10.

Connected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov]

 

When Heechul comes close, I brought my hands on his face to wipe off the dust. When I touched his cheek, it turned red and he leaned into my touch.

 

Our eyes met and his gaze was so gentle; his eyes were so captivating. When he slightly smiled, my eyes softened. He did look good up closely.

 

“Omo. Did I disturb your lovey dovey time?” Someone's voice appeared and caused us to pull away from each other. It was Mrs. Kang.

 

“M-Mrs. Kang.” I said, stuttering. I was so flustered upon seeing her.

 

“Good afternoon, Mrs. Kang.” Heechul greeted her and flashed a smile on his face. 

 

She approached us and shook our hands. She couldn't stop herself from smiling and been looking at me to the two of us.

 

“You two look so good together.” She straightforwardly said. My eyes widened while Heechul cleared his throat out of awkwardness.

 

I secretly glance at Heechul and he has his head down. I bet he's also embarrassed about it. 

 

“Mrs. Kang, what are you talking about?” I laughed, awkwardly. 

 

“Don't deny it. I saw how you looked at him. You like him too. I'm too old for this but you two look adorable. Don't mind what would people think. It's none of their business and I support your relationship.” Mrs. Kang explained and smiled even harder.

 

The way I look at him? How do I look at him? There's nothing special to it. It's just a normal stare and nothing more, I guess? 

 

“That's not what you think—” Mrs. Kang cut me off.

 

“But your eyes say otherwise.” She said and pointed her finger to my eyes. 

 

Is this a hot seat? I've never thought this would happen and I was this nervous in front of them. Heechul looks fine and I could see how uncomfortable he was. 

 

“Let's just proceed with our purpose here.” I said and tried to avoid the conversation but just earned a smirk from Mrs. Kang instead. 

 

We all settled down and was about to start our meeting when someone barged in and caught everyone's attention.

 

“Mrs. Kang, you forgot your phone.” A new voice came in and it was so familiar. My eyes landed on her and made me surprised as well as her. 

 

“Lia?” I said when I saw her inside the room.

 

We were both startled and stared at each other for a while but her eyes shifted to the person who was sitting next to me. She had her eyes on Heechul and when I turned to see Heechul, he looked pale.

 

“Are you okay?” I slightly nudged him and whispered.

 

“N-no...” He answered and bit his lower lip. When I looked down, I noticed that his hands were trembling and he was trying to stop it.

 

His eyes were fixed from someone and he was sweating a lot. He looks unwell and bit anxious. 

 

“Mr. Park, what happened to him?” Mrs. Kang asked when she also noticed Heechul being so anxious.

 

“I'm sorry for interrupting your meeting. I'm really sorry.” Lia spoke, I turned to her and she was still staring at Heechul, her eyes shifted when I looked at her.

 

Is there something going on with the two of them? They look so nervous and talking through their minds. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this scenario. Of course they don't know each other... I think?

 

“Can I excuse myself? I suddenly feel so dizzy and throwing up.” Heechul informed and looked at me.

 

He kept looking at me and back to Lia. I don't know what's going on but I surely know there's something wrong. He wouldn't be like this if everything's fine. 

 

“Are you sure you're okay?” I repeated and tilted my head to check him well. 

 

“N-no. Mr. Park can I just stay in your car? I'm really not feeling well.” Heechul responded. I immediately handed him my car keys and he stood up.

 

“I'm really sorry, Mrs. Kang. This is so embarrassing but I really have to excuse myself. I will try to make up to you and meet you again.” Heechul said to Mrs. Kang and bowed his head. 

 

I watched him as he walked away and completely left the room, leaving me with Mrs. Kang and Lia but before that, for the last time he glanced at Lia.

 

“Is he really okay?” Mrs. Kang asked me. 

 

“I don't know..” I whispered, my eyes were still following

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter