9.

Connected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

​​​​​​[Heechul's Pov] 

 

I was at the office and I didn't get a proper sleep last night. After what happened, Lia didn't say the other things they talked about including what I saw.

 

That was such a red flag for me but I understand her. Maybe she's just shy, right? Maybe she's just shy to share what I saw that she couldn't tell me.

 

It was fine, the important thing is that we did it and the outcome was good. Lia was a bit distant that night but I understand her. 

 

She only agreed to my plan because she was forced to. It was a good thing that she agreed and helped me.

 

“Oh!” I screamed when I felt something cold touched my cheek.

 

I turned around and suddenly pouted. I noticed that Kyunghoon is always on time whenever he would show up. It's like his timing is perfect, which I'm also very thankful for.

 

“Iced coffee just for you.” Kyunghoon said with a smile and handed me what he bought.

 

“Thanks.” I answered in a low tone. 

 

“Why is your face so sad? Where is the smile that makes everyone fall in love?” Kyunghoon teased.

 

“Stop it. I'm not in the mood.” I answered him. He leaned on the swivel chair, still staring at me.

 

“That coat looks familiar. Does Mr. Park own that coat?” Kyunghoon asked when he saw the coat on my table.

 

I also turned my eyes to the coat that was on my table. I forgot to return it to him right away.

 

“Yes. While we were in a meeting, orange juice spilled on me so he lent it to me.” I explained to Kyunghoon who just nodded.

 

“Why don't you go into his office and return his coat?” 

 

“Maybe later. I still have something to do.” I answered and focused my attention in front of the screen.

 

“You know, I noticed that there is something going on between you and Mr. Park especially with your behaviour.” Kyunghoon whispered.

 

“N-nothing. You're overthinking too much. Don't be jealous, no one can steal me from you.” I jokingly replied that Kyunghoon's cheeks suddenly turned red.

 

I just wanted to keep him quiet and I guess it worked. Kyunghoon didn't answer and immediately went back to his cubicle.

 

I took a deep breath and turned my attention back to what I was doing. I haven't received chats from Mr. Park since last night. I don't want to make the first move because he might think I'm too clingy which is not true. I'm just not used to not having a message from him.

 

We usually talk a lot every morning but after his date with Lia, I haven't received any messages.

 

“Heechul, Mr. Park wants you inside.” Donghae said while pointing to Mr. Park's office.

 

I stood up from my seat then picked up his coat and went in front of his office.

 

*knock*knock*knock*

 

“Come in.” 

 

When I heard that, I went inside his office. He was sitting and holding his phone.

 

“Mr. Park, this is your coat. Thank you.” I said first and handed him the coat. He looked at me for a moment and took it from me as well.

 

“You're welcome. Anyway, we are going somewhere this afternoon. There's a sudden meeting with Mrs. Kang.” Mr. Park informed me. 

 

Mrs. Kang? I haven't heard that name. It seems like an important meeting because I need to be with him. Maybe she's a well known person and also has large shares in the company.

 

“Noted, Mr. Park.” I answered and nodded.

 

He couldn't notice me because he was busy on his phone and all of a sudden he was smiling and his aura was different today.

 

“Do you still need something else? If everything's fine, can I go back to what I'm doing?” I asked him causing him to look at me.

 

“Are you with Kyunghoon again? Is he bothering you outside?” He asked and obviously changed our conversation.

 

What's the connection of his answer to my question? Why do he need to know what's going on with me and Kyunghoon? Weird.

 

“We're fine. We always g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter