Chapter 13

A 'Shifter's Tale

"It's funny, Eunki wasn't my first contact within the vampire world," said Taehyun as he was washing windows again with Sandeul. "Really? Who was your first contact?" Asked Sandeul. "Well, I can guarantee it wasn't Mashiho," said Taehyun as he shrugged. "I doubt you'd know the guy but," he added. "Mm," said Sandeul.

"His name was Youngbin," said Taehyun. "I believe he's still alive, but I'm not entirely sure," he said. "From asking around apparently Daniel killed him or something? But I doubt it," he said. "Eunki answers to him, as do a lot of other more well known vampires," he said.

"If Eunki showed up then Youngbin will?" Asked Sandeul. "It's a possibility," said Taehyun. "We'll see what happens within the next few days," he said, moving to the next window. Sandeul hummed and moved to the next window on his side of the building.

 

~



"Taehyun, you have a visitor," came Yoonsan's voice through the walkie talkie. "I'm on it," Taehyun said into the walkie talkie as he left his apartment. It was a rare occasion where he was alone for once, Sandeul having had to go back to Toronto for something important and Moonbyul was working.

"Youngbin," said Taehyun as he stepped outside. "Hello," said Youngbin as he grinned. "What brings you here?" Asked Taehyun. "Eunki stopped by for a bit I heard," said Youngbin. "I was also here to check on that blood den, it seems your resident hunter took care of it," he said.

"What, did it belong to you?" Asked Taehyun. "Nah, marked humans were in it apparently, but they were moved it looks like," said Youngbin. "A team will be sent to track them down I'm sure," said Taehyun. "I'm sure they're already on it," said Youngbin.

"What information did you bring me?" Asked Taehyun. "The person you're looking for has been found," said Youngbin. "It's not my place to look for him though, so send someone who can," he said. "Which means they're a werewolf," said Taehyun. "Yep," said Youngbin. "I tend to avoid you 'shifters and werewolves regardless but," he said, shrugging. "You've been good to me though," he added.

"I think I'm one of very few 'shifters who use your side of the information network for information," said Taehyun. "That you are," said Youngbin.

"So other than passing on information, what did you come over for?" asked Taehyun. "Eunki stopped by," said Youngbin. "I had to see what he was up to after he handed me the info you had given him," he said. "Ah, I see," said Taehyun. "So he passed the job onto you?" He asked. "For the moment," said Youngbin.

"Staying around or moving on?" Asked Taehyun. "I'll be moving on after hunting," said Youngbin. "That is, if I'm allowed to," he added. "One human," said Taehyun. "I can't risk another blood den showing up," he said. "Fine with me," said Youngbin as he nodded. "I'll be out of the city in about two hours then," he said. "I'll pass on a message when I leave," he said. "Alright," said Taehyun. Youngbin nodded and left, heading off to find a meal. Taehyun shook his head and headed back inside.

 

~



"Taehyun, you have a visitor," came Kihyun's voice through the walkie talkie. "Again?" Asked Taehyun as he blinked, grabbing the walkie talkie and speaking into it. "Who is it?" He asked. "Yuvin," said Kihyun. "I'll be right over," said Taehyun before he put the walkie on his belt and went to grab his shoes and phone. He headed out and went to the cafe.

"You're the first non-vampire visitor in a while," said Taehyun as he entered the cafe. Yuvin snorts. "Oi, I'm just as important as those in your information network," he said. "Of course you are," Taehyun said with a teasing grin. Yuvin shook his head and went to sit down in a booth after getting his drink and Taehyun joined him, sitting across from him.

"What brings you here? I hope none of our werewolf friends were causing trouble," said Taehyun. "No," said Yuvin. "Kookheon has a break from missions so we decided to head home, I'm not done with them yet but I came over with him for a visit," he said. "Ah that's right, you have family here in Michigan," hummed Taehyun.

"Word around the network that Sandeul's staying permanently," said Yuvin. "He is," said Taehyun. "What convinced him to do that?" Asked Yuvin. "He found his mate," said Taehyun. "Ah, that makes sense," said Yuvin.

"How long you staying around for?" Asked Taehyun. "A few days, it's nice to have a break," said Yuvin. "But we'll be staying with family, so I'm heading back after our little chat," he added. "That's fine," said Taehyun. "I wasn't going to offer an apartment, it's full," he said. "Really? How many more tenants did you get?" Asked Yuvin. "Just your typical human tenants," said Taehyun. "Ah, I see," said Yuvin.

"Any interesting hunts lately?" Asked Taehyun as he left the cafe with Yuvin. "Not really," said Yuvin. "Been rather boring lately," he said. "I haven't had a good brawl with a werewolf in months," he said, sighing a bit. Taehyun hummed in response.

"By the way, my father says to stop keeping such a tight hold on Detroit, it's causing his pack to become nervous," said Yuvin. "I'm sorry, I had to tighten my hold on Detroit when a blood den popped up in the city," said Taehyun. "I know I control most of the vampire side of the information network but they should know the rules by now," he said, shaking his head.

"That's what Kookheon told him," said Yuvin. "But since my father lives in a smaller city they don't have that problem," he said. "He blames you for the recent increase in vampire activity," he said. "I've only had two vampires come through the city, it's not like an entire army is here," grumbled Taehyun. "I'll tell him that," said Yuvin.

"Well, I'll see you around then," said Taehyun. "See you," said Yuvin as he nodded before walking off. Taehyun shook his head and headed back to his apartment.

 

~



"Taehyun you have a visitor," came Yoonsan's voice. "Again? What the hell?" Asked Taehyun as he went to grab the walkie and speak into it. "Who is it?" He asked. "Yuvin and his brother," said Yoonsan. "Alright I'm on my way out," said Taehyun before he put the walkie on his belt and went to grab his phone and put on his shoes. He headed out to the entrance, spotting Kookheon and Yuvin.

"Hey you two," said Taehyun. "Sorry for coming by unannounced but I'm heading back to doing my missions," said Yuvin. "I've had visitors all week," Taehyun said, scratching the back of his head. "So who knows who comes by next," he said.

"More vampires?" Asked Yuvin. "A team that came by to find out where that blood den leads actually," said Taehyun. "Ah, I see," said Yuvin. "We're heading out, so," he said, shrugging. "Good luck on your missions then," said Taehyun.

Yuvin nodded and turned to Kookheon. "Ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah," Kookheon said, sighing. "Missions are a pain in the ," he said. "I know the feeling," Taehyun said with a chuckle. "See you around," he said. Yuvin nodded and left with Kookheon.