Welcome To Neverland

Be My Bias

You could tell Taemin still wasn’t too happy about having to drag Kevin along, but he’d get over it. The car ride to get to the closest amusement park took about 1 hour so to pass the time, you guys listened to music. Suddenly, NU’EST’s “Face” came on and you couldn’t help but sing along and neither could the guys. Although Taemin wasn’t the most perfect singer, he still had an incredible voice and of course, he was a dancing machine. Next to Kevin, however, it made Taemin look as if he’s never sung a day in his life and so when Kevin started singing along to the song, Taemin really looked annoyed.

Because you were sitting shotgun, Taemin leaned over and whispered in your ear,

“Looks like someone is trying too hard to impress you.”

“What makes you think that? I’ve heard him sing before and he’s actually THAT good.”

Taemin just rolled his eyes. What is his problem?! You didn’t know the answer, but you knew you had to find out.

For the rest of the trip, you just looked out your window and listened to your iPod. Finally, you guys arrived at Neverland, by far the best amusement park that ever existed. Parking wasn’t too bad since it was the time of year when the park wasn’t all that busy. You couldn’t wait to ride all your favorite rides. The three of you walked up to the park entrance and were deciding on what ticket packages to buy. Taemin wanted to be nice and pay for the tickets, but then Kevin argued with him saying he’d pay for them so while they were “talking” with each other, you bought the tickets just to shut them up.

There was so much to do in the park, you couldn’t decide what ride to go on first. You finally decided on the big pirate ship that swings back and forth high in the air. After you rode that, Taemin chose to go ride one of roller coasters. In line, you were standing between the guys with Kevin in front so when you went to board the cars, Kevin and you sat together, while Taemin had to sit with some 10 year old kid who cried and hung onto him the whole time. You kind of smirked at this.

“Well, you know what they say about karma”, you thought to yourself. “I do feel bad, but that’s what he gets for being rude towards Kevin.”

The whole day, you guys rode all kinds of rides and ate when you got hungry. You decided to play some carnival games. You tried the game where you throw a small ball and try to get it in the colored holes and whatever color you get it in, that’s what size prize you get. After spending about 5 dollars trying it with no luck, you ask the guys to try to win you a stuffed animal. You had your eye on a large stuffed hello kitty dressed as a panda.

“Can either one of you please win me that hello kitty panda? Please”, you pleaded.

“You know that I’m not good at that stuff”, Taemin complained.

You turned your attention to Kevin. You knew you had to have that stuffed animal so to get your way, you put out your best aegyo. You batted your eyelashes at him and pouted your lips and made your eyes look big and puppy like. You never, ever, EVER, used aegyo to get what you wanted, but this was a matter of life and death, well not really, but you just had to have that stuffed animal.

“Pwease Kevin oppa”, you said cutely emphasizing oppa at the end.

Kevin’s cheeks got fire engine red from embarrassment.

“Well--well--I’m not--good at it, but I--can try”, he said tripping over his words.

“Oh yay!! Kamsahamnida”, you said giving him a big hug at the end.

So with a little bit of luck and encouragement, eventually Kevin won you your stuffed hello kitty panda and you jumped around joyfully and even gave him a small peck on the cheek. You didn’t even notice Taemin give the both of you dagger like glares. You were too much in your own little world of happiness to care.

Taemin POV

I could tell she really wanted that stuffed animal, but I wasn’t good at those games and I really didn’t want to make an out of myself in front of her.

“You know that I’m not good at that stuff”, I told her.

She turned to Kevin and started giving him aegyo. What the hell!?! She always refused every time I asked her to do aegyo. She said that it made her feel childish. That really pissed me off and after Kevin agreed to win it for her, she gave him a hug. So I had to stand there like an idiot until he won that damn toy. Finally, after an eternity, he won it and when he gave it to her, she was so happy and she even gave him a kiss on his cheek. Okay, she barely met the guy and she’s already hugging and kissing him?! It took me almost six months for her to be comfortable around and it took her a few days to be all over him. I shot them the most evil glare I could manage.

You POV  

 Soon, it was night time and the park was aglow with the various colors of lights on the rides. It was an amazing sight to see.  You tried to avoid going on the Ferris wheel all day and it seems like Taemin had completely forgotten about it, that is until you passed it.

“Hey ________. Remember that little deal we had? Well I held up to my end of it, so now it’s your turn”, Taemin said pointing to the ride.

“What deal”, Kevin asked, confused.

“Oh we made a deal and she agreed that if I held up my end, she’d ride the Ferris wheel.”

“And your end was” Kevin asked Taemin.

