First Official Date

Be My Bias

During 6th period, Taemin tried to talk to you again, but you just ignored him. In a way, you felt bad for it, but he’s now learning a valuable lesson. You can’t screw up like that and expect people close to you to forgive you right away. Besides, he has his little girlfriend or whatever you want to call her. They both annoy you at this point. It’s like they’re made for each other.

You put al these tense feelings aside and enjoyed the fact that you and Kevin were going on your first date later that evening. You couldn’t wait to see what he had planned. After he dropped you off after school, you hurried to get ready. Reaching your room, you threw open your closet, scanning through your clothes, trying to find the perfect first date outfit. You finally decided on a pair of black jeans, a blue and white striped shirt, and matching flats. It was casual, yet somewhat dressy and since Kevin didn’t tell you where he was taking you, you didn’t know how to dress. Oh well, you’d find out soon because he told you he was picking you up at 6 and it was 5:30 now.

You grabbed your purse and sat on your front porch, waiting for him to drive up or walk over. About 10 minutes later, he pulled up to your house and you walked up to his car and got in the passenger seat.

“Hey Kevin”, you said putting your seatbelt on.

“Hey ________”, he replied smiling brightly and pulling away from the curb.

“So where are you taking me?”

“Ice skating.”

“Ice skating”, you questioned.

He looked at you. “Neh. What, you don’t want to go?”

“It’s not that. It’s just, well, I’ve never been ice skating before and I don’t know how to skate.”

“Oh well I can teach you. No problem.”

“Just great, we’ll get on the ice and I’ll probably fall on my and look like an idiot in front of him”, you thought.

 You thought about things like these as Kevin drove to the nearby indoor sports rink.

When you walked in the door, you saw that the rink was pretty full. Great, so not only will you make an out of yourself in front of Kevin, but in front of everyone as well. Oh joy. Holding hands, you and Kevin walked up to the counter and got your skates. After paying for them, you headed to a booth so you could change out of your flats and put the skates on. When you tried to stand up after you’d put them on, you wobbled a bit and almost fell. Thankfully, Kevin caught your arm.

“Come on, just follow my lead”, he said smiling.

You nodded and followed him out onto the ice. He held one hand in yours and put the other on your waist, trying to steady you. Your legs wobbled and you slipped a few times. In no time, you started to get the hang of it.

“There you go”, he said congratulating you. “Now I’m going to let you go, okay?”

“Uh, alright.”

Just as Kevin dropped his hold on you, a couple skated past you. The boy looked back at you and you saw that it was Taemin. Immediately you lost your balance and fell on your hard. Taemin stopped, but he turned back around and continued skating with his date.

“________ are you okay”, Kevin asked, helping you up.

“Yeah, I’m okay. My ’s going to be sore for awhile though”, you said trying to laugh a bit.

After you got back upright, Kevin kept a firm hold on you so you wouldn’t fall again. The whole time you guys skated, you thought about Taemin’s expression when he saw you fall. He looked genuinely concerned like he was going to rush over, kiss it and make it better, but thought better of it and skated away, which was the smart thing to do. You don’t even think Kevin saw Taemin at all, which was a good thing. Or maybe, you just imagined the whole thing and that guy wasn’t even Taemin, just your mind playing tricks on you. But why would your brain play such a cruel joke on you? You just had to forget Taemin. If he wouldn’t have let his jealousy get in the way, everything would be fine. You just needed to get your mind off of him and enjoy your date with Kevin.

“Hello ________? Are you hungry”, Kevin asked waving a hand in your face.

You must’ve spaced out. “Oh sorry Kevin. Yeah I’m a little hungry actually.”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m okay, just thinking about…things.”

Kevin looked like he was going to say something, but decided against it. He just pulled you along towards your booth and then headed off into the food court to order some food. In his absence, you pulled out your cell phone and went on your me2day account. You looked at Taemin’s to see if he posted anything new. You saw he had a new post with a picture attached. You opened the picture and the caption read, “Out on my first date with my new girlfriend.” It was a picture of him and that whiny girl from school posing cutely in the ice rink. So you weren’t imagining things. You really did see him.

