Aunties

하늘하늘 ( Sky! Sky! )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure that two of you are not going to get fired?" Yongsun asked seriously, her eyes still focused on driving when the maknaes were sticking with Byulyi at the backseats as usual. "How can you two leave all the classes to Dohoon-samchon and follow us?"

Byulyi's pregnancy had reached week 28, which meant she had entered the third trimester, and it was the suitable time for beginning childbirth preparation classes, which could prepare them for what was going to come on delivery day. Especially, it was their very first baby that they were lack of experiences.

However, it was quite hard for Yongsun to arrange her time to accompany her wife there. Unlike Byulyi, who had already finished all her tasks in composing and writing the song, the three vocal-training teachers became busier recently as the debut song recording day of the new girl group came closer. Yongsun had been working really hard this week, extending her teaching hours every day in order to get a day-off for her wife's childbirth class day. Even after she had received a "yes" from the CEO, she was still worried about the work but she appeased herself that she still had her beloved maknaes to count on, to cover her class. And now, the two people she believed that she could count on were in her car, excited for her wife's childbirth class too.

"Don't worry unnie. We have handled everything." Hyejin answered confidently. "Right Wheeinie?"

"Yes. We also extended our teaching hours the last few days and we're going to have make-up classes tomorrow. So today Dohoon-samchon substitutes us to teach only one class." Wheein explained calmly while playing with Mansaengi, the baby would kick whenever Wheein poked her mama's belly.

"But how did you convince him to help you?" Yongsun tilted her head curiously.  "Dohoon-samchon said that he didn't like teaching anymore. I have tried to ask him a few times before because there are lots of trainees willing to be taught by him once but he always rejects. It makes me think that we're really lucky to be taught by him before."

The maknaes smiled cheekily at each other, which built up more curiousness in Yongsun and Byulyi.

"We bribed him." The pup said with a mischievous look.

"By what?" Byulyi asked.

"Your child." The lion replied with a flat expression.

"What??? What did you do with my child???" Yongsun screamed in terrify all of a sudden while driving.

"Aw, you're so loud." Byulyi groaned at her overdramatic wife while the maknaes burst out laughing.

"Hahaha, calm down unnie. We didn't do anything with your child." Wheein said between her laugh. "We gave him the ultrasound photo of Mansaengi  and he agreed right away."

"So it was the reason why you asked for an extra piece at the appointment last week." Byulyi chuckled at her tricky maknaes.

"Yes, I cannot give him mine. It's too precious for me, right Mansaengi ?" Wheein said cherishingly as she poked Byulyi's baby bump lightly, which gained a soft kick from the baby again. "We follow you there because we want to have more knowledge to take care of you and our Mansaengi. And to be honest, Hyejin and I are considering having a baby too. We think that attending this class can help us to make our decision."

"That's more reasonable." Yongsun smiled satisfyingly. "Here we are. I wonder what we will have here."

.

There were many kinds of childbirth preparation classes such as Lamaze classes, Bradley Method classes, ICEA classes, HypnoBirthing classes and so on, each would provide different techniques and methods. However, they were too busy to study deeply about all of them, and they didn't have time to go to all of those classes that they decided to take the one offered by the hospital which they visited regularly.  Even though it would not be as detailed as individual classes but it covered all necessary information and techniques needed in labor.

The class started with "The Biology of Labor and Birth", in which the instructor described to them the signs and stages of labor in detail, from start to last. While high school biology made them feel bored and sleepy, they all paid their attention fully to this class, listened carefully to every single word of the instructor.

"This is the first time in my life I have not felt asleep or even yawned in a biology class." said Ahn Hyejin.

Surprisingly, the most enthusiastic person among them was not one of the two moms-to-be but was Wheein. She did not only pay attention, listen to the instructor's words but she also asked the instructor several questions and took note carefully. She was too enthusiastic that the instructor stopped her instruction to ask Wheein how many weeks pregnant was she and was it her second pregnancy but got surprised to know that she was not and had never been pregnant before. At the end of the biology class, the instructor walked to them and said to Byulyi.

"If you ever think of finding a doula, I think you have the best one here." She said as she smiled warmly to Wheein before excusing herself to another class.

"What is doula?" Hyejin asked curiously. 

"Like a labor coach, who assists you during childbirth." Wheein explained calmly. She ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter