Ohana

하늘하늘 ( Sky! Sky! )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though partners do not undergo the dramatic physical changes of pregnancy, they have their own challenges and uncertainties. Many partners have feelings of joy and excitement, as well as anxiety and ambivalence.

"Are you sure you can handle everything unnie?" Wheein said with a concerned look.

"Of course, who you think I am. Don't worry and enjoy your vacation." Yongsun said firmly while pushing Wheein toward the door.

Hyejin was standing at the door with their luggage in her hands. "We're worried because it's you."

"Yah what do you mean?" Yongsun stumped her feet like an unhappy kid. Byulyi laughed at her childlike lover and caressed her back lightly to soothe her. Then she gave the maknaes a warm smile.

"We're gonna be okay. I think you two should go now. You may miss your flight."

The maknaes were going to have a 5-days-4-nights trip to Hawaii for their honeymoon. After having lunch, they were ready to leave for the airport. The new girl group had been sent to another company to have a small competition for a week so they didn't have to worry about the work. The only thing they were worried about was how their Yongsun-unnie would take care of Byulyi.

Taking care of Byulyi had become their priority since Byulyi got pregnant. It was not only Yongsun's job but the maknaes also helped her a lot. Since Byulyi entered her second trimester, they had fewer things to worry but more jobs to do. They had fewer things to worry because the second trimester was a stable stage, the risk of miscarriage has dropped dramatically, and Byulyi finally came out of the fog of exhaustion and morning sickness. But the second trimester of pregnancy was also when the baby was continuing in rapid growth and development so they had to prepare more extra meals. Because Yongsun usually had to work in the afternoon while the maknaes almost only had to work in the morning, they took care of Byulyi's every meal except for the breakfast. Now it became what they concerned the most.

 Before Byulyi got pregnant, the main chefs in this house were Hyejin and Byulyi. But after Byulyi had been hospitalized due to over-working and they found out her pregnancy, they did not allow Byulyi to cook or do any housework anymore. Like Wheein, Yongsun was not a good chef. Maybe she was a little better as she not only could cook instant ramen like the pup but also could boil and fry eggs, use a toaster to make toasts but the most complicated dish she could cook was only the kimchi fried rice. And it was not enough to cook a meal for a pregnant woman.

The nerd Wheein, by reading many pregnancy books, had volunteered to take care of nutrition matters, including the menu of each meal and supplement needs.

"I have written down menus for the next 5 days. All of the ingredients are in the fridge. And the vitamins…."

"Okay okay, I got it. I can handle everything, just believe me. You will miss your flight for real if you don't move in 5 minutes." Yongsun impatiently urged them to leave when Wheein was still talking incessantly to remind her.

"Oh my god, you're right." Wheein got panicked as she glanced at the watch. "Mansaeng-ah, auntie's gonna miss you so much." The pup rubbed her face cutely on Byulyi's baby bump and kissed it a few times, not wanting to let go.

"Auntie will miss you too." Hyejin said in a sad voice while caressing Byulyi's belly gently.

"Why are you two so dramatic? It's only 5 days." Yongsun shook her head at the cheesy farewell while Byulyi was caressing the two's hairs cherishingly.

 "We're going now. I have already cooked food for the dinner, you only have to warm them up unnie."

"I have placed the snack and supplement pills for Byul-unnie this noon on the table in the living room.  Make sure to let her drink at least 1 hour before the dinner unnie."

The maknaes kept reminding Yongsun until they got in their car.

"I got it, I got it. Have fun." Yongsun waved her hands, wanting them to leave quickly.

"Have a nice trip." Byulyi smiled warmly.

"Call us whenever you need help unnie." Wheein tried to say last words before their car disappeared from the unnies' view.

"Finally they're gone." Yongsun said in relief.

"Why are you so happy?" Byulyi chuckled at her wife.

"Of course I'm happy. From now it's just the two of us. Finally I can be alone with my wife and baby."  Yongsun smiled widely like a kid getting a treat. "Let's take a nap, I'm sleepy." She let out a yawn and led Byulyi to their room.

.

Thanks to the maknaes' well preparation, Yongsun could take care of Byulyi with ease on the first day. She just followed everything the maknaes had said: snack, supplement pills, dinner, snack. Yongsun thought that the two were just overthinking, she could do everything by herself well. She was also happy that she could cuddle with her wife all the time without being interrupted. They enjoyed their peaceful moment together, which didn't last long.

  Everything seemed to go smoothly till the next morning. They had a day off today, and Yongsun had already planned to cuddle with her wife all day, to compensate all the time she was parted with her wife by the maknaes. Yongsun was used to cooking breakfast almost every day because the maknaes always went to work early so preparing breakfast was not a big deal for her.

"See. I can handle everything well. The kids are worried about nothing." Yongsun said proudly after placing two dishes with toasters and fry eggs on the table and settled herself on the seat beside Byulyi.

"You're right. Our Yongdonnie is the best." Byulyi's compliment made Yongsun grin wider.

"Can I have a reward kiss?"

"Why do you smile like an idiot?" Byulyi chuckled at her wife before giving her a light kiss.

Satisfied with the reward, Yongsun enjoyed her food happily. "It's too easy." Yongsun thought inside. Little did she know, the real struggles were coming.

"Take iron supplement one hour before the meal." Yongsun mumbled while reading the note. Wheein and Hyejin had written down a note of things-to-do in 5 days for Yongsun, including daily routines and menus for each meal. "Where is the iron supplement?"

Normally, Wheein always put the supplements for each time together with that time's snack so even when Wheein was not home, they could easily get them right. But now Yongsun had to find them by herself.

"Do you need help? What are you looking for?" Byulyi asked while resting on the couch. Recently her feet began to get swollen, which was a normal symptom in the second trimester, but it made her uncomfortable when walking or standing for a long time.

"Oh here it is. It's okay, just sit still." Yongsun grabbed a bottle from the drawer in the kitchen, seemed like a liquid type and a new one, still unopened. She poured the liquid to the cup at the required level and brought it to Byulyi.

"Baby, you need to drink it." She said sweetly when handling Byulyi the cup.

"What's this? I have never seen it before." Byulyi said with a suspicious look. "It smells so bad." Byulyi frowned at the unpleasant smell.

"It may be the new type that Wheein has mentioned before. Just bear with the smell a little." Yongsun caressed Byulyi's hair lightly to encourage her.

Byulyi was hesitant for a while before blocking her nose and drinking down the liquid. However, as soon as the liquid went down , the nauseous hit her hard, urging her to rush to the toilet and vomit. Yongsun followed her in panic, soothed her back gently.

After the morning sickness faded away, Byulyi hadn't vomited for months. So now she felt l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter