Chapter 10

A 'Shifter's Tale

There was something different going on between Sandeul, Taehyun and Moonbyul. No one could figure out what, since the three of them didn't talk about it. When Jinyoung came back with Dongwoo however, the two of them figured it out immediately.

"You three are pushing on with your relationship aren't you?" Asked Jinyoung as he sat down beside Sandeul as he watched some TV. "I guess," said Sandeul. "It's not going anywhere big at the moment but Moonbyul is starting to want to hang with us more," he said. "How's that going for you?" Asked Jinyoung. "It's fine," said Sandeul. "I think at one point I'm going to have to explain that I do have two mates," he said. "I'm lucky, I don't get that," Jinyoung said with a snort. "It's not bad though," he added. "I see why everyone evolved like that," he said.

"You got to see as everyone progressed through the years," said Sandeul. "More like centuries," hummed Jinyoung. "But yes," he added. "It's a bit odd," he said. "I never thought that our species would evolve this much," he said. "Well, genetics change throughout the generations," said Sandeul. "It does," hummed Jinyoung.

 

~



Taehyun looked at Sandeul with a dumbfounded expression after being asked something. "What?" He asked. "I know, it's out of the blue but why don't we move in together?" Asked Sandeul. "I mean, I think it'd make sense right? Plus Moonbyul can move in if she wants," he said. "I'll think about it," said Taehyun.

"I think it'd make sense though, why didn't your pack choose apartments of their own anyway?" Asked Sandeul. "We didn't think we'd need to," said Taehyun. "No one had yet to find their mates when we bought the apartment building so," he said, shrugging. "I see," said Sandeul. "We just went with it," said Taehyun. "I'm sure no one is going to object to it but that means everyone needs their walkie talkies on them," he said. "Well, everyone has one already but," he added. "If anyone needs anything then the walkie talkies are in reach, I get it," said Sandeul.

The walkie talkie on Taehyun's belt came to life and it was Yoonsan. "Hojung where are you? You got visitors," said Yoonsan. "...I was taking Moonbyul to work," came Hojung's voice after a few minutes. "Who is it?" He asked. "Kookheon and his brother," said Yoonsan. "I'm on my way back, someone tell them that I'll meet them out front," said Hojung. Taehyun took the walkie talkie off his belt and brought it up to speak into it. "I'll tell them now, also there's a pack meeting once Sungwoon comes in from work," he said. "Alright," came everyone's voice. "Well, let's go greet the visitors," said Taehyun as he put the walkie talkie on his belt. "Yeah," said Sandeul as he followed Taehyun outside.

"Hey you two," said Taehyun as he spotted Yuvin and Kookheon sitting on the steps. "Hey," said Yuvin as he stood, turning to Taehyun. "Hojung will be over in a bit, he just had to drop one of the humans off at the cafe," said Taehyun. "Ah, I see," said Yuvin as he studied Sandeul with a tilt of his head.

"What brings you here?" Asked Sandeul. "Mm, just checking on Hojung, that last mission was brutal I heard," said Yuvin. "Hojung's been resting a lot since he got back," said Taehyun as he nodded.

"It was pretty bad," said Hojung as he walked over. "Luckily I can heal quickly still, but damn it was bad," he said. "This is why you join teams," said Yuvin. "I don't work well with teams," said Hojung. "I mean I'm stuck with my pack," he said, jokingly. "Oi, not all of us are bad," said Taehyun as he shook his head.

"On the subject of teams, I might just retire," said Hojung. "I'm better off here anyway," he said. "It's been hell with these recent missions," he said. "I know, it can be better if I was part of a team but I work better alone," he said.

"What's this meeting about anyway? You rarely hold any pack meetings," said Hojung as he turned to Taehyun. "It's regarding recent events," said Taehyun. "Involving the human?" Asked Hojung. "And the mutt," said Taehyun as he nudged Sandeul with his elbow. "Can you stop calling me that?" Whined Sandeul as he rubbed his arm. "Alright then," said Hojung.

 

~



"Isn't it a bit soon to be asking me a question like that?" Asked Moonbyul as Sandeul walked her back to the apartment after her shift. "I think it's fine," said Sandeul. "Taehyun's holding a pack meeting, and isn't it expected by now at least? You'll have your own room, since I'm pretty sure Taehyun has a 3 bedroom apartment," he said. Moonbyul hummed in response.

"Besides," said Sandeul. "We need to have a talk too," he added. "About what?" Asked Moonbyul. "About me as a werewolf," said Sandeul. "There's some things that I need to explain to you so when it does happen it hopefully will make more sense," he said. "Oh," said Moonbyul. "It's nothing bad, at least I hope," said Sandeul. "It depends on how you take it I guess," he added. "Right," said Moonbyul.

Jinyoung sat on the front steps waiting on them as Sandeul and Moonbyul arrived in front of the apartment building. "What's up?" Asked Sandeul. "The others are getting quite restless," said Jinyoung as he shrugged. "What do you want me to do about it?" Asked Sandeul. "You're the leader of the group," he said.

"I was heading back to Toronto," said Jinyoung. "So Dongwoo is staying here for a bit," he said. Sandeul sighed. "Okay," he said. "That's fine," he said. "Tell Gongchan I said hello," he said. "And tell Sunwoo that we need to spar next time we get together," he said. "Sure," said Jinyoung as he nodded, getting up. "I'll be back then," he said, walking off.

"Jinyoung is scary," said Moonbyul, earning a chuckle from Sandeul as he headed into the apartment building with her. "He may look scary but he's a big softy," said Sandeul. Moonbyul hummed.

"Do you want to come to my apartment or go to yours to talk?" Asked Sandeul. "Yours is fine," said Moonbyul. "Okay, don't mind Dongwoo if you see him in his animal form, back home he likes to lounge around in his polar bear form," said Sandeul as they headed to his apartment. "Got it," said Moonbyul.

Dongwoo was lounging on the couch, watching a movie as Sandeul and Moonbyul entered the apartment. "Hey you two," said Dongwoo. "Jinyoung left then?" He asked. "Yep," said Sandeul. "Go have your talk then," said Dongwoo. "I assume that's what the human is here for," he said. Moonbyul looked sheepish as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Come with me to my room then," said Sandeul as he headed into the hallway and into his room. Moonbyul followed after him.

"So," said Sandeul as he sat down on his bed, letting Moonbyul sit at the desk in the room. "There's something you should know about my kind as a whole," he said. "Since I was born a werewolf I have two mates," he said. "Don't ask me how or why, I don't know either," he added. "You are one of them," he said. "I have another mate who is another pure blooded werewolf," he said.

"...Oh," Moonbyul said after a few minutes. "And here I thought you were gonna say that you can change into a giant beast on two legs," she said. "Um, they do exist," Sandeul said with a snicker. "But no, I'm not able to do that," he said. "Really? Who?" Asked Moonbyul. "I'm sure you'll meet them one day," said Sandeul. "Donghun is rather... Hesitant to talk about his heritage," he said. "Apparently his blood line directly comes from Jinyoung but as far as I know Jinyoung's kids were human," he said. "From what Jinyoung himself has told me anyway," he added. "I see," said Moonbyul.

"You're taking this well," said Sandeul. "I've noticed that part of you is hesitant with me," said Moonbyul. "Like only half of your feelings for me are actually for me," she said. "But you try, and that's what matters," she added. Sandeul scratched the back of his head. "I'm just preparing you for the future, at least Taehyun isn't in the same situation," he said. "Right," said Moonbyul.

 

~



"You want us to do what?" Asked Junhyuk. "I don't want you to do it," said Taehyun. "I only asked if you wanted to," he said. "I mean," said Yoonsan. "It'd give us a bit more freedom," he added. "Not everyone has to move right away, I still need to ask Moonbyul," said Taehyun. "Right," said Sungwoon.

"Nothing wrong with that," said Timoteo. "You're the first in the pack to find their mate, I wouldn't mind moving to another apartment on the same floor," he said. "I can finally set up a proper surveillance system with monitors for each camera!" Said Yoonsan. "You and your security cameras," snickered Hojung. "But I'm not opposed to it," he added. "I would like to stay here though, I'm still needed for missions so I won't be around much anyway," he said.

"Speaking of, what did Yuvin and Kookheon want?" Asked Taehyun. "They only came to check on me," said Hojung. "Left not long afterwards, they were headed south to check on Wooseok's old pack," he added. "Ah," said Taehyun.

"So who's moving and who's staying?" Asked Yoonsan. "I'll move," said Junhyuk. "Same here," said Timoteo. "Sure," said Sungwoon. "I'm staying, though you know why," said Hojung. "I'm moving also," said Yoonsan. "Alright," said Taehyun. "I'll ask Moonbyul and Sandeul about it in the morning," he added.