999

하늘하늘 ( Sky! Sky! )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where am I?” Byulyi asked herself while looking around the strange yet familiar scenery before her eyes. She was standing in the middle of a Canola field, surrounded by millions of bright yellow Canola flowers. Her hand unconsciously lifted up to touch her baby bump when she was busy studying the place. To her surprise, her round belly was no longer here.

“What? Where is my baby?” Byulyi looked down and touched her flat belly in a panic. When she was still shocked by the current situation, a thing caught her eyes. A red bike.

“I have seen this bike somewhere before.” She mumbled to herself and walked closer to the bike. In the bike basket, there was a white teddy bear. “This teddy bear too.” She looked down again. “This outfit…”

‘Sky! Sky!’

The two words popped out in her mind. She finally remembered. Here was the place where their ‘Sky! Sky!’ MV was filmed. But why she was here?

“Mama.” A little kid’s silvery voice cut her thought. Byulyi immediately turned her head to where the voice came from. There was a little girl, around 2 or 3 years old, standing at the end of the flower road. Byulyi could not see her face because of the bright sunlight.

“Who is she?” Byulyi squinted, trying to have a proper look at the small figure.

“Mama, I’m coming.” The little girl shouted excitedly and ran toward her while giggling happily. Byulyi unconsciously bent down and opened her arms widely.

 

When Byulyi was about to catch the little girl in her arms, a loud noise jolted her from her sleep.

“Ouchhhh…”

Byulyi could hear her wife wincing in pain. Before opening her eyes, her hands automatically went to her belly. She let out a relieved sigh as she felt her protruding belly, her baby was still here. 

“Yong, what are you doing?” Byulyi opened her eyes and saw her wife sitting on the floor, rubbing her feet with a frown.

“Ooppss, did I wake you up?” Her wife said in surprise and walked with a limp to her. “I tripped over the bag over there.” She pointed at the bag near the door. It was the hospital bag for her big day. Her wife and the maknaes had done packing it a week ago. Her wife insisted that they must put the bag over there so they could take it easy. But now she was the one tripping over it.

“Why didn’t you turn on the light?” Byulyi asked while checking over her wife to make sure she was okay.

“I don’t want to disturb your sleep. But at last I still ruined it.” Yongsun said guiltily. “Are you tired? How about sleeping a little more?” She caressed Byulyi’s face gently with a worried look.

The previous night was an uncomfortable night for both of them. Being at the end of the pregnancy was not easy for Byulyi. Her belly started to drop a few days ago so it was easier for her to breathe but the weight of her pregnancy still kept her restless at night. Plus, she also had cramps in her lower back frequently. She thought they might be the Braxton Hicks contractions which she began to feel a week ago. But unlike the other days, when the Braxton Hicks contraction only came twice or three times a day, last night she could feel it more frequently. As a result, she had fallen asleep just before dawn. Her wife hadn’t had an easy night too because of her continuous shifting.

“No, I’m okay. I have had enough sleep.” Byulyi smiled at her wife. “You must be tired too. You didn’t get much sleep last night either.”

“I’m fine.” Yongsun smiled back before leaning her face on her wife’s belly. “Mansaeng-ah you had better be a good girl when you’re born. You make your mama suffer so much.”

“I just had a weird dream.” The thought of the dream came back to her as she saw her wife talking with their unborn baby. “There was a little girl calling me ‘mama’ and running to me.”

“Is it a sign?” Yongsun looked up from her baby bump. They stayed silent for a while, until Byulyi’s stomach started growling, which made both of them chuckle. “I know what sign it is. Let’s get some food.” Yongsun said in her teasing tone before helping her wife to get off the bed.

Once Byulyi was standing steadily on the ground, with one of Yongsun’s hand at her back, the other one on her upper arm, she let out sigh. She could feel the weigh and the pressure of gravity pull down on her.

“Any day now.” She mumbled to remind herself, her hand rubbing her protruding belly gently.

“Are you okay? Do you want me to bring the food to our room so you can rest here?”  Yongsun said in concern.

“No, it’s fine. I can’t wait to get rid of this big belly. We cannot have a proper hug for quite a long time.” Byulyi said with a pout while looking down at her belly, which was the obstacle of their skinship now. “I miss our hug.”

“Clingy baby.” Yongsun chuckled. “Are you the same person with the one who said that she didn’t like skinship before?”

 

Byulyi sighed. She just wanted to go home immediately.

It was an unlucky day for her. She woke up late, missed the bus and got scolded by the staff because of coming late for the evaluation.

She also forgot her high heels at home but she was still lucky that there was a girl having an extra pair and let her borrow. Ah right, she had to give them back to that girl.

“Where did you get those high heels?” A friend of her, who practiced together with her few times before, suddenly asked when she was looking for the owner. Oh here she was.

“That one gave these to me.” She replied to her friend while pointing at the girl who had chubby cheeks. This was the first time she had ever seen this girl. She must be a new trainee and younger than her, Byulyi thought. Byulyi said a quick thank and gave the high heels back to the owner.

‘Why is her expression like this? Did I say something wrong?’ Byulyi thought but left instantly without asking. She was not very sociable at that time.

“We’re going to take a picture.” A staff announced.

‘I can finally go home after this.’ Byulyi thought happily and walked to the corner while the others tried to get in the center.

“Pose like you’re familiar.” The staff said and the others began to hug or hold each other’s hands while smiling widely.

‘So lucky that I chose to stand here.’ Byulyi sighed in relief. She didn’t like those silly skinships at all.

Suddenly a person approached her from behind and hugged her tightly, which made her startled. She looked back and found that it was the owner of the high heels.

“Okay that’s good. Keep this pose.” The staff smiled satisfyingly.

‘What on earth is she doing now?’ Byulyi just wanted to break the hug immediately but the staff’s words stopped her.

‘How can she back-hug an unknown person and pose like there’s nothing?’ Byulyi thought. ‘She’s so weird. I had better not be friend with her.’ She reminded herself.

 

“It was your fault.” Byulyi pouted. “Your beauty made me become like this.”

“Oh come on. We’re going to eat now. Let me eat something without throwing up please.” Yongsun groaned at her greasy wife.

“Just admit that you like it Yong.” Byulyi teased.

.

 

“Good morning unnie.” Hyejin greeted them as soon as they walked out from their room after Byulyi had done quick personal hygiene with her wife’s help. “Or should I say ‘good afternoon’ instead?” She joked. But she was right, it was almost 12 in the morning.

“You don’t have to go to work today?” Normally at this time Hyejin and Wheein should have been ready to go to work.

“Our classes have been canceled so we’re free for two days. I don’t know the reason but I won’t complain.” Hyejin shrugged her shoulders. Why everything happening today was so coincident?

“How was your night unnie?” Wheein wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter