Chapter 18

A 'Shifter's Tale

Taehyun sighed as he stared at the letter he was given. "Well, someone's asking for it," he said. "I need to call for a pack meeting it seems," he hummed, putting the paper on the table. He went to grab the walkie and spoke into it. "Who's around? I'm calling for a pack meeting as soon as possible," he said.

"Pack meeting? Who pissed you off this time?" Asked Yoonsan. "I'm at the cafe and not able to come back until three," said Sungwoon. "Timoteo and I are here," said Junhyuk. "I'm getting groceries," said Hojung. "But I'll be returning soon," he added. "Okay," said Taehyun. "We'll have the meeting when Sungwoon gets back," he said. "On it," said everyone.

"Ah, where do you want us to be for the time being?" Came Sandeul's voice. "Kangmin you there?" Asked Taehyun. "It's just me," said Jihun. "Kangmin's doing missions with Jisung and Kihyun in the neighboring city," he said. "Do you mind waiting until the meeting is over before coming back to the apartment?" Asked Taehyun. "We'll be with Jihun?" Asked Moonbyul. "Yes," said Taehyun. "We can do that, just tell us when it's clear," said Sandeul. "Will do," said Taehyun before he put the walkie on his belt.

 

~



Three P.M. rolled around and Taehyun sat in the livingroom with Hojung, watching a movie as they waited for the others to come over. "The door's unlocked, just open it and come on in," Taehyun explained in the walkie. "Alright," came everyone's voice.

Junhyuk and Timoteo were first as they knocked before entering, spotting Taehyun in the livingroom before going to sit down. "Must be pretty bad if you're calling a pack meeting," said Timoteo. "It's pretty bad," Taehyun said, sighing.

"Who you pissed off this time?" Asked Yoonsan as he entered the apartment with Sungwoon. "Well," said Taehyun as he got up and went to grab the letter he was sent and handed it to Junhyuk who scanned over it before passing it to Timoteo and so on and so forth.

"What the hell?" Asked Junhyuk. "Yeah," Taehyun said, sighing. "What are you going to do?" Asked Timoteo. "I called a pack meeting to discuss closing the city off to hunters," said Taehyun. "I warned him that if he continued his threats I would stop all hunters from going to help him," he said. "If he's continuing to do this then I think it's best to go ahead with it," said Junhyuk.

"Let the vampires take the city," said Yoonsan. "Most need it anyway, with your law of one human per vampire if they need to hunt here," he said. "Give them a city to hunt to their hearts content," he said. "I know who would love that," Taehyun said with a shake of his head.

"I know Eunki would," Timoteo said with a snort. "Or Youngbin," he added. "This would work in our favor," he said. "It would," said Taehyun. "What do Kookheon and Yuvin say about this?" He asked. "Well, the city technically belongs to them, since they're hunters," said Taehyun. "But since they consider themselves part of my pack despite being nomadic, they left any decisions up to us," he said.

"So they wouldn't oppose to us cutting the city off from hunters?" Asked Sungwoon. "Yes," said Taehyun. "Because of that damn loophole," Junhyuk said with a snort.

"So what's the consensus?" Asked Taehyun. "I'm fine with that," said Junhyuk. "We need to keep our city blood den free," he said. "It'd kind of defeat the purpose of Kangmin and his team being here," he said. "They're supposed to prevent that from happening," he said. "Yeah, I'm fine with that," said Timoteo.

"Me too," said Yoonsan. "These guys have been breathing down our necks for years," he said. "Best to get rid of the problem," he said. "I'm fine with it," said Sungwoon. "Our neighbors are douche bags," he said. "Yeah, I'm fine with it," said Hojung.

"Alright," said Taehyun. "We'll call the neighboring city off limits then," he said. He went to put the call out, preparing for the backlash as soon as word got to Yuvin's father. "Serves him right for threatening me," grumbled Taehyun as he finished writing the email out to all the faction leaders of both the werewolf and vampire hunting associations.

 

~



There wasn't much resistance from any of the factions, which was a great relief to Taehyun. On top of that Yuvin and Kookheon had come back from missions to make sure things were going in the direction Taehyun wanted. Eunki and Youngbin were on speed dial, ready to go and swoop in to take the neighboring city as a city for hunting for Taehyun's side of the information network.

Sandeul was told to keep Moonbyul out of it as much as he could and Sandeul agreed to do so. Humans didn't need to get involved in something like this, as it would be too dangerous. Even with everything that was happening, Taehyun didn't keep Moonbyul completely in the dark, he at least let her know that he was doing pack business and it would be too dangerous for her to snoop around for the moment.

The amount of people entering and leaving the cafe lately was enough cause for concern for Moonbyul, as she was seeing people she had never met or seen before, but with Jihun there most of the time she felt somewhat safe.

"The amount of people coming through is astounding," remarked Moonbyul as she was cleaning the espresso machines. "Most of them are hunters," said Jihun as he checked the amount of receipts for the day. "Just here to give confirmation that their faction leaders are fine with the information sent out," he said.

"How are missions handled?" Asked Moonbyul. "It's given to faction leaders who filter it through their teams until all the teams have missions," said Jihun. "Then it goes to other factions and passes down to them and so on," he added. "It's less complicated than you think, Hojung and I are the least active members of our respective factions, having to stay around to do things here," he said. "I see," said Moonbyul.

The door slammed open and in walked Yuvin's father. "Where the hell is Taehyun?" He growled, going up to Jihun. "He's busy right now," said Jihun. "What do you need?" He asked. "I need to speak with him," said Yuvin's father. "Hm," hummed Jihun as he grabbed the walkie, speaking into it.

"Taehyun," he said. "What's up?" Asked Taehyun. "You have a visitor," said Jihun. "Who is it?" Asked Taehyun. "I think you'd know," said Jihun. Taehyun sighed. "I'll be there in a minute," he said. "Junhyuk, Timoteo meet me downstairs," he said. "Coming," said Junhyuk.

"Who the hell do you think you are for calling my city off limits to hunters?" Said Yuvin's father as he went over to Taehyun and slammed him into a wall. "Who are you to send threats my way knowing the consequences of what would happen if you did them?" Asked Taehyun as he shoved Yuvin's father away from him. Junhyuk and Timoteo were flanking Taehyun, keeping their hands in their pockets as they watched and waited for something to happen.

"You forget that I control the city now that your sons are a part of the pack," said Taehyun. "They were both fine with this by the way, so deal with it or move your pack elsewhere," he said. "With the rules I have set in Detroit and the surrounding areas, vampires can only hunt one human," he said. "Now we'll turn your city into their hunting grounds," he said. "And you can't do a thing about it," he said.

"We're on our way to the city now, entering radio silence," came Eunki's voice. "Be careful, you might face resistance," Taehyun said into the walkie. "Alright," said Eunki.