“It’s not important, Kevin.” Turning to Taemin you said, “Alright, let’s get this over with.”

Taemin did have a point and stuck to his end of the bargain so now you had to do the same. The three of you got in line.

“Kevin, you don’t have to ride this if you don’t want to.”

“It’s okay. I love Ferris wheels. The view is so beautiful from the top.”

You gulped and tried your best to hide your fear.

“________, are you afraid of heights”, Kevin asked.

“She’s more like terrified. Anything taller than her is too scary”, Taemin said making fun of you.

Trying to make you less afraid, Kevin made a joke by saying, “Well, I guess that makes me scary because I’m taller than you.”

You saw what he was trying to do and felt a little better and started to relax. Finally, you were at the front of the line. You could fit three people in a seat so you sat between Taemin and Kevin, which was really awkward. You closed your eyes as the ride started bringing you higher and higher off the ground. In a matter of about a minute, which felt more like an hour, you were slowly approaching the top. Just as your car reached the top, the ride suddenly came to a dead stop. You peeked a glimpse behind your hands and saw how high up you were and suddenly felt a strong wave of fear overwhelm you and you started crying.

“Why are you crying”, Kevin asked concerned.

You just held your head in your hands and out of fear, sobbed. And it didn’t even seem that Taemin wanted to comfort you. Kevin was the only one caring.

“Hey, I don’t like to see a pretty girl cry. Come here”, Kevin said putting his arm around your shoulder and bringing your head into his chest. You could only just imagine the look on Taemin’s face and it was almost as though you could feel the steam coming out of his ears from his anger. Because of the time of year and the fact it was nighttime, the weather was really chilly and being high in the air didn’t help. You were starting to shiver, partly from being cold and partly from fear, so Kevin took off his jacket carefully and placed it around your shoulders. Being wrapped in his arms made everything seem okay and before you knew it, the ride started up again and you were safely back on solid ground. You wiped your leftover tears. Before you left, you had to go to the bathroom.

“Guys, I have to go to the restroom. I’ll be back”, you told the guys.

Kevin POV

________ left to go to the bathroom, leaving Taemin and I standing there awkwardly. I could tell Taemin hated me, but I really could care less what he thought. He didn’t seem to care about her feelings and he even made fun of her for being afraid of heights. I figured I’d be the first one to break the mile-thick ice, but he beat me to it.

“Listen, I don’t know what game you’re playing, but stay away from ________, okay”, he warned me.

“I should say the same thing about you. Obviously you don’t know the meaning of being a friend. You don’t make fun of someone’s insecurities like that. She was really afraid and you made a complete out of her. You don’t know the first thing about comforting someone”

“Look who’s the big talker. Since you’re new, I’ll explain something to you. Over the past 4 years, I’ve protected her from people making fun of her so don’t tell me that I don’t know how to comfort someone. I’ve spent more hours with her trying to stop her from crying longer than you’ve been in high school.”

“If she’s being insulted by other people, then why do you do the same damn thing?”

“She knows I’m just joking. That’s what friends do. They joke around with each other.”

“Well, obviously you can’t read her as well as you think. Why do you think she came to me for comfort? Think about that.”

“Whatever, just stay the hell away from her and we won’t have any problems. “

“It’s kind of hard since I live right next door to her.”

“Well then move. Just leave us alone.”

“Oh now I get it. You like her and you’re afraid she’s going to like me instead. So this whole argument is a jealousy thing. Now that’s really sad.”

“Dude, I think you’re imagining things.”

“Sure, whatever you say, “dude”.”

So Taemin was jealous. I don’t know what he has to be jealous about. ________ and I just met a few days prior and we barely know each other, let alone enough to like one another, but it’ll be fun to mess with Taemin’s mind. But I have to make sure that I don’t mess with ________’s emotions in the process. Although I don’t really trust Taemin, I can honestly believe that ________ has been bullied many times in her life. I’ve experienced the same thing and people like us just know when another has been picked on. All my life, I’ve been picked on for looking too feminine and people would always call me a girl. I mostly brushed it off, but it gets to a person after awhile. Not that I’m judging her, but I can tell she’s been picked on because of her weight, it’s just if you’re a girl and you’re not a size 0, you get picked on. To be honest, she looks beautiful just the way she is. I will never understand why girls think that being skinny and starving themselves is a good thing. I mean, I’m skinny, like toothpick skinny, but I eat constantly and I can’t seem to gain any weight. I know that in order for ________ to open up to me about her past, we’ll have to get close, and it seems that Taemin won’t like that too much. Oh well. If he wants to fight for ________’s friendship, let the games begin.