11.

Connected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

Today is my day off and I'm just in my apartment. As for unwinding, I'm not going to do it anymore because you can't unwind when there's something heavy in your heart. 

 

Instead of unwinding, I will just consider it as a relax day and to clear my mind. My work is also a bit affected by the mess I made.

 

Their phone call that I heard by accident added, I was even more confused and realized that was the reason why Mr. Park didn't chat me anymore. 

 

Mr. Park has her number and they've been talking through their own ways so he stopped chatting me; I've never received his message after they met.

 

Lia has her own way and she hid it from me. Is it because he likes Mr. Park? I thought that—

 

“Heechul!” Lia called as she directly entered my apartment. I looked at her and forced a smile.

 

“You don't have work?” I asked her.

 

She suddenly hugged me from behind which surprised me.

 

“I have work at 1 pm today. I just dropped by to check if you're okay. I thought he would catch us yesterday.” Lia explained and released me from her hug.

 

I looked at her over my shoulder and nodded, weakly.

 

“It's a good that I made an excuse to save both of us.” I answered her.

 

It was really a relief when you could find a way to save the almost situation that you could get caught in at any moment.

 

Why am I unlucky? It's like since I started working at Mr. Park's company and when Lia pretended to be me—I'm already out of luck.

 

“Yes! Fortunately, everything turned out okay.” Lia answered while smiling.

 

After a few minutes ago, Lia left and I was the only one left alone.

 

I sat on the couch and picked up my phone. I checked the 'matchy matchy' app and there was no message from Mr. Park.

 

“Hi. How's your day? It's been a while since we last talked.” 

 

My phone beeped, I received a message from him and got it in a few seconds. It made me smile and my heart was beating out of .

 

“Lia? I thought we agreed not to use this application anymore? Anyway, I'm fine. We were just talking about an hour ago tho.” 

 

I adjusted my seat and read his message properly. So, it was true? What I had in my mind was really right.

 

Lia had other plans. It was my fault, right? I was the one to blame for why they've met... I'm the one to blame for everything and what I'm feeling right now. 

 

I deserve this pain and disappointment for all the mess that I've caused.

 

“An hour ago? Really? Oh I forgot that. Are you happy?”

 

“I am. You always make me happy and feel motivated. Although I miss the first time we met on this app. I'm glad you used this app again.”

 

“Were you happy when we met?"

 

“Yes! I was the happiest that night. Also your kiss on my cheek, it still lingers me.”

 

“That kiss... You do look so happy.” 

 

“Of course! Maybe let's meet again? What do you think?”

 

“That's a good idea. Let's meet again.”

 

“Can I call you? I miss your voice.”

 

“Sure.” 

 

And just like that, my phone suddenly rang and I immediately answered his call through the app.

 

“Hi Lia!” 

 

Silence...

 

“Lia? Are you there?”

 

“H-hello...” 

 

“Lia? Wait who's this?”

 

“I'm sorry...”

 

“Hello? Where's Lia? Hello?”

 

“I'm sorry, Jungsoo."

 

I started crying and kept apologizing to him. The longer I lied to him, the more guilty I felt.

 

It keeps me up all night and the feelings I have won't leave me alone. It's not about my feelings towards him, it's about how terrible person I've been to him.

 

I could make way for Lia and leave Mr. Park. It's all my fault that's why I would stand up for it. I will pay the things I have done. 

 

If Lia and Mr. Park really like each other then I have nothing to worry about because what happened was beautiful...with the two of them.

 

I was their bridge and let them to meet each other's hearts.

 

I connected them; I was the real reason why they've met and why they fallen in love with each other.

 

 

“You told him the truth?” Lia asked, she came all the way here to see me. She was supposed to be in their workplace. I bet Mr. Park called her and asked what happened.

 

He was really concerned about her; Mr. Park was obviously surprised when he heard another voice wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter