Chapter 17

A 'Shifter's Tale

Seungwoo was around for a couple days, as Wontak got to see him before he left for his own missions again. Wontak never had a permanent place to stay, so he usually stayed with people until missions called for him to leave. A rivalry had apparently sparked up between them both, because they took turns in seeing who could induce the most fear into Moonbyul. That was put to an end quickly much to Moonbyul's relief, but she had declared that yes, Seungwoo was scary when he wanted to be.

"Can you two stop trying to scare my mate to death? Good lord," grumbled Sandeul. "That's no way to talk to your superior like that," said Seungwoo as he raised an eyebrow. "Leave it man," said Sandeul. "This is my mate we're talking about," he growled. "Oi," said Wontak. "We stopped alright? I'm just here to get my fix of coffee before I head off to where ever I'm needed next," he said. "Yeah yeah," grumbled Sandeul as he went to make the drinks and handing them both to Seungwoo and Wontak. "Have a good day then," Wontak said, shaking his head before leaving the cafe.

Seungwoo shook his head. "I'd hate to see your reaction when Wooseok walks in," he said. "Those scars on his face really throw people off," he said. "When is he coming again?" Asked Sungwoon. "Next few days I think," said Seungwoo. "The twins and Hwanhee have a mission outside Detroit so he's coming with them," he said.

"Is Seungwoo there?" Came Yoonsan's voice from the walkie. "He is, what is it?" Asked Sandeul as he picked up the walkie and spoke into it. "His packmate is here with 3 others," said Yoonsan. "Send him over?" Asked Sandeul as he blinked. "I'm coming down to get them hold your horses," came Moonbyul's voice.

"I don't think she realizes who we're talking about," Sungwoon said with a snort. "No, Taehyun told her that Wooseok was coming," said Sandeul as he put the walkie down on the counter. "Her exact words were: "look for a guy with scars on his face? Okay," and that was that," he said. "Where is Taehyun anyway?" Asked Seungwoo. "I don't know," said Sungwoon. "He and Hojung had to go do something outside the city," he said.

"Um," said Seungwoo. "Have you seen the scars on his face?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. "I think you need to be introduced to the guy," he said.

"See, this is why I'm less scared of you than Seungwoo," said Moonbyul as she entered the cafe with Wooseok and Hwanhee with Dongmyeong and Xion following behind him. "You don't look scary but Seungwoo just looks scary," she said. "I see," hummed Wooseok, chuckling at the fake offended look he saw Seungwoo give Moonbyul. "After all the time that I've tried to convince you otherwise," Seungwoo said, putting a hand to his chest.

"It's true," Moonbyul said with a pout. "Yeah yeah," Seungwoo said, shaking his head. "Come on, you're helping me check on inventory," said Sungwoon. "Okay," said Moonbyul as she went to help Sungwoon.

"She talks too much," said Dongmyeong as he scratched the back of his head. "You get used to it," Sandeul said with a chuckle. "And I think someone should've given you keys to an empty apartment?" He asked. "Yoonsan did," said Hwanhee as he nodded.

"I'll get your coffee made," said Sandeul as he went to do so. "Make one extra strong please?" Asked Dongmyeong. "Sure," said Sandeul.

 

~



"I don't know how many times I have to tell you, but the reason I keep such a tight hold on Detroit is due to the increased activity on my city," said Taehyun. "Face it Taehyun, you're losing control over your city," said Yuvin's father.

"See, that's where you're wrong," said Taehyun. "Because last I checked, I wasn't the one with vampire problems," he said. "I have the power to say to the team that was sent to help you out to not help out," he said. "Aren't Kookheon and Yuvin still part of my pack technically? That means I can declare a city off limits," he said. "You wouldn't dare," growled Yuvin's father. "Try me," Taehyun said with a smirk as he took out his phone.

"You wouldn't dare," said Yuvin's father. "Detroit is the main city in this state, and you know it," said Taehyun. "You know the deal we made," he added. "So unless you don't want your city to become a hub for vampires, don't be a douche bag," he said.

"Now," said Taehyun. "I'm going to leave, and you leave me and my business alone," he said. "The team you asked for help with is here by the way, so have fun with that," he said, turning and leaving. Hojung followed after him, shaking his head with a sigh.

"I hate dealing with these things," said Taehyun as he drove home with Hojung in the passenger seat. "I know," said Hojung. "But hopefully this is a wakeup call for our neighbors," he said. "I haven't had to declare a city off limits to someone in a good while," Taehyun said with a snort. "Oi, to be fair the reason for Detroit being off limits to Taeseon and his team were justified," said Hojung. "That's true," said Taehyun.

 

~



Seungwoo and Wooseok were still sitting in the cafe when Taehyun arrived with Hojung, with Wooseok waving to Taehyun. "Welcome back," said Sandeul. "How was the trip?" Asked Sungwoon. "Horrible," Taehyun said, sighing. "To be honest I may call the neighboring city off limits due to how Yuvin's father acted today," he said. "Ah, I forgot that Yuvin and Kookheon technically consider themselves part of our pack," hummed Sungwoon.

"What happens when you declare a city off limits?" Asked Moonbyul. "Hunters aren't allowed to go to the city," said Taehyun. "It basically bans vampire or werewolf hunters from going to the city to help them out or whatever," he said. "It's an old loophole," he added. "Vampire hunters and werewolf hunters are supposed to let those who own the territories know they're coming so," he said, shrugging. "Ah, I see," said Moonbyul.

"How much long are you two staying around?" Asked Taehyun as he turned to Wooseok and Seungwoo. "Seungsik's supposed to come to me with some information," said Seungwoo. "So I'll be leaving after that," he added. "I'm just here with Seungwoo," said Wooseok as he shrugged. "Yohan hasn't bombarded us with messages yet so we're chilling for a bit so Seungsik could come over to us," he said. "I see," hummed Taehyun.