Kevin returned with your food. You must’ve been spacing out again because he asked, “________, are you alright? This is the second time you’ve spaced out. Are you not enjoying the date?”

You came back to reality. “I’m sorry Kevin. And I love the date. I guess I just have a lot on my mind.”

He sat down across from you and looked sincerely into your eyes. “Is there anything I can do to help you relax?”

“Well, there was always this one thing I’ve wanted to try, but Taemin would never try it with me.”

“Okay, I’ll do it with you. Whatever it is, I’ll do it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hey, I’m here to make you happy”, he replied sweetly.

You smiled brightly at him. He is just too perfect. Before you moved onto your next date location, you guys ate your food.

“So where to”, Kevin asked when you guys got back into the car.

You told him the directions to the place where your next date activity would be. Kevin’s eyes got a little confused when you brought him to a gym.

“Come on”, you yelled as you started walking through the parking lot.

He reluctantly followed you.

“What exactly are we doing”, he asked as you met him outside a room after you guys got dressed in sweats.

“Couple’s yoga. You said I should relax and I’ve always waned to do couple’s yoga. Is that okay?”

“Well, I’ve never done it before, but it sounds fun”, he said excited.

You opened the door to the private gym room where a yoga instructor was waiting. You both bowed to the instructor.

“Hello and welcome to couple’s yoga. Today the two of you will learn to bond in a different way and you will become closer after you leave this class. Let’s begin.”

First you guys had to stretch to ensure you won’t pull a muscle. Then the teacher had you do a pose where you guys are back to back, feeling each other’s breathing, which is supposed to be relaxing and give a fair amount of skin ship.

The whole class was interesting and relaxing and Kevin seemed like he really enjoyed it, at least you hoped he did.

When the class ended, you thanked the teacher, changed into your normal clothes and headed home.

“So all in all, did you like that class”, you asked Kevin as he pulled up to the curb outside your house.

“Actually I did enjoy it and I really feel relaxed now. I’m glad you suggested it.”

“See I told you. I would say our first date was a huge success. I really enjoyed tonight.”

“Me too. I just have one question”, he said, a serious tone entering his voice.

Uh oh. Did he see you look at Taemin’s me2day page? Did he see Taemin in the ice rink?

 “Okay, what is it?”

“How’s your ”, he asked before bursting out laughing.

You playfully slapped his arm. “Yah, it’s not funny. It really hurt, but it’s feeling better now.”

“That’s good. I know now for next time to not take you skating.”

“Hey, I did well for my first time skating.”

“I will admit, you did pick up on it quickly.”

“Well, I better get home now. I still have some homework to finish up on so I’ll see you in school tomorrow.”

“Okay, but not before giving me a goodnight kiss.”

You rolled your eyes and leaned your head in to kiss Kevin gently on his lips. You only went in for a small peck, but he kept his lips attached to yours and soon you guys were kissing deeply. You melted into the kisses and wrapped your arms around him neck. He s his hand under your shirt, surprising you, letting his warm tongue enter your mouth. It fought for dominance with your own creating hot passion between the two of you and soon the heat was building up and when you pulled away to breathe, the windows and windshield of his car were fogged up.

“I’d better go”, you said, blushing.

He nodded, still trying to catch his breath.

You opened your car door and headed up into your house. After you shut the door, you leaned against it and took a few deep breaths, trying to steady your racing heart. You walked up to your room and changed into your pajamas and plopped down on your bed, pulling out your cell phone. You noticed a missed text; from Taemin. Oh great, what does he want?

You opened the message that read, “I’m sorry I didn’t help you back at the ice rink, but I didn’t want another confrontation with Kevin. I hope you’re okay though. I know you’re still mad at me, but please just reply to this text so I at least know you’re alright.”

You could really feel the sincerity in his words, but they are just words. You debated whether you’ll reply to his text or not.