Married to Superman - Chapter Nine

Married to Superman

Please be advice that the story is not mine and I already ASK for permission to post it. Please visit her website at http://wattpad.com/thedispirit - the author of this story is thedispirit.

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter IX

 

 

 

I grudgingly looked at the bouquet of roses on my hand. Each petal laughed at me trying to taunt me to kill them, but it’s a waste if I’ll just throw them in the trash. I sighed deeply, standing up from my bed and heading out of my room. Jiyong gave me these flowers—as an errand.

 

It stings inside me. Come to think of it, why do people always refer to the heart whenever they feel love or hate? The heart’s job is only to pump blood every day and keep us alive. The main culprit for the pain and happiness we feel every time we love is in the brain—the hypothalamus. So that means the brain is the one who’s always right, right? Even though the heart is on the left, they say it’s always right. Now I’m starting to believe it isn’t, because the time that I followed my heart and be with Jiyong—it’s the wrong thing. I know I felt happiness for a moment but then—pop—it’s gone.

 

I sighed and shook off the thought. I’m getting so melodramatic and insane just by thinking about giving these flowers to Ji Yul since Jiyong ordered me to.

 

I knocked on the big golden door that towered three times above me.

 

“Come in.” her husky voice ordered. I grunted, who does she think she is? Why did Jiyong give her flowers? Are they in a secret relationship or something? Well, it won’t be a secret since I am the one being used as the ‘bridge’ for the two of them to go sweet and giggly with each other.

 

I looked at the bouquet of flowers and cursed it before opening the door and risking my life in Ji Yul’s dungeon.

 

My eyes widened to what I am seeing. There were flying things everywhere. I looked closer at the roaring and shrieking things that are hovering above me. They made some screeching sounds that I find disturbing and unpleasing to the ear.

 

 “Bums?” I gasped as millions of them flew around Ji Yul’s big steel room. They didn’t wave at me nor greeted me unlike the other Bum’s who’re picking berries in the berry field. It’s kind of odd to see Ji Yul’s room so—old and castle-like. Her windows weren’t glasses; they were made of water with actual fishes swimming in it. I touched one and it evaporated quickly, leaving an empty window filled with fishes swimming in air.

 

“What do you want?” Ji Yul’s voice echoed inside the room. I looked around trying to search for a lady with glowing blue eyes, no sign of her. I loosened the stiffness of my body and relaxed.

 

I sighed and started building up my courage. Every time I hear Ji Yul’s voice I’m afraid I will be saying improper words again causing her to go wild and scary and tries eating me again. Each step I took towards the center of her big room made a rhythm to my death. I have no assurance whether Ji Yul is not hungry for me anymore or probably it doubled.

 

Standing in the center of her big hollow room made the tingles all of my body show up. I gulped and build up a castle of courage inside me.

 

“Jiyong asked me to give you these.” I held out the roses in the air. The strands of hair on my skin stood up and danced with the fluid surrounding me. My throat felt pain as I gasped for air when the gushing water surrounded me, strangling me to death. Every blink I took feels so heavy; it feels like I’m drowning. No, not drowning—it feels like I’m being buried underneath the ground…alive. It feels like the air around me is slowly cutting my throat leaving a big clot inside it making me want to move and struggle. But it’s no use. I’m surrounded by thousands of Bum’s pouring me a blue liquid that I do not recognize.

 

“S—Stop…” I begged angrily as I shove them away. They all let out a screech, a taunting and ear-breaking screech. It sounded like forks and knives being scratch on a metal table, it gave me the chills making my mind lose its saneness.

 

“Jiyong asked me to keep you safe. But he didn’t tell me that I can’t torture you.” Her sharp and edgy voice echoed inside the room, making a beat along the screeches surrounding me. I gagged as my throat feels like it’s being filled with air—making it hard to breathe. My vision was becoming blurry and all I could see are red glowing eyes.

 

They aren’t normal Bums. They do not have golden eyes. What are they?

 

“It seems you’ve figured out that these creatures aren’t your ally.” Her figure suddenly appeared in front of me. Her state was worst than before. Her blue skin became paler—almost transparent as water and her eyes weren’t the perfect blue anymore. Her eyes became black—full of darkness and emptiness.

 

She approached me my jaw with her sharp deadly nails. I backed my head away but it’s no use. I can barely move with the lack of oxygen surrounding me. But Ji Yul seems to be fine with it.

 

“You idiotic…stupid…haggard….w—witch.” I tried to sound wrathful but I am rapidly losing my energy and my knees became week as if I’ve seen something horrifying.

 

“Look here, kitty.” Ji Yul grasped my cheeks with only one hand of hers, “I don’t know what your relationship with Jiyong is, but I am certain of one thing.” She smirked as she my hair like I am her pet.

 

“Even though Jiyong asked me to protect you, I can’t bear to resist a wonderful meal inside my lair, can I? With that cherry heart of yours, what kind of superhero doesn’t want to eat your heart up?” her hoarse voice hushed inside my ear sending all the blood inside me to be drained out of the pipe. I weakly looked at her in horror and she returned it with a hungry smile.

