Chapter 12

A 'Shifter's Tale

There was something about the new arrangement that made Taehyun, Sandeul, and Moonbyul's relationship move forward. An unspoken agreement went on between the three of them, one that certainly told the others that the three were fine with the way things were going and everyone seemed to be okay with it.

It seemed that the werewolves that were in Sandeul's group were gone again, as once Jinyoung told them that Sandeul would be staying permanently everyone seemed to disappear, including Dongwoo who had gone to meet up with Jinyoung after Sandeul told him it was okay and he would be fine.

 

~



"Taehyun, you have a visitor," came Sungwoon's voice as Taehyun was making lunch. Taehyun blinked, looking over at Sandeul, who was leaning against the counter and shrugged, having no idea who it was. Sandeul went to grab the walkie talkie and spoke into it. "Who is it?" He asked. "His name is Eunki?" Asked Sungwoon.

"Ah... Another contact of mine," hummed Taehyun. "What do you want me to say?" Asked Sandeul. "Tell Sungwoon to send him over to the apartment, and ask if someone could bring him to the door, I'm making lunch," said Taehyun. Sandeul relayed the message, and it was Kangmin who answered, saying that he'd bring Eunki up to the apartment before heading out for the day.

"Is Moonbyul there? She has work in an hour," said Sungwoon. "I'm just down the street getting some... Things," came Moonbyul's voice. "I'll be over in a bit after I get done shopping," she said. "Alright," said Sungwoon and the line went quiet.

"I forget that she's human sometimes," hummed Sandeul, earning a snort from Taehyun. "I'm used to it, from the female tenants we sometimes have," said Taehyun. "Errand running has us get some rather weird things," he said. "Mm," said Sandeul.

The walkie came to life again, and it was Yoonsan. "He's here," he said. "I'm going to get him," came Kangmin's voice before it went quiet again.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and Sandeul went to answer it, nodding to Kangmin who moved to let Eunki inside. "Do you need anything?" Asked Kangmin. "I'm fine here," said Sandeul. "No, we're good," called Taehyun. "Alright," said Kangmin before he left and Sandeul closed the door.

"What brings you around Eunki?" Asked Taehyun as he turned off the stove to let the food cool down a bit as he went to get plates. "Word around the information network says that you're looking for a relative," said Eunki. "That's not news," said Taehyun as he turned to Eunki.

"I may have found your guy," said Eunki. "I'm listening," said Taehyun as he went to put food on the plates, offering one to Eunki who declined the plate but went to lean against the counter. Sandeul got his own plate of food and started eating, waiting on Eunki to say something. Taehyun took the declined plate and started eating.

"Based on the information you gave me, your guy is somewhere in the states," said Eunki. "Where, I'm not completely sure," he said. "But I'll keep looking for him or her," he said. "You may need to contact Wooseok and get something from him hm?" Asked Taehyun. "Nah, I can find your guy, it'll just take a bit longer," said Eunki.

"What brings you here?" Asked Sandeul. "Other than passing on information? I have other jobs," said Eunki. "A blood den popped up in the city it seems," he said. "Kangmin talked about having something to do today, so it seems he's after the blood den," said Taehyun. "I was here scouting the area before going to the cafe," said Eunki. "You got a nice little hole in the wall spot," he said. "A good spot to get information," said Taehyun. "A lot of hunters pass through it seems," agreed Eunki.

"Staying for a few days?" Asked Taehyun. "Unfortunately not," said Eunki. "I have another place to check up on, Jaehyun is not going to be happy to see me but," he said, shrugging. "You cause them a lot of trouble," said Taehyun, earning a snort from Eunki. "I'm just doing my job," said Eunki.

"Well, I'm going to go," said Eunki as he pushed away from the counter. "It was nice catching up," he said. "See you around," said Taehyun as he went to open the door for Eunki. Eunki nodded and left, Taehyun closing the door behind him.

"What the hell was a vampire doing here?" Asked Sandeul once Taehyun turned back to Sandeul. "What, you're surprised?" Asked Taehyun. "It's just odd to see one in a city owned by a pack of 'shifters," said Sandeul.

"Eunki is one of very few that I trust not to immediately go on a killing spree," said Taehyun. "He doesn't hunt animals, but he keeps his kills to one person per hunt," he said. "He's one of very few human drinking vampires who refuse blood dens, and actually helps hunters find them," he said. "I see," said Sandeul.

 

~



"How was work?" Asked Taehyun when Moonbyul entered the apartment. "Went fine," said Moonbyul. "Hojung doing missions again?" She asked as she noticed that he was absent. "Yep," said Sandeul as he nodded.

"I'm surprised it took you this long to notice," said Taehyun. "I'm sorry, I never notice these things," said Moonbyul, earning chuckles from Taehyun and Sandeul. "It's alright, Hojung's always like this," said Taehyun. "An introvert?" Asked Moonbyul.

"Well, he's the youngest in the pack," said Taehyun. "He's always kept to himself due to that," he said. "I see," said Moonbyul. "He's a good kid don't get me wrong," said Taehyun. "It'll take a bit for him to warm up to you is all," he said.

"We talk sometimes," said Sandeul. "I tend to keep to myself too but he doesn't mind that," he said. "As long as we keep our sides of the room clean anyway," he added. Moonbyul hummed in response.