Some Senior Skip Day

Be My Bias

You finally decided against texting him back. Though it was wrong, you wanted him to feel the hurt that you felt when all the fighting between him and Kevin went on. You crawled off your bed and headed over to your desk to try to do some of the math homework you had. You barely figured out the first equation when your cell phone went off again; this time it was a call. You glanced at the caller ID and saw it was Taemin. You threw your phone back on your bed and ignored it. Hopefully he’d get the message after you ignored his many attempts at trying to get you to talk to him. Well, you always thought he was persistent; every time you didn’t answer, he’d just call again. After the 12th call, you finally got sick of it and turned your phone off.

“Be strong ________. You can’t cave now. He needs to know what it feels like. Maybe I could just text him telling him that I’m okay and to leave me alone. Wait, no!! I can do this. I have Kevin, I don’t need Taemin. He ruined it for himself.”

You rubbed your temples in frustration. “Alright, time to finish this homework, even if it takes me all night.”

And that’s exactly how long it took you. You kept thinking about texting or calling Taemin back and every time you thought about this, your homework would become further away from being finished. You ended up falling asleep at your desk and almost didn’t hear your alarm clock go off.

“Ugh, I have such a terrible headache”, you complained as you went to stand up, forgetting that you hurt your tailbone yesterday.

You didn’t think you fell that hard, but enough to make pain shoot up your legs with every step. With much difficulty, you got ready for school. Taking Advil on your way past the kitchen, you walked out the front door and headed over to Kevin’s house. Every step was agonizing and paired with your migraine it made this morning very unpleasant. You only got this bad of a headache when you worried or stressed over something to the point where you lose sleep over it. You finally reached the front porch to the Woo house. Kevin’s car was still parked in the driveway so you knew you weren’t late.

While you waited, you pulled out your phone and turned it on. You saw that Taemin had called you 37 times last night and texted you 12 times. He left 15 voice mails all saying the same thing, “Just please talk to me or text me so I know you’re alright. I’m sorry ________.”

“I’m not alright!! You’re the reason I’m losing sleep and stressing out”, you screamed at your phone as if it was Taemin himself.

“Who’s the reason you’re stressing out”, a guy’s voice asked from the porch above you.

You turned your head to see your angelic boyfriend standing before you, with a confused expression on his perfect face.

“Oh, never mind. It’s nothing important”, you replied. “Where’s Deanna?”

“My parents took her to school today before they went to the city for the day”, he explained. “And not that I’m not happy to see you, but what are you doing here so early?”

“Uh, aren’t you taking me to school today?”

At this, Kevin chuckled. You didn’t think it was so funny. “Don’t you remember that the seniors have off today?”

“But...but when I said, “I’ll see you in school today” you said “okay.”

“Oh that’s because I forgot too until my mom reminded me this morning. So that means we can spend the whole day together!!”

You nodded, but inside you just wanted to go back to bed and sleep for the rest of the day.

Your face must’ve showed your pain because Kevin asked, “________, are you alright? You don’t look so well.”

You were just about to reply to him when your legs suddenly felt numb and they gave out underneath you. You collapsed onto the ground and that’s the last thing you remember.

 

You woke up, unaware of your current surroundings. You didn’t know how long you’d slept for, but your migraine was gone and the numb feeling in your legs wasn’t as great. It took your eyes a few seconds to adjust to the new light and soon you realized you were in a bedroom, one you’ve never been in before so you figured it was Kevin’s.

You wiped the sleep from your eyes and tried to stand up. You had most of the feeling back in your legs, even though it still hurt to walk. The room you were in was plain and had only a few pieces of furniture in it so you guessed it to be a guest bedroom. You slowly walked into the hallway and could now hear singing coming from somewhere in the house. It was distinctly Kevin’s voice because you have yet to hear another person’s singing voice that sounded as unique as his. Your curiosity got the best of you as you walked towards the origin of the noise. You ended up in Kevin’s bedroom.

You were so caught up in looking around his room that you didn’t even hear an adjoining door open.

“________, what are you doing in my room”, Kevin’s panicked voice asked.