 

I tried mouthing my questions but Ji Yul seems to have read my mind first, “Yes, my dear. Superheroes aren’t really that kind, endearing, or perfect. They have their own secrets. Secrets that are soon to be revealed - because of you.” She hissed as she walked around me, caressing my hair with her long nails. I hold onto my teensy weensy bit of breath left inside my lungs.

 

I know I wouldn’t last longer.

 

“W—what do…” I choked and I was slowly losing my consciousness.

 

My surroundings were blurry and the red glowing eyes started to shatter, they became not more vivid anymore and my body feels heavy. It’s like I’m in the middle of pulling by death and being pushed by life.

 

“Yes, you have something to do with the battle Jiyong and Leeteuk are in right now. Unfortunately, the heroes are fighting over you.” She chirped with wrath inside her voice. The Bum’s became wilder and Ji Yul’s eyes were blacker than before. I blinked really hard trying to be alive; to be alive for my parents and friends. To be alive for Jiyong.

 

Ji Yul stopped walking in circles and she faced me. “Jiyong is such a fool to leave you here. Do you think he loves you?” her words struck me like thunder. The roaring inside me conquered me as if something beastly is starting to get out and devour myself. I could feel my jaw tightened and my vision became a bit clearer than before.

 

I hissed at her, feeling like I became stronger. It feels like something just changed inside me. “My, my. Kitty likes scratch, eh?” Ji Yul shook her head with pity as she snapped her fingers and the Bum’s darted away.

 

Then and there I could feel the whole heaviness inside me. It’s as if an elephant is sitting on me. I fell to my knees and held my neck, gasping for air as I choked whatever that clot inside me is. I heard her chuckles as she watched me thank that I am alive.

 

“I am pretty sure that Jiyong knows I’ll eat you in a minute or two once you stepped my lair. But why did he leave you here? He left you here unsafe and vulnerable. He doesn’t love you” her voice was like she was talking to a little kid. Sweet, full of pity and yet mocking. I looked up at her with glaring eyes. She smiled as she held my chin, tilting my head to look at her.

 

“You have no clue about this world, haven’t you? You don’t have any clue either about me, Jiyong or even him.” Ji Yul gestured his head for me to look behind me. I slowly turned my head and my emotions were like inside a blender. It’s a mixture of gratefulness and confusion.

 

He was standing there at the big golden door with calm eyes staring at me. His supposed to be warm gaze turned into something the same as his name. Cold and tranquil.

 

“Leeteuk” I said his name in a whisper that even I could barely hear. He started walking towards us with a stiff and unbreakable posture. He vowed to Ji Yul before turning his gaze back towards me.

 

Why is he vowing to her? What’s happening? Is he really Ice?

 

Ji Yul walked towards Leeteuk, snaking her hands around him. My eyes widened and I shivered all over. I don’t get what’s happening here. My feeling was now clear; it’s full of stinging of pain. I thought Ice cared? I thought he’s an ally?

 

“Good boy, Leeteuk. You actually made her believe that you like her. I heard you even asked her to marry you. That made me very jealous.” She selfishly cuddled a stiff and emotionless Leeteuk.

 

“What!?” the volcano inside me erupted. I weakly stood up gasping for air and sweating all over. The surrounding was cold with Ji Yul’s air-headedness and Leeteuk’s coolness. But it feels hot inside me with all the anger building up.

 

“Shush, don’t be too noisy. Save some energy before we eat you.” Ji Yul clung into Ice like a little kid being so possessive to her teddy bear.

 

I looked at Leeteuk and we locked eyes. How could he do this to me? I guess what he said is true—I am blind in reality.

 

The tears started to form behind my eyes, I looked everywhere trying to find for something to save me—for someone. My fists gripped on its own and I felt my nails burying inside my palm. I sighed deeply. I’ll accept whatever happens to me. “F—Fine…do whatever you want to do to me.” A traitorous tear escaped my eye.

 

This is my death.

 

I’ve always imagined a more romantic and not so tragic death. It sure is nice if ever I could die with Jiyong. It sure is nice if ever I’ll die hearing him say what he really feels for me. It’ll be nice if ever once in my life, before I die, he’ll tell me he loves me and that marrying me is not a part of is stupid duty.

 

“Now, Leeteuk. Why not taste her first?” she pushed Leeteuk gently towards me. This supposed to be my friend is now standing in front of me with those cold eyes of his. The eyes that I found odd and bizarre yet beautiful. I closed my eyes readily to accept my horrendous death.

 

‘Sandara’ a familiar voice cooed inside my head like a sweet angel singing a song. I slowly opened my eyes and find Leeteuk’s eyes quite—different. He curved a little smile on his lips and his hands were shaking. Drops of pearls of sweat were dripping down his forehead and I could see he was resisting something.

 

I took a step forward. It’s as if something conquered me that am not me. I was unconscious to what I am doing. I was being possessed by something. And I do know I’ve felt this feeling before.

 

I extended my hand, wanting to touch Leeteuk but he backed away like a graceful ballerina.

 

‘Sandara, always remember—I love you’ his lips didn’t moved but I’m certain that it’s Leeteuk voice.

 

With a blink of an eye, darkness enveloped me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

I'm confused now!