Chapter 11

A 'Shifter's Tale

When Taehyun asked Sandeul and Moonbyul they agreed on moving in. With that everyone in Taehyun's pack except Hojung chose an apartment on the second floor, with Hojung sharing his room with Sandeul. Moonbyul moved into Junhyuk and Timoteo's room, with Timoteo leaving his bed and a dresser along with a desk for her. Yoonsan and Sungwoon decided to share an apartment since Sungwoon would be gone most of the day working anyway. Junhyuk and Timoteo decided to stay roommates also, since it seemed convenient to do so. Dongwoo decided to stay in the apartment he had been given for now, figuring that Jinyoung would be coming back soon enough.
 

~



"So how'd the talk with her go?" Asked Taehyun as he leaned against the counter at the cafe, watching Sandeul make his drink. "Went fine," said Sandeul. "She figured it out immediately anyway," he added. "She knew that my attention was divided but she wasn't sure why until I explained it to her," he said. "I see," said Taehyun.

"So everyone moved to their own place huh?" Asked Jihun as he walked out of the back room. "Well, there were still people being roommates, but yes, pretty much everyone has their own apartment now," said Taehyun. "Kangmin has been thinking of doing that, so that Kihyun and Jisung can be on their own and he and I can be in the apartment," said Jihun.

"If he does decide to do that, talk to me, I think there's an apartment open," said Taehyun. "It is his choice in the matter, apparently he's the leader between your team," he said. "That's true," said Jihun. "He is," he added. "But I think ultimately it comes down to Kihyun and Jisung's decision too," he said. "Kangmin is fine with them in the apartment, but it's really up to them," he said.

"It seems he'd rather have Jisung around," said Sandeul. "More due to growing up with him as he's stated before," he added. "But who knows," he said. "Things could be different for you four," he said.

"So, when is Jinyoung coming back?" Asked Taehyun. "I don't know," said Sandeul. "Last I checked he was checking on the group we're a part of," he said. "Most of the group has their own pack they lead, and they live around Toronto," he said. "I think we're the only ones to do that anyway, Byungchan and the other generals don't live around Toronto," he said, putting Taehyun's order on the counter. Taehyun took the drink and took a sip, nodding.

"So I know that Jinyoung watches the northern territories but what's your involvement in it?" Asked Jihun. "I'm Jinyoung's beta," said Sandeul. "But I'm pretty sure that I'll be replaced soon," he said. "By who?" Asked Taehyun. "Dongwoo," said Sandeul. "The others aren't in the main group anymore, it's just Jinyoung, Dongwoo and I," he said. "Those two are too busy and I'm probably going to be here," he said. "Makes sense," hummed Taehyun.

The walkie talkie sitting on the counter came to life and it was Yoonsan. "Taehyun you got visitors," he said. Taehyun took the walkie talkie and spoke into it. "Who is it?" He asked. "I dunno, they're just standing on the landing," said Yoonsan.

"Who's home right now?" Asked Taehyun. "Junhyuk and I are, do you need us to check it out?" Came Timoteo's voice. "If you can, I'll be over in a minute, I'm down at the cafe," said Taehyun. "Alright," said Timoteo.

"What's Timoteo's role?" Asked Sandeul. "You're starting to recognize voices now," said Taehyun as he chuckled some. "I hang around you too much," Sandeul said with a snort. "Other than being one of my betas he's one of our fighters," said Taehyun. "I see," said Sandeul.

Jihun took the walkie talkie and spoke into it. "Can someone remind Moonbyul that it's her day off today?" He asked. "You forget that I have a walkie too, but thank you for reminding me," came Moonbyul's voice. "Ah, sorry," Jihun said, chuckling awkwardly. "Anything else?" Asked Moonbyul. "You're due for a morning shift, along with Sungwoon," said Jihun. "On it," came Sungwoon's voice, and everyone heard him sigh before it went silent. "I'll be off then," said Taehyun before he left the cafe.

"Gongchan?" Asked Taehyun as he walked over. "Jinyoung got sent out again, Byungchan took his route," said Gongchan as he shrugged. "I assume Jinyoung is moving in?" He asked. "I mean, Sandeul already claims that he lives here," said Taehyun. "I don't think Jinyoung gave any indication that he was moving in," he said.

"His pet is here," said Gongchan. "Dongwoo is here on his own accord," said Taehyun. "Besides, I'd assume that if that was the case he'd've told at least Sandeul. "I see," said Gongchan. "Sorry for any confusion," said Taehyun. "No no," said Gongchan. "It's fine," he said. "I just came to the wrong conclusion," he said.

"So what'd you come here for?" Asked Taehyun as Timoteo and Junhyuk stepped outside. "Oh, it's Gongchan," said Timoteo. "Long time no see," he said. "Was just asked by Byungchan to check Detroit since he knew Sandeul was here with Dongwoo," said Gongchan. "You staying for long?" Asked Taehyun. "A few days if you don't mind, it was a tiring drive," said Gongchan. "Do you mind rooming with Dongwoo then?" Asked Taehyun. "Not at all," said Gongchan. "I'll take you to his room then," said Timoteo. "Lead the way," said Gongchan. Timoteo nodded and walked into the apartment building with Gongchan following after him.

"All this could've been avoided," Junhyuk said with a snort. "I know," said Taehyun as he sighed. "Damn people need to be let known of these kinds of things," he said. "Jinyoung isn't known for letting his group know that he's residing somewhere unfortunately," he added, sighing again. "Mm," said Junhyuk.

"How's living in a new apartment going for you?" Asked Taehyun. "Been fine, it's basically the same as before to be honest, but with less crowding in the apartment," said Junhyuk. "Well, at least the apartment smells like pine forest now," Taehyun said with a shake of his head. "The human doesn't smell it," Junhyuk said with a snicker. "Of course not," Taehyun said, shaking his head before heading inside.