You turned around to see Kevin, in nothing but his boxer shorts. He looked as if he’d just gotten out of the shower. His perfect head of brunette hair was damp. The sight in front of your eyes was hard to look away from. Even though he looked skinny, there was no denying the abs that you saw before you. You probably looked like an idiot right now; standing there in a trance with your mouth hanging wide open, ogling your boyfriend’s body.

Before your hormones got the better of you, you shook your head back to reality and started to think of a reason why you were in Kevin’s room to begin with.

“Uh, I heard you singing and I came to see where it was coming from. I--I didn’t realize you were in the shower. Sorry, Kevin”, you said.

“It’s fine ________. You just scared me that’s all.”

You let out the breath that you didn’t even know you’d been holding.

“How are you feeling? You fainted earlier”, he asked coming up to feel your forehead.

“Uhm--I think I’m better now. My headache is gone and it doesn’t hurt as much when I walk.”

“It hurts when you walk?”

“Yeah, I think it’s from falling yesterday. Don’t worry I’ll be alright. I probably just bruised my tailbone a bit”, you replied, smiling weakly.

“I’m sorry _______. I knew I shouldn’t have let you go.”

“I’ll be okay. My will just hurt for awhile though”, you said trying to laugh.

Kevin nodded and laughed. You both didn’t even notice that Kevin was still only dressed in his boxers.

“I’m going to step out so you can get dressed.”

Kevin looked at his unclothed torso and blushed. You walked out of his room and shut the door so he could have some privacy. When he was finally dressed, he reopened the door and let you come back in.

You took a seat on his bed when suddenly, your pocket vibrated. You pulled out your phone and examined the text ID. Ugh, Taemin again. The message read, “________, answer me!! I won’t stop being a pain in your unless you do so!!”

You rolled your eyes and finally replied. “I’m fine!! I’m with Kevin right now so leave me alone!!”

You shut your cell phone in frustration.

Kevin glanced at you with his head tilted to the side.

“Taemin keeps bugging me, wanting to know if I’m alright because he saw….”

“He saw what?”

, that’s right. Kevin doesn’t know that you saw Taemin and his “girlfriend” at the ice rink yesterday.

“________, just tell me. What did Taemin see?”

You decided to just spit it out. “He was at the rink yesterday on a date and he saw me fall on the ice. He wanted to help me, but he wanted to avoid another fight with you.”

“Oh, was that why you were distracted and tense?”

You nodded. “I’m sorry. I ruined our date.”

Kevin shook his head. “You didn’t ruin it because if you fell again, you could’ve done worse damage to your tailbone.”

“Yah, what makes you think I’d fall again?!”

Kevin gave you a “do I look like an idiot?” look.

“Yah, meanie”, you said playfully slapping his arm and puffing out your cheeks.

“I said nothing. I was thinking it, but I didn’t say it”, he replied laughing.

You stuck your tongue out at him. “I’m not talking to you”, you said trying to sound serious.

You turned your back to him and crossed your arms. You knew you wouldn’t be able to stay mad at him, even if it was just for fun.

“You can’t stay mad at me”, he whispered in your ear, causing goose bumps to form on your skin.

You shivered when he blew his hot breath against the sweet spot on your neck. Knowing he’d found what he was looking for, his lips brushed against your sensitive skin, kissing it ever so gently, making you squirm and whimper.

“Kevin, stop that”, you whined.

He just smirked, knowing he would win this little quarrel. He ignored your pleas and continued to kiss your neck. You had to grip the bed comforter under you to keep from . Your mind was becoming clouded and heat was starting to travel through your body. You had to stop before something more happened. You jumped up from the bed, but you didn’t get far because Kevin gently pinned your weakened body against the wall.

“Kevin, please don’t do this”, you pleaded, squeezing your eyes shut.

It’s not like you didn’t want it to happen, it’s just you thought that Kevin might judge your body and break up with you.

“If you’re afraid of something tell me. I promise I’ll be gentle.”

“I--I’m afraid you’ll look at my body and want to break up with me”, you choked out, tears forming behind your eyelids.

“________, look at me.”

You opened your eyes, letting the tears spill out. You blinked them back and focused on Kevin’s sincere face.

“I would never judge you based on your body. I didn’t want to date you because of your appearance. I like you just the way you are. Do you trust me?”

You nodded as Kevin’s lips crashed down onto yours in a passionate kiss.