Chapter 19

A 'Shifter's Tale

It surprised Taehyun, on how easy it was to take the neighboring city and turn it into a hub for vampires to hunt. Yuvin himself took his place as rightful alpha to his father's pack and most left, leaving six members of the pack left. Taehyun granted them access to the city, and Yuvin had left the pack to Chunjin who was the second oldest between the members of their new pack as a whole. Kookheon had stayed around to make sure things were set for the pack before going to join his brother on their batches of missions, meeting up with Wontak.

"Well, that went smoothly," said Taehyun as he flopped down on the couch with a sigh, joining Sandeul and Moonbyul who were watching a movie. "I'm surprised they didn't put up that big of a fight," said Sandeul. "From what it looked like I think they were expecting it," said Moonbyul. "I overheard Yuvin and Kookheon talking about throwing their father off his throne," she said. "Yeah, that makes sense," said Taehyun.

 

~



"Is the amount of people showing up ever going to die down? Jesus," said Taehyun as he was told he was having a visitor outside the apartment building. He grabbed his shoes and put them on, making sure he had his walkie and phone before leaving the apartment and heading downstairs.

"What is it Jinyoung?" He asked as he spotted Jinyoung outside. "Ah, I was stopping by to let you know that Toronto is cleared," said Jinyoung. "It seems all your vampires were going there," he said. "My vampires?" Asked Taehyun. "You act like I own them," he said with a snort. "But that's fine," he said. "I was getting tired of seeing random people show up only for them to wait on other people," he said.

"By the way," said Jinyoung. "One of the guys from my section of the pack are going to be staying here since Sandeul has announced that he's staying here permanently," he said. "What's his name?" Asked Taehyun. "Hyojin," said Jinyoung. "He won't get in the way, but he will need a place to stay," he said. "Hm..." Hummed Taehyun as he nodded.

"That's all then, I'll be heading back to Toronto," said Jinyoung. "When shall I be expecting Hyojin?" Asked Taehyun. "Within the next couple days," said Jinyoung. "Alright," said Taehyun.

 

~



"Oh, Hyojin's coming to stay with us?" Asked Sandeul as he blinked, taking on the phone with Jinyoung before he had to head to the cafe. "MK would but he got sent out on missions," said Jinyoung. "No, that's fine," said Sandeul. "I wasn't expecting Kris to tell you to send someone to stay with me," he said. "And when did MK become a hunter?" He asked. "A few months ago, while I was checking Europe," said Jinyoung. "Mashiho asked Kris and Kris sent word out to everyone, MK and a few others from Byungchan's side joined the Treasure Box faction," he said. "I see," hummed Sandeul.

"Oi, Sandeul your friend is here," came Yoonsan's voice from the walkie. "I'll be right down," said Sandeul as he sighed. "I'll see you around Jinyoung," he said. "Yeah, see you," said Jinyoung before Sandeul hung up the call. Sandeul sighed and got up, grabbing the walkie and hooking it to his belt before grabbing his shoes and putting them on. After making sure he had his phone he headed out of the apartment and downstairs.

"You're looking well," said Hyojin. "Hey Hyojin," said Sandeul. "I'm not sure where Taehyun's gonna have you stay but you can come put your stuff in the apartment before I need to head out to work," he said. "Alright," said Hyojin.

Wontak was leaning against the counter talking with Moonbyul when Sandeul walked in, with Sandeul raising an eyebrow at the sight. "Hey Sandeul," said Wontak as he grinned. "I was waiting on my order," he said. "So I struck up a conversation," he said. "I see," said Sandeul.

"Hello Hyojin!" Said Wontak as he grinned. "Been quite a while hm?" He asked. "It seems so," Hyojin said with a snort. "I'm happy to see you stayed out of trouble," he said. "Oh believe me, the crap with the recent missions were annoying as hell," said Wontak. "I'm glad to be done with them," he said.

"You're checking inventory again," said Moonbyul as she handed Wontak's drink to him. "I hate checking inventory," groaned Sandeul as he went to do so. "Where's Jihun?" He called from the backroom. "Missions," said Moonbyul. "Sungwoon was supposed to be here but he's late," she said.

"I'll take his spot for a bit, I helped out a lot at Yuto's spot in Toronto," said Hyojin. "Just man the register," said Moonbyul. Hyojin nodded and went to get an apron before going to do so.

Taehyun came into the cafe, dragging Sungwoon with him by the shirt collar. "I had to drag this one out of bed," he said, shoving Sungwoon over to the counter. "I'm sorry, I forgot I had work today," said Sungwoon as he sighed. "Help me clean the machines," said Moonbyul. "Yeah, yeah," said Sungwoon as he went to grab an apron before going to do so.

"You must be the new guy that Jinyoung sent over," said Taehyun as he noticed Hyojin. "Name's Hyojin," said Hyojin as he nodded. "I figured it was you, no one else from Jinyoung's side of the pack has showed up in a few weeks," said Taehyun.

"You know me then?" Asked Hyojin. "One of your packmates stopped by, MK? Kangmin was the one to get his initiation mission," said Taehyun. "He told me who was coming over," he said. "I see," said Hyojin.

"Well," said Taehyun. "We don't have an apartment open right now so you'll be with Sandeul and Hojung," he said. "That is, if you're fine with sharing rooms," he added. "No, I'm fine with that," said Hyojin. "Okay, that's that then," said Taehyun as he nodded.

 

~



Things were different now, for Taehyun, Moonbyul and Sandeul. Sandeul was there for Moonbyul as much as he could be, but Moonbyul understood that when he found his pure blood mate things would be different for them. Taehyun on the other hand was fine with it, as he only had one mate, and wasn't going to blame Sandeul when he found his pure blood mate.

For now the dynamic mostly stayed the same, and Hojung moved into another apartment as soon as one opened up with Hyojin who now worked at the cafe, taking Sungwoon's place as Sungwoon helped Yoonsan with the camera system so that Yoonsan could sleep more than a few hours. Together they replaced the cameras and bought high quality ones that now recorded sounds for the people needing to talk to anyone in the building.

Junhyuk and Timoteo continued to be Taehyun's betas, keeping an eye on things while Taehyun was taking information from his side of the information network in the neighboring city. He had the compromise as long as they didn't take his city, and Yuvin's pack moved into another building that Taehyun owned in Detroit, going with the same rules as Taehyun did with the human clients that were moving in and out of the building every few months.

 

~



"Long day?" Asked Moonbyul as Taehyun entered the cafe. "Yeah," Taehyun said, sighing as he went up to the register to order the usual. "Just you today?" He asked. "Nah, Sandeul's in the back doing inventory," said Moonbyul. "I see," hummed Taehyun as he handed over the money to pay for his drink. Moonbyul rung up the order and handed back the change, immediately going to make the drink.

"How's the network doing?" Asked Sandeul as he walked out of the backroom. "Fine," said Taehyun. "I'm just tired from having to deal with them right now," he said. "Take a break, I'm sure no one would mind," he said. "Your betas know how to run the network," he said. "Hm," said Taehyun. "I may do that," he said.