Epilogue

A 'Shifter's Tale

"It's crazy to think how far we've come in these past few months," said Taehyun as he looked out over the city from the balcony of his new apartment in a more populated part of town. "I never thought I'd see the day that we'd be able to get a new building too," he said. "I know," said Sandeul. "This one even has balconies," he said.

"We can thank Kris for that," said Taehyun. "I did ask for a favor," said Sandeul. "At least he was able to grant you the favor," said Taehyun. "How long did you have that apartment building anyway?" Asked Sandeul. "Since the 80's," said Taehyun. "I see," said Sandeul. "So it's a relatively older building," he said. "Pretty much," said Taehyun. "It was the first building we got after Detroit was purged of all their werewolves," he said. Sandeul hummed in response.

 

~




"We even got a better cafe location," said Moonbyul as she looked around the new cafe location. "I like it," said Jihun as he examined the counter space. "So much more room to make drinks," he said. "When do we open?" Asked Moonbyul. "I think we moved everything, so tomorrow first thing," said Jihun. "We're going to need everyone in for work it seems," he said. "Everyone including Sungwoon huh?" Asked Moonbyul. "Pretty much," said Jihun. "It's safe to have everyone then to be understaffed," he said.

"I guess we're good then?" Asked Moonbyul. "Yeah, until tomorrow," said Jihun. "Come in early, even if we setup we need to be able to have time to prepare," he said. "I'll drag Sungwoon over," said Moonbyul. "And make sure Hyojin comes along," she added. "Alright, see you in the morning," said Jihun.

"What time do you want me to come in?" Asked Moonbyul. "7," said Jihun. "We open at 9 so two hours to get ready," he said. "Alright," said Moonbyul.

 

~




"What, you guys are still here?" Asked Taehyun as he opened the door to spot Seungwoo and Wooseok standing in the hallway. "We're actually here to let you know that we're leaving," said Wooseok. "It was a nice vacation while it lasted, now Yohan needs us," he said. "Where were you guys staying?" Asked Taehyun. "With Kangmin's team," said Seungwoo as he shrugged. "Ah, I see," hummed Taehyun.

"Not gonna be around for the new cafe opening?" He asked. "No, we really need to head back," said Wooseok. "Stay safe then," said Taehyun. Wooseok nodded and left with Seungwoo and Taehyun closed the door.

"I think they needed that vacation," said Sandeul as he walked out of the kitchen. "It'd seem so," hummed Taehyun as he turned to Sandeul. "The cafe's opening tomorrow," he said. "Yeah, I know," said Sandeul. "We'll have even more humans coming through," he said. "It's what we get for moving into a busier part of town," he said, chuckling some. "Yeah," hummed Taehyun as he went to sit down on the couch. "Lunch will be ready in a bit," said Sandeul before he walked back into the kitchen. "Alright," said Taehyun.

 

~




"I finally remembered my roommate's name!" Said Moonbyul as she sat on the couch with Taehyun and Sandeul, watching a movie. "What was it?" Asked Taehyun. "Seoho," said Moonbyul. Taehyun blinked. "Oh, oh no," he said, getting up to go grab his phone to message Xiao.

"I don't think Wontak's going to get punished," said Sandeul. "I mean, I remember Hwanhee saying he wasn't a part of their pack anymore," he said. "I'm just making sure," said Taehyun. "We need to be sure," he added. "Wontak's a good kid, he doesn't deserve to be punished like that," he said. "Neither does Yuvin," he said. "Since it was his mission in the first place," he added, coming back to sit down next to Moonbyul and putting his phone in his lap.

"Let's watch this movie until then," said Sandeul. "I need to get you two into this drama I started watching the other night," said Taehyun as he pressed play on the remote. "What's it about?" Asked Sandeul. "A pair of twins that get into some serious trouble because of this weird psychic link they have," said Taehyun. "It's what I've managed to gather after watching the first episode anyway," he added. "Huh," said Sandeul. "Sounds interesting," said Moonbyul.

"It's got werewolves too, it's like they took the twins' and Hwanhee and made a drama out of it," said Taehyun. "Maybe they are starring in it?" Asked Moonbyul. "Doubtful," said Taehyun as he got a message from Xiao. "The three of them are home right now," he said. "And Wontak is fine," he said. "So he won't get punished," said Moonbyul. "No, he won't," said Taehyun. "That's good," said Moonbyul.

 

~




The cafe reopening was a blast, as Moonbyul had to drag Sungwoon, Hyojin and Sandeul down to the workplace to make sure they were able to keep up with the influx of customers. The apartments were just above the cafe, which that was fine with everyone. Taehyun was able to keep the original building, and that was given to Yuvin's pack while the third building he had was sold.

It had been fine with everyone, because Taehyun was getting tired of having to deal with human tenants and kept the original building for them and any visitors they got who were going to stay for more than a few days.

Taehyun walked into the cafe after the rush kind of slowed down, noticing that Wontak was there with Eunki enjoying a cup of fresh coffee and grinned at them. "Hey you two," he said. "Hello," said Wontak as he grinned in greeting. Eunki nodded in greeting. "Busy day huh?" Asked Taehyun as he turned to the counter where Sandeul was. "Yeah, been pretty busy," said Sandeul.

"A successful day I'd say," said Kihyun as he walked out of the back room. "When did you get back from missions?" Asked Taehyun as he turned to Kihyun. "A few days ago, was helping Jisung and Kangmin order more stuff to restock the back room," said Kihyun. "Ah, I see," said Taehyun.

 

~




As the day ended Moonbyul and Sandeul headed back up to the apartment with Taehyun, going to start on the drama that Taehyun had talked about. "It's been a long day," said Moonbyul. "At least it was a good one," said Sandeul.

"I got the popcorn," said Moonbyul. "It'll take a minute to get the drama pulled up, take your time," said Taehyun as he went to grab his laptop and plug it into the TV via HDMI cable. He pulled up the website and went to grab the wireless keyboard, putting it in his lap as he sat on the couch. Moonbyul soon came back with popcorn and Sandeul joined them in front of the couch with his own bowl of popcorn. "Ready?" Asked Taehyun. "Yeah," said Moonbyul. "Yep," said Sandeul. Taehyun pressed play, sitting back and relaxing into the couch as he ate some popcorn from the bowl he was sharing with Moonbyul.

"Wow," said Moonbyul when the first episode finished. "Right? This is crazy already," said Taehyun. "Jin and Been are already hitting me in the feels and I don't even know them," said Moonbyul. "Jesus, this I'd hate to get in the way of those two and their mentor," said Sandeul. "Next episode?" Asked Taehyun. "Let's watch it," said Moonbyul.