Let's Get the Party Started

Be My Bias

You and Kevin arrived back to where the party was taking place. While you walking to get something to eat, you spotted Taemin’s mom, dad, and little sister.

“What are they doing here”, Kevin said, obviously noticing them as well.

“Mom and dad invited them”, Deanna said coming up behind you.

“Why?”

“Because they don’t know anything about the incident last night.”

“Is he here”, he asked with a hint of anger in his tone.

“Ani, Aly told me that he said he wasn’t feeling well so he didn’t come. I know that’s a lie, but as long as he doesn’t show his face around here, I’m fine. I have nothing against them”, Deanna explained. “But I invited some of my friends from school so after you guys are done eating, we’re going to go play 7 minutes in heaven in the basement.”

“Psh, that’s a children’s game”, Kevin said waving her off.

“Awwh, oppa I want to play”, you whined showing aegyo.

Kevin blushed. “Ugh, alright”, he said giving in.

“Yay!!”

You and Kevin went to eat some burgers and hot dogs. After dinner, you followed Kevin into the basement. The basement that Taemin said had dead bodies in it. That thought still scared you a little so you hung onto Kevin’s hand tightly.

Instead of the frightening lab/lair thing you were expecting, it was a completely furnished basement, complete with a flat screen TV and a pool table. Not exactly what you were expecting. In the living room area, Deanna, Aly, and a few of her friends from school were sitting around talking. You recognized some of them. They weren’t just sophomores, but juniors, and one senior guy. In total, there were about 5 girls and 3 boys, including Kevin. You smiled shyly and sat down on the floor, joining the circle that started to form.

“Okay, here are the rules”, Deanna spoke up. “You spin the bottle and whoever it lands on, you have to spend 7 minutes in that closet over there”, she explained, pointing to the closet nearby. “Who wants to go first?”

Aly raised her hand as Deanna handed her the glass bottle. She put it on the floor and spun it. A few seconds later and it landed on the senior guy. Aly’s cheeks lit up red as he took her hand and led her to the closet. Woah, déjà vu all over again, but you knew this guy and he always seemed nice, of course you thought that about Taemin too.

7 minutes passed by quickly and the pair came out of the closet laughing and Aly still had red cheeks.

“Okay who’s next?”

“I’ll go”, you said confidently.

You picked up the bottle and spun it, hoping it would land on Kevin. It started slowing down and when it stopped, it pointed directly at your boyfriend. You smiled and got up.

“Ooh”, all the younger kids said.

“Guys, better cover your ears. This could get loud”, Deanna joked.

Kevin stuck his tongue out at his sister.

“Hey save that for ________”, she retorted, bringing a small blush to your cheeks.

Kevin walked with you into the medium sized closet and closed the door behind him. The light had already been by the ious pair. You don’t know why, but your palms were sweaty and your heart was beating fast. Suddenly, the light shut off. You pulled the cord, but nothing. You could hear giggling behind the door.

“It’s a little dark in there isn’t it”, Deanna asked rhetorically.

“Deanna, turn the power back on”, Kevin demanded.

“After your 7 minutes are up. Enjoy heaven”, she laughed.

You didn’t know what to do so all you could do was stand there. You could feel Kevin’s body standing next to yours and soon, you could feel his hand in yours again with his other hand searching for your face in the dark. You laughed as his hand was patting your head, and finally coming to a stop on your lips. You kissed his fingers and brought his hand in your other one. You found his neck and wrapped your arms around it, bringing him closer.

They say that your brain can somehow direct your lips to another’s in the dark. Well you were testing that theory out by closing your eyes and letting your brain work it’s magic. Soon enough, they found Kevin’s as you started kissing him gently. He soon took the lead as he deepened the kisses, pressing his nose deep into your cheek. He your bottom lip, begging for entrance. You obliged as he slid his tongue past your lips. Your tongues started tangling in a short, but exhausting war.

You pulled back to catch your breath as Kevin started kissing your neck, trailing butterfly kisses down it, ending up back at your ear. When he found your sweet spot, you made a noise in between a yip and a moan. He harder on that spot, causing you to squirm under his hold that he had on your waist. When he finished marking his territory, he came back up to your lips and planted soft passionate kisses on them, finishing up with a small peck on your forehead.

“Time’s up lovebirds”, Deanna called from outside the closet.

Kevin opened the door and you walked out together with most likely a big hickey under your ear, trying to hide it behind your hair; big fail because Deanna clearly pointed it out.

“________, do you suddenly have a craving for human blood”, she asked, stifling back her laughter.

“Uhm, no why”, you replied confused.

“Because it looks like you got bit by a vampire”, she said cracking up.

You blushed and tried to cover it up more. Kevin grabbed your hand and led back up the basement stairs and back to the party outside. If your parents saw that, they’d probably kill you.

“Is it that noticeable”, you asked Kevin worried.

“Nah, as long as you keep it covered”, he said smirking, checking out his love bite.

Fireworks starting going off, making you jump.

“Come on let’s go watch them”, Kevin said pulling you along behind him.

You sat on a blanket that was situated on the lawn. You leaned your head against Kevin’s chest as he put his arm around you. It was the end to a perfect night and a perfect weekend. That is until someone had to ruin it.

After the fireworks ended, you could hear yelling from the front yard. Kevin followed you up front to see two figures arguing. You recognized the voices as Deanna and Taemin’s.

Enraged, Kevin ran up to Taemin and pushed him hard.

“Get the hell away from my sister you bastard!!”

This, being the same, sweet guy you just kissed less than a half an hour ago. You ran over to Deanna, wrapping her in a protective hug.

“I just wanted to apologize to her”, Taemin sputtered out, the breath knocked out of him.

As Taemin approached again, Kevin gave him a good punch in the mouth, making Taemin spit out blood. The adults must’ve heard what was going on because they came running.

“What’s going on here”, Kevin’s dad asked.

“Oh my God, why is Taemin’s mouth bleeding”, your mother exclaimed.

“Because I punched him”, Kevin said, still angry.

“Kevin Woo, we did not raise you like that”, his mother replied outraged.

Here comes the drama that you were hoping to avoid.

“I punched him because last night he tried to Deanna.”

Everyone became silent. Then Kevin and Deanna’s dad lunged for Taemin. Thankfully Kevin blocked his path. Taemin’s parents ran to their son’s side.

“How dare you accuse my son of something like this”, Taemin’s mom yelled

Everyone but you and Deanna were arguing and yelling in each other’s faces. You wanted to stay out of this, but you knew you had to take charge. You felt like it was your fault, like you caused all this.

“Knock it off”, you yelled at the top of your lungs.

Everyone became silent.

“Since everyone is too angry right now, let me explain and don’t interrupt me”, you said boldly. “Look, it is true that Taemin tried to get Deanna to sleep with him last night. Whether you want to hear it or not. I feel the only reason why he acted this way is because he let his jealously get in the way. He was jealous that I was spending so much time with Kevin and not enough with him. That’s really what started it. Ever since Kevin arrived, he and Taemin didn’t get along and have constantly fought; and I’m tired of it!! Nothing happened with Taemin and Deanna because I stopped it before anything could. I know what Taemin did was wrong, but sending him to jail or whatever and ruining his future because of a little slip up isn’t going to fix anything. Now I don’t condone what he did and I’m still very angry with him, but please find it in your hearts to forgive and forget.”

No one knew what to say in reply to that. They were all stunned that you felt this way. Deanna hugged you tighter, reassuring you that everything would be okay and you believed, more so hoped, that it would.