Chapter 2

A 'Shifter's Tale

"Who's idea was it to let a new tenant move in?" Asked Timoteo as he looked at Taehyun. "Sungwoon came to me about it," said Taehyun. "I couldn't say no after talking to her," he said. "Yoonsan's not gonna like this," Timoteo said, sighing. "He never liked new people living in the apartment building," agreed Taehyun.

"Why though?" Asked Timoteo. "I dunno," said Taehyun. "I never bothered to ask," he said. "But I'm sure he's realized that we have a new permanent tenant for the time being," he said. "I haven't heard him complain about it yet," said Timoteo. "So not very likely," he added.

"Ah, hyung," said Hojung as he walked over. "What's up?" Asked Taehyun as he turned to Hojung. "We're getting visitors," said Hojung. "Only for missions but," he said, shrugging. "Who is it?" Asked Taehyun. "Hwanhee and the twins," said Hojung. "At least, that's what they're known as now," he added. "Twins?" Asked Taehyun. "Werewolves, and Hwanhee's a shapeshifter," said Hojung. "I um, think we might need to mention it to Yoonsan before he goes berserk," he added.

"Vampire hunters then?" Asked Taehyun. "Yes," said Hojung. "They contacted Kangmin, who told me and I came to tell you," he said. "Well, we can kill two birds with one stone and tell him about the new tenant," said Taehyun. "We have a new tenant?" Asked Hojung. "Yes," said Taehyun. "Well," said Hojung. "That's going to be fun telling Yoonsan," he said.

"When is he coming back from whatever he does in his free time?" Asked Taehyun. "I don't know," said Timoteo. "It's usually around 5 so," he said, shrugging. "We'll tell him then," said Taehyun.

"I find it funny how Sungwoon is the only one to work while we take care of the apartment building," said Junhyuk. "We've always done this though," said Taehyun. "I take care of the bills anyway," said Hojung. "And we make sure things are okay with the building," he added. "They must be burning a pretty sizable hole in your pocket by now," said Timoteo. "No, not even a dent in it," said Hojung. "Interesting," hummed Timoteo.

 

~



When Yoonsan and Sungwoon came back to the apartment Taehyun called a pack meeting, and everyone went to sit in the livingroom. Everyone but Yoonsan knowing what the topics were about, so Taehyun cut straight to the chase.

"Well," said Taehyun. "I'm announcing that we're getting visitors," he said. "Who are they?" Asked Yoonsan as he studied Taehyun's expression. "Hwanhee and two werewolves," said Taehyun. "They're vampire hunters and they're only going to be here for a few days to do their missions," he said. "Hwanhee's a 'shifter?" Asked Yoonsan. Taehyun nodded. "The two werewolves are part of his pack," he said. "They're also twins," he added. "Though why I was told this information I don't know," he said. "I'm sure I'll find out why when they get here," he said. Yoonsan hummed in response.

"You're taking this well," remarked Junhyuk. "Ah, I've come to expect visitors after the Treasure Box faction was formed," said Yoonsan. "Though, I doubt these three are a part of it," he added. "Hwanhee used to be, but he joined a new faction," said Taehyun. "From what I've been told anyway," he added. "I wasn't given the specifics but," he said. Yoonsan hummed. "Is that it?" He asked.

"Well," said Taehyun. "We have a new tenant," he said. Yoonsan blinked, raising an eyebrow in question. "I um... I met her one day while working," said Sungwoon. "I didn't find my mate in her," he added quickly. "But she looked like she needed to get away from her home life before," he said. "Nervous, skittish about everything, the like," he added. "I see," said Yoonsan.

"Is she working currently?" He asked. "At the cafe," said Sungwoon. "Kihyun hired her yesterday," he added. Yoonsan hummed in response.

"You took that better than I expected," Taehyun said, scratching the back of his head. "I noticed the slightest change in your expression, so I knew this was more serious than you let on," said Yoonsan.

"You found your mate in her didn't you?" He asked. "Nothing can get passed you can it?" Asked Taehyun as he sighed. Yoonsan looked sheepish as he scratched the back of his head. "I figured, as soon as you mentioned it," he said. "Who am I to try and separate the two of you?" He asked. "I may be the youngest but I have common sense," he said.

"So when are we getting visitors?" Asked Hojung. "In the next few days," said Taehyun. "I think the apartment beside Kangmin's is empty," said Junhyuk. "We can give them that apartment," he added. "For the time being," he said. "We could," said Taehyun as he nodded.

 

~



The first thing Taehyun noticed when Hwanhee showed up with the twins was how tired one of them looked. "Ah..." He said. "I know why now," he hummed. "It's only temporary," said Hwanhee. "It's not that," said Taehyun. "I'm not saying you're not allowed to stay," he added. "Come on, I'll take you to the apartment," he said.

"You were told briefly of us then?" Asked Hwanhee. "Everyone lets me know who's coming for a visit, Detroit technically belongs to my pack so," said Taehyun as he stopped in front of the door to their apartment. "Here you go," he said, opening the door before handing Hwanhee the keys.

"The only thing I ask is before you leave make sure to clean up," he said, watching as Xion half carried half dragged his brother inside to sleep. "Will do," said Hwanhee. "You won't have much of a problem with us," he added. "There's a coffee shop just down the street, if you want coffee, owned by your neighbors here," he said, gesturing to the apartment door next door. "I'll keep that in mind," said Hwanhee before he nodded. "Anything else?" He asked. "No, enjoy your stay," said Taehyun as he nodded before leaving Hwanhee to unpack.

"Not what I was expecting," said Junhyuk as he met Taehyun on the stairs outside. "No, not what I was expecting either," said Taehyun. "But leave them be, I'm sure we'll get to learn more about them while they're here," he added. "Sungwoon does tend to get information out of people," agreed Junhyuk. "Let's go get groceries then," he said. "Yeah, let's," said Taehyun as they headed to the parking lot to get the truck.