Voice Like An Angel

Be My Bias

You didn’t even realize you had fallen asleep until you woke up and it was dark outside. Taemin was no longer sitting beside you on your bed. In fact, he wasn’t anywhere to be found. You took your cell phone out of your pocket and glanced at the time.

“9 pm!! I can’t believe I slept for 3 hours!! Why didn’t Taemin wake me?!”

Also, you noticed a new text message, from Taemin.

“Hey, I didn’t want to wake you because you looked so peaceful lol. I finished our project so you owe me big time missy. I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Good night ________-ah.”

You walked into the guest bedroom at the other side of the house and looked to see if Taemin’s bedroom light was on. It was pitch black so you figured he was either sleeping or not in his room so you walked back to your bedroom and your desk light. It was a little stuffy in your room so you opened your window to let in some crisp autumn air. Just as you were leaning out the window, you heard a melodious sound coming from next door. You noticed Kevin’s bedroom window was cracked open and the light was on. Sweet music was floating out of his room into your ears. You listened intently to it. It was like a voice so pure and sweet, it was if though angels were singing. You’ve never heard another person sing like that before. You then realized, it was Kevin.

Please forget our memories.

Baby, please forget our memories.

Just leave, and don’t ever come back to me.

You don’t deserve a guy like me.

Don’t look back, just turn away

Baby, don’t look back, just turn away

I know I’ll regret it, but I just want what’s best for you and me.

Although it was sad song, it made your heart flutter and brought tears to your eyes. For the next hour or so, you stood at the window sill and listened to Kevin sing. Eventually, it stopped and he came to close his window and you knew that was your cue to stay out of sight. You couldn’t let him know you’ve been eavesdropping on him.

Every night he’d sing and every night, you’d sit by your bedroom window just to hear him. It went on like this for a few days and he still didn’t catch you listening to him. It was your stress reliever, hearing him sing. After a stressful day at school or when the bullying got bad, you’d come home from school and get to hear his calming angelic voice. You didn’t dare tell Taemin about this. It seems that ever since Kevin moved in next door, he’s been on edge and bitter. It kind of pissed you off a little.

Finally, it was the weekend. You and Taemin had plans to go to an amusement park for the day. You were just about to leave your house when there was a knock at your front door. You opened it to see Kevin’s smiling face. He looked so adorable and sweet. You could stare at his gorgeous face all day.

“Hi Kevin. What’s up?”

“Oh I just wanted to see if you had plans today, but judging from your bags, it looks like you already have some.”

“Yeah, Taemin and I were going to the amusement park today.”

Kevin’s face looked a little sad, so you added,

“But, if you don’t have any plans today, I’m sure Taemin won’t mind if you tag along.”

You hated to lie because you knew Taemin would definitely mind Kevin tagging along.

“Well, I don’t want to be a third wheel.”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll go tell him you’re coming with us.”

Kevin's face lit up again.

“Neh, I’ll go get ready.”

Kevin happily walked back to his house as you ran quickly over to Taemin’s, who just happened to be coming out of.

“Change of plans”, you said.

“What you can’t go”, Taemin asked with a curious face.

“Ani, I can go. It’s just well, I kind of invited someone.”

“You didn’t. ________ please tell me you didn’t invite him.”

“If I told you that, I’d be lying. What do you have against him anyway?”

“Nothing, nothing at all.”

“Well then him coming shouldn’t be a problem, neh?”

“Araso. On one condition.”

“Ugh, what is it?”

“You have to ride the Ferris wheel.”

“No!!! You know I’m afraid of heights. Oppa please don’t make me.”

“Well, then tell Kevin he can’t come and besides, you owe me anyway for making me do our project all by myself.”

Taemin always knew how to get his own way, that pabo.

“Fine. You win, I’ll ride the Ferris wheel…”

“Sweet.”

“but, I have a condition of my own.”

“Oh great, now what?”

“You have to ride it with me.”

“Oh sure no problem.”

“Good, so we have a deal?”

“It’s a deal.”

You and Taemin shook hands.