Man Man Ha Ni (Am I That Easy?)

Be My Bias

“You’re shivering”, he exclaimed.

You were indeed shivering, even in the warmth of his car.

“Here, I have a blanket in the trunk. Let me go get it quick and then I’ll take you home.”

You nodded as he got back out of the car to retrieve the blanket.

Against your better judgment, you willingly got into Taemin’s car. You weren’t going to risk getting pneumonia just because you were still angry with him. He seemed like he was genuinely worried about you. Suddenly, your phone vibrated. You pulled it of your purse and saw Kevin’s caller I.D pop up. You read the text he sent you.

“________, I’m really sorry. Please don’t be angry at me. It was just a shock for me that you knew and all this time you didn’t say anything.”

You sighed and laid your head against the head rest. You really knew staying angry or even a little mad at Kevin wouldn’t last long. Talking things out will be the right thing to do, but first you had to get home.

Taemin returned from getting the blanket and placed it over your body. Because he was outside, his clothes were drenched, his hair was wet, and his bangs stuck to his forehead.

“Thanks for the blanket”, you said snuggling against it.

He smiled. “No problem. Now let’s get you home.”

He started up the car again and drove in the direction of your house. The atmosphere was kind of awkward because you didn’t know if you should say something or if you should let him say something, but in the end, you guys didn’t speak at all.

When you arrived, Taemin parked against the curb outside your house. You handed him back his blanket which he threw in the backseat.

“Thanks for driving me home”, you said, putting your hand on the car door.

“________, wait”, he said stopping you.

Great, you knew this would come.

You looked at him. “Taemin what is it”, you said softening your tone.

“For these past months, I’ve really missed being friends with you. I did let my jealousy get in the way of our friendship and if you could find it in your heart to forgive me, I’d be the happiest guy in the world.”

Tears started sneaking their way out of your eyes and down your cheeks. You couldn’t let Taemin see you cry, not now.

“All I want is for you to forgive me, that’s all. We don’t even have to be friends again if you don’t want.”

“I would like us to be friends again too, but at the risk of everything falling apart again, we can’t. I’ve forgiven you already for what happened, but that’s all I can do. I’m finally in a happy and safe place. I don’t get bullied anymore and I’m just content. Maybe in the future, we can be friends, but not now. I’m sorry Taemin, I truly am.”

You slowly looked up to see his face. You couldn’t tell if the water running down his cheeks were tears or the water dripping from his hair.

“I respect your decision. But I do have one question.”

“Ask me anything.”

“If he makes you so happy, why would he let you walk home in this weather?”

You didn’t really think it was Taemin’s business to know about your relationship. “We had a little argument and I stormed off.”

“Not that’s it’s any of my concern, but I know if you were my girlfriend, I would’ve chased after you and let you know how sorry I was and how I’d never hurt you again”, he replied.

“Oh--well I’d umm better go inside now. I’ll see you around. Bye Taemin”, you stuttered, opening your car door.

“Goodbye ________.”

You walked inside your house where your parents were sitting in the living room watching TV. They looked at you with worried looks when they saw you drenched.

“Honey, is everything okay”, your mom asked.

“Yeah, everything is just peachy”, you lied, tears starting to form again.

Your mom stood up from the couch and wrapped you in a big hug. You just let all the tears come out.

“Sweetie, let’s go up to your room and talk.”

You nodded against your mom’s hair and walked up with her to your room.

She sat on your bed as you got changed into some dry clothes.

You told her what happened at the restaurant leaving out the part about Kevin’s true identity. You just made up a new reason that you guys argued.

“Aw my poor baby. First Taemin, now Kevin.”

“Why are boys so clueless and stupid?”

“Honey, even I have yet to figure that out.”

As you and your mom talked, the rain seemed to slow until it was just a drizzle. Talking with your mom always made you feel better. She always managed to make you smile and laugh when you didn’t want to. As you were joking around about how guys are pabos, you heard something coming from outside your window. You got up and went to see what was going on.

There on the lawn below your window was Kevin singing and looking up at your window. You opened your window and looked down at him. He had a bouquet of red rose in his hands and his clothes were getting soaked from the rain. Yet, despite all of this, he kept singing to you.

 I’ll always be waiting.

Girl you are the only one for me

Cause baby, you make my life complete.

Lonely, I was alone ‘til you came in my life.

Without you babe, it’s so hard.

Cause I need you here by my side.

And you are my everything,

There’s’ no one that could take your place.

 

Your mom came to see what was going on and she saw what was going on.

“Aww, honey he’s serenading you. I know you guys argued but not most guys would do that, let alone in the rain.”

You nodded and ran downstairs and out the door. You ran towards the side of your house where Kevin was still standing. You had tears in your eyes.

He saw you and walked up to where you were standing. He got down on one knee and presented the flowers to you. You happily accepted them. He wrapped you up in his arms.

“You know you make it really hard for me to stay mad at you”, you said in his ear.

“I love you too”, he replied.

You pulled back to look at his face. He was sincere and he really meant it. So he did read the card. You felt a smile come across your face.

He pulled you back in for a kiss. Those sweet kisses you haven’t had in a few days. You missed the smell of his breath and the gentleness of his lips. You stood there wrapped in his arms, kissing in the rain.