nothing.” The traitorous tears started pouring down like rainfall on a storm inside my heart. Every tear flowed through my cheek was equivalent to every pain that I can’t express through words.

 

I stared back at the moon and sighed with the fresh tears hugging me. I went back inside and leaving the window open for I am too tired enough to call his name every time he is silent.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------

Hmmm. What will happen next?!