18.

Connected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov]

 

It's been a month since I left and saw Mr. Park. I already moved to another city and got a new job. I'm working on a small coffee shop near my apartment. I rented a new one and I got so many offers from different companies but I rejected them. 

 

I want to have a peaceful life; just a normal job who pays well enough to fulfill my needs and expenses. My boss is also a good one! I feel like I'm lucky enough to find a boss like this. First it was Mr. Park and now Mr. Shin.

 

Mr. Shin is the owner of the coffee shop I've been working with. He pays well and treats me so good. I just started working last last week but the money I earned is kind of good and a lot. 

 

“Heechul, I'm leaving.” Mr. Shin said and stared at me.

 

“Again? Anyway, be careful!.” I jokingly responded and laughed. 

 

“Yes and I'll be back.” He said while laughing and left. I roamed around and sighed. We did have a few customers and people were having a good time while me? I felt so alone.

 

“What are you thinking?” Eunhyuk asked as he put down the tray and sat down next to me.

 

“Nothing.” I smiled and tapped his back.

 

I was just wondering if he was fine; I wanted to know if he's living his life, I wanted to know if he misses me too because I did. 

 

 

[Jungsoo's Pov]

 

“Kyunghoon, where's the files? I told you to send it to me. Today is our deadline!” I said and checked every files I've had in my laptop. 

 

“I'm still working on it, I might—” I cut him off.

 

“Print them out. I need an extra copy of those files. Do it now.” I said and sighed.

 

Work has been so tough and tiring the past few weeks and I haven't found a secretary. I don't know.. I couldn't find one. 

 

It's already a month ago since Heechul left the company and Kyunghoon replaced him for a meantime. At first everything was so hard but we used to it; without him, the company had to adjust again. I've never heard anything from him. The only thing I know is he's not here anymore. He moved to another city and I've heard he was doing good.

 

I'm happy to hear that. I really do.

 

Sometimes there's a guilt feeling that keeps bothering me. I don't know why I have to suffer along with him knowing that I was his victim.

 

I just don't understand why... Why do I still have to feel this pain? I've never done something wrong but I'm still suffering from the pain he caused.

 

1 month has passed. People already moved forward and probably living their lives in the fullest while I'm still stuck in the past. I couldn't even find a way to get better again.

 

Heechul left a wound in my heart and I think I couldn't recover from that on my own. I feel like my heart is desperately screaming for help; I'm drowning with my own sadness.

 

“Mr. Park, Mr. Chen has been asking you if you still want to push through the meeting this week. They're just waiting for your confirmation.” Donghae said and showed the email from Mr. Chen's company.

 

“Give them a go signal.”

 

“The last time we talked, he was also asking if your ex-secretary would come.” Donghae added. I looked up at him and frowned.

 

“Don't tell me he wants to push through this meeting because he wanted to see him? Is he insane?” I curiously asked.

 

“Mr. Cho already informed his boss that Heechul wasn't working with you anymore. I think Mr. Chen likes him. I don't know if I'm only reading too much into it.” Donghae replied.

 

“That man. Just respond to their email and let's finish it as soon as possible. Hae, please find me a new secretary. Hired a better one and fits in with the position.” I said and took a deep breath.

 

“I will.”

 

 

It's already late at night. Im still working and glued on my seat. I've been spending a lot of time inside the company than my own house.

 

If I go home, I would just sit in the corner and let the darkness come and embrace me. I don't want that to happen.

 

“You shouldn't have let him go if you don't want to. Everyone deserves a second chance. What he did to you is really painful but there's always a two side of story. He explained everything and it's up to if you want to forgive him. He has his reasons and you too but look who's suffering. You are still affected by it because you still love him even after what he has done to you, your heart still bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter