16.

Connected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov]

 

“Heechul?” I flinched and barely processed everything.

 

“You don't have to confess later. He heard everything from the start. I guess you both need to talk. I will leave first and give you time to explain everything to your beloved boss.” Lia said as she stood up from her seat and left us alone.

 

I slowly turned around when I looked at him, Jungsoo was staring at me. I could see the pain in his eyes. I could see his emotions and it was all written in his face. 

 

“M-Mr. Park...” I said, trying to prevent myself from crying.

 

Lia planned everything and she, she let me confess while she was with Mr. Park. This isn't my plan; this is not supposed to be my confession.

 

I want to do everything right, in a proper way and proper place. I never thought Lia would show up and ruin things for me. 

 

I still understand her. I understand her as always. I know she's just mad and never meant those words. I know her. Her unsaid feelings fed up so she wanted to vent it out.

 

“So, you know her? All this time... Heechul, help me to understand everything.” Mr. Park said and his voice was trembling.

 

I stood up and was about to approach him but he stepped back. His eyes were still on me but I know... I know he's not having it. He wants me to explain everything, I really would but I want him to calm down first.

 

“Mr. Park, I will explain everything to you. Let's talk, okay? Let's—” He cut me off.

 

“I'm going. I'm leaving.” He said and walked away. I ran after him and kept pulling him back.

 

“Mr. Park, let me explain.” I begged already in tears, streaming down my face.

 

“Did you enjoy watching me like this? You played with my feelings and even used your friend. Heechul, what kind of person you are? I'm so disappointed... You...” Mr. Park words trailed off as he turned around to me.

 

“You hurt me a lot. How could you do this to me? You should've just told me everything when you had your time and explained it yourself. I would try to understand and forgive you.” He paused. Mr. Park pushed my hand away from him and faced me.

 

We are in front of his car and people are staring. I feel like my heart's breaking. Mr. Park is crying, the pain look in his face says it all.

 

“I'm planning to do it tonight but Lia... I mean I've never expected this to happen. I'm really planning to say everything but it didn't happen.” I said. For the last time, I tried reaching out his hands but he shoved it away.

 

“Planning on what? tonight? You only decided to confess everything tonight? After all those days we've spent together? You have your chance, Heechul. You should've done it before everything became so messed up. You should've done it earlier than this.” Mr. Park said and wiped his tears away.

 

“I'm scared... I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hurt my friend. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have done this. At first, I thought it was only my past time but as the day went by, I felt something weird and ended up liking you. I was planning to confess but Lia said she liked you....” I began, I couldn't stop myself from crying. I failed and my tears gave up.

 

I've been saying this to myself... I would accept everything and I won't force him to forgive me but upon seeing his reaction; it hurts me so much. 

 

“I tried to give way and would leave you guys alone but I never did. I gathered all my courage because I wanted to do the right thing. I didn't expect she would show up and had her own plans. Mr. Park, I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for confessing this late. It took me so long to do my plans because I wanted to enjoy us. I know once I confess, you'll probably push my away and never want to see me ever again.” I continue.

 

He didn't say any word and just staring at me. He had stopped crying and the way he looked at me was something else; not the way he used to, a cold stare and unreadable one.

 

“I know you'll never get my point and understand me but I just want you to know that my feelings for you are genuine and I regret everything I've done wrong. If I could turn back the time, I would do the right thing and I will never hurt—” He cut me off.

 

“You already did, Heechul.” Mr. Park responded and averted his eyes from me.

 

I even cried harder as I watched him go. He turned his back on me and went inside his car. I moved back a bit and didn't do anything even though I wanted to stop him.

 

When he drove away, I sat down into an empty street and didn't mind those people who had their eyes on me. I don't mind them at all.

 

“I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you...” I whispered, crying my heart and eyes out.

 

 

“Hey, stop drinking! I don't want to take care of a drunk Heechul.” Kyuhyun said as he snatched the glass of beer I had in my hand.

 

“You're so annoying. Let me drink!!!” I said, playfully hitting his chest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter