14.

Connected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

I walked back and forth inside the office of Mr. Park. While we were talking, Lia suddenly called and said she was outside the company building.

 

I didn't expect that to happen either. That kiss was so unexpected. I already made my promise, right? Why is this happening again? I'm trying to fix everything but what's going on with Mr. Park?

 

Since I couldn't bear to stay inside his office, I went out to follow them. Just as I came out from where they were, they were both talking deeply.

 

Until Lia and I looked at each other and then she pulled Mr. Park into a kiss. I stepped back and ran away from where they were.

 

While I was in the elevator, my tears flowed.

 

“No. Why am I acting like this?” I cried, I said to myself and rubbed my chest. 

 

There was a heavy and loud feeling in my chest and I never thought I would feel it again.

 

I made a promise that I would give up and let them both be happy but it really hurts—seeing them kissing makes me wonder if that's how Mr. Park feels when he kissed me.

 

There's still a scar inside my heart that no matter what I do, it won't be healed anytime soon. My conscience is playing a big role here and also bothering me for all the things I've done to Mr. Park.

 

I thought everything would go in the right track but everything just got messier and worse, I even felt sorry for Lia. She experienced those s because of me. She wouldn't be like this if It weren't for me.

 

She became distant and I know even though she moved to another place, she didn't want to see me anymore. I know that even though we were still in touch, everything wouldn't be the same.

 

I ruined her life; I made her feel this way and I would never forgive myself for doing that to my friend.

 

Mr. Park returned in his office and his face showed a confusion. He frowned and was obviously deep in thoughts. I want to approach him but I don't want to be so obvious. 

 

His eyes landed on me and we both stared at each other. We looked at each other for a long time before he averted his eyes away from me.

 

What happened?

 

“Do you know Lia?” He seriously asked me as he slowly approached me.

 

My eyes shot wide open when he straightforwardly asked me that question. Did they fight? 

 

“I'm asking you if you know her.” He repeatedly said. We were so close to each other and I just swallowed. I couldn't find any words to say; I do what to confess everything but If i do, how about Lia? 

 

I feel my heart beating frantically. I feel like I'm hearing many voices and it's driving me insane. My head is spinning. I held Mr. Park's shoulder tightly and he supported me from falling. 

 

“What happened?” He asked. My knees gave up and I just found myself sitting on the floor.

 

I couldn't breathe, I felt like everything was so suffocating. My panic attack kicked in and Mr. Park was there to calm me down.

 

“Heechul calm down, okay? Inhale, exhale. Please help yourself out.” He instructed.

 

I did what he told me to do. He just hugged me in his arms until he calmed me down.

 

We were both sitting on the floor and I was catching my breath while I was in his arms. He kept humming and my hair. When I noticed that my breath was stable, I hugged Mr. Park arms and cried silently.

 

“Mr. Park...” I softly called his name.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I always make you worry. I'm sorry—” He cut me off.

 

“Shh. You don't have to apologize."

 

I held his arm even tighter and hugged it tightly into my chest.

 

“But I still have to apologize. I'm really sorry, Mr. Park.” I whispered.

 

I have to talk to Lia. I can't hide everything from Mr. Park and whatever the result is, I will accept it. I will face the consequences and if they are really meant for each other, I will not push myself and meddle to someone's relationship.

 

But could I experience this moment for just a few days? Before I tell him everything, I want to feel this happiness for a while.

 

Just for a while before he would push me away from him. 

 

 

“Iced coffee deliv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter