Chapter 5

A 'Shifter's Tale

Taehyun sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. This human was starting to become a problem, as they started stalking Moonbyul at work. It took calling the police to get them to stop. He knew that it wouldn't stop the person but it was enough to keep things on the down low for a while at least.

The pack came first however, and Taehyun was one step away from kicking Moonbyul out because Yoonsan started grumbling about stalkers. Said stalker was starting to go after the members of the pack and Taehyun didn't like it when that became a thing.

"I'll take care of it," said Taehyun as he was confronted by Yoonsan. "Look," said Yoonsan. "I know she's your mate and everything man but this is starting to become ridiculous," he said. "I don't want to be that person but," he said, sighing. "I'll take care of it," said Taehyun. "Trust me, I'm pissed off by this guy too," he said.

 

~



After Moonbyul got off work Taehyun was the one to walk her home, and Sungwoon knew immediately what was up when Taehyun showed up. The guy had showed up again, and let's just say it didn't end well. A fight nearly broke out between Jihun and the stalker and they had managed to get his name this time.

"Who is this guy?" Taehyun asked curiously as he walked with Moonbyul. "Who is who?" Asked Moonbyul. "Your so called stalker," said Taehyun. "He's more than just an alcoholic roommate isn't he?" He asked. Moonbyul looked down at her feet.

"I don't want to be that person but if he's gonna stick around and the tenants of my apartment building are complaining about it, something needs to be done," said Taehyun. It hurt him to say that, but he always put the pack before everyone else. His pack was all he had. In a way it had extended to Kangmin and his team, but only because Kangmin was a long time friend, and like a little brother to Taehyun.

"You don't know what he can do," said Moonbyul. "Try me," said Taehyun. "He gets the law on my building? I have written contracts with every single tenant, including you, saying that you're staying here for free as long as you had work," he said. "My roommates and I take care of the building, making sure everything is up to standards," he said. "We get money from an outside source," he said. "But we take care of the building," he said.

"We've done nothing wrong," he said, turning to Moonbyul. "If your roommate is going to continue to cause problems I'm going to have to tell you to leave," he said. "You can't do that!" Said Moonbyul. "I have every right to," said Taehyun.

"If I may," came a new voice, causing Taehyun to turn to said voice. "Oh, Jinyoung?" Asked Taehyun. "What brings you here?" He asked. "Sandeul is here on business," said Jinyoung. "It seems however," he started. "Your friend has caught his attention," he said. "God damn it," said Taehyun. "This makes things even more complicated," he said, sighing.

"Your stalker friend, is Sandeul," said Jinyoung. "Said alcoholic roommate does exist however," he added. "That would explain why Sungwoon and Jihun don't know him," Taehyun said, sighing. "Mm," said Jinyoung.

"So am I still able to stay?" Asked Moonbyul. "Yes, don't worry," said Taehyun. "I should've looked more into it, I'm sorry," he said. After making it to Moonbyul's apartment door Taehyun bid her a goodnight before leaving again with Jinyoung, heading back out and texting the pack that something had come up.

"I know, I should've said something sooner," said Jinyoung as they walked around. "But Sandeul didn't want to involve me in this, until he was warned by the police anyway," he said. "If he had come to me personally I would've understood," said Taehyun. "He tried," said Jinyoung. "But he didn't want to approach you after the police got involved," he said.

"Give him my regards," said Taehyun. "If he had approached before Moonbyul said she had a stalker of sorts this would've been avoided," he said. "Yeah, no problem," said Jinyoung. "I'm sure he understood the reasoning behind it," he said.

"Where are you two staying now?" Asked Taehyun. "Nearby at one of the hotels," said Jinyoung. "Sandeul is almost done with the mission he came to Detroit for, so we're leaving pretty soon," he said. "Sandeul will come back with me whenever he's done with missions," he said.

"It's weird," said Taehyun. "We both found our mates in the same person," he said. "I know," said Jinyoung. "I think that's why Sandeul is so understanding," he said. "He knows how much you want to protect your mate, and so he knows better than to try and interfere," he said.

"Well," said Taehyun as his phone started blowing up with texts asking where he was. "I'll leave you be then," he said, checking his phone and responding to the texts. "Your pack asking where you were?" Asked Jinyoung. "It's just Yoonsan checking the cameras and seeing that I left with you," said Taehyun. "I told him that I'm fine, but I need to head back anyway," he said. "Apparently Sandeul is lurking around again," he said. Jinyoung checked his phone to be sure, nodding. "I'll tell him to leave the area," he said. "Good, Yoonsan has a bad temper," said Taehyun, earning a snort from Jinyoung. "I'll see you around then," he said, heading back to the apartment building. Jinyoung watched him go, shaking his head before he texted Sandeul.

 

~



"Okay, who is this guy?" Asked Yoonsan as he confronted Taehyun. "You wouldn't know him," said Taehyun. "Since you joined us after they left the city," he said. "But it's Jinyoung and his packmate Sandeul," he said. "Oh, those two," said Junhyuk. "What did they want?" He asked. "Sandeul was here on a mission, for Kris I assume," said Taehyun. "I assume Kris wants to know how Detroit is doing," he added.

"So what does Sandeul want?" Asked Timoteo. "He found his mate in Moonbyul," said Taehyun. "He didn't know how to approach the situation, since we're strict with handling any visitors that came unannounced," he said. "If they had contacted us this would've been avoided," hummed Junhyuk. "I think they wanted a stealth approach, they were pretty much hidden from us the entire time," said Taehyun. "I guess," said Timoteo.