Chapter 16

A 'Shifter's Tale

Wontak being around was odd to Moonbyul, as she never really interacted with any hunters. Jihun and the others didn't count. She never got involved in their business, same with Hojung. But this involved her old roommate, therefore Wontak bombarded her with tons of questions about him whenever they saw each other at the cafe.

"Oh, I already got the mission over with," said Wontak when Moonbyul asked if he did the mission already. "I'm just trying to figure out why he decided to live in a city that's pretty much off limits to werewolves who aren't associated with Kris, the werewolf/vampire hunting associations, or Taehyun himself," he said, shrugging.

"He had to have some tie here right?" Asked Jihun. "Otherwise he wouldn't be here," he said. "Right," said Wontak. "Well, I've already told you everything I know about him," said Moonbyul. "If I get yelled at because he suddenly works for Kris or is part of the vampire or werewolf hunting association somehow I'm going to be pissed," growled Wontak.

 

~



"Taehyun you have a visitor," came Yoonsan's voice. "What the hell is with all the visitors lately?" Asked Taehyun. "Byungchan's been rather busy, so everyone is coming to you," said Sandeul. "What the hell?" Asked Taehyun. Sandeul shrugged. Taehyun grabbed the walkie and spoke into it.

"Who is it?" Asked Taehyun. "Seungsik," said Yoonsan. "The hell does he want?" Asked Taehyun as he blinked in confusion. "I'll be right down," he said into the walkie before putting it on his belt and going to grab his shoes, putting them on and heading out of the apartment and downstairs. Sandeul followed after him.

"What is it Seungsik?" Asked Taehyun as he stepped out the front door. "I come with some news," said Seungsik. "Your werewolf that Wontak was sent after isn't a part of any known packs," he said. "Therefore he was a lone wolf living in my city?" Asked Taehyun. Seungsik nodded. Taehyun sighed. "Alright then, thank you," he said. "Anything else?" He asked.

"Byungchan said that Seungwoo might stop by, since he and Wooseok had to head to Boston for something," said Seungsik. "I see," said Taehyun. "I think it's for me," said Sandeul. "Jinyoung got sent to Europe again," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Seungwoo is a good guy," hummed Taehyun. "I'm still surprised he took up the offer to join a pack of 'shifters," he said. "It's strange to me too," Seungsik said, shrugging.

"Also, why isn't everyone going to Toronto?" Asked Taehyun. "Byungchan isn't there, and Chani specifically said that it was off limits to people unless they were there for hunts or information," said Seungsik. "Kris actually agreed to it," he added. "They're having a problem with vampires then?" Asked Taehyun. "Apparently so," said Seungsik. "The others in Byungchan's side of the pack are keeping an eye on things around the city," he said.

"You became the errand boy then?" Asked Taehyun. "For the moment," hummed Seungsik. "I should get going then," he said. "Have a safe trip back," said Taehyun. Seungsik nodded, turning and leaving.

"Well," said Sandeul. "At least we're not having a problem with vampires," he said. "I guess," Taehyun said with a sigh. "The only vampire stupid enough to stop by is Eunki anyway," he said with a snicker, earning a snort from Sandeul.

"But in all seriousness, if a vampire stops by, it's normally with information," said Taehyun. "They don't hunt here, and even if they did, they're stuck to one human in the city," he said. "With Kangmin staying in the city with his team, it keeps vampires from even trying to go for more than one," he added. "That blood den just put a thorn in my side," he said, sighing. "Detroit has been werewolf free for years though," he added. "Kangmin and his team are the first werewolves to be around in a long time," he said.

 

~



Seungwoo showing up scared the hell out of Moonbyul. The aura he carried just screamed that he was danger despite the reassurances from everyone that he was harmless, unless someone pissed him off of course.

"Um," Moonbyul said into the walkie. "We have someone scary over at the cafe," she said, earning a raised eyebrow from Seungwoo. "It's probably Seungwoo, hand the walkie to him?" Asked Taehyun. Moonbyul handed him the walkie, looking slightly apologetic. Seungwoo shook his head and took the walkie, speaking into it.

"Am I really that scary?" Asked Seungwoo. Taehyun laughs. "No, Moonbyul was like that when Wontak was around," he said. "I'll be over in a few minutes, are you alone Moonbyul?" He asked. Seungwoo handed her the walkie, shrugging as he put his hands in his pockets. "Except for Seungwoo here, I'm alone," said Moonbyul. "It's been a quiet day so Jihun went to get lunch," she said.

"Also, Sungwoon you have work, you're late," she said. "God damn it, I forgot, I'll head over with Taehyun," came Sungwoon's voice. "I'm already out the door, hurry up," said Taehyun. Sungwoon could be heard cursing before it got quiet.

"I'm sorry," said Moonbyul. "It's alright," said Seungwoo. "I know I can be intimidating, but believe me I'm harmless," he said, going to sit down.

Taehyun arrived with Sungwoon a few minutes later with Sungwoon immediately going to work behind the counter. Moonbyul shook her head at Sungwoon before going to clean up the counter in front of the register.

"So, what brings you around here?" Asked Taehyun as he sat in front of Seungwoo. "My pack has been rather busy with you it looks like," said Seungwoo. "Only Hanse and more recently Seungsik," said Taehyun. "I asked Byungchan to find someone for me, and he got too busy so he sent someone else to do it," he said. "I see," said Seungwoo.

"What, did you get an earful from Hanse when he was over there?" Asked Taehyun. "No, Byungchan had stopped by for a couple days before going deeper into Europe for a pack finding mission," said Seungwoo. "Who hired him for that?" Asked Taehyun. "Yohan actually," said Seungwoo. "It's why Yohan let Wooseok and I come back to the states for a bit," he said. Taehyun hummed in response.

"Where's Wooseok anyway?" Asked Taehyun. "He's visiting his old pack to see how things are," said Seungwoo. "Yohan thinks he can handle things for a bit so he gave us a break," he said. "Ah, I see," said Taehyun.