Something

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 7

Krystal’s POV:

‘Okay, plan ‘Do whatever it takes to win Amber’s heart’ will now commence’

Now, do I look presentable?

“Hair?” check. “Make-up?” check. “Lookin’ y?” double check.

“KRYSTAL!! LET’S GO! WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE!!!” Jessica screamed from downstairs.

I grabbed my belongings and rushed out the door.

While in the car I was planning on how to do this. Amber seems different than she was before but I can’t really say that since it’s been 10 years since I’ve seen her. I should probably get to know her first, find out what she likes and doesn’t.

Wait, but I want her to love me the way I am.

“Gah! Why is this so hard?” I muttered out loud, frustrated.

“What?” Jessica gave me a weird look.

“I don’t know how to make Amber fall in love with me.”

“Seduce her.”

“I don’t think Amber’s that kind of person.”

“Doesn’t matter what kind of person you are. We all have hormones.”

“…” I don’t think lust is a good way to start out.

“*Sigh* First, see where you stand. Try getting closer to her and figure out if she considers you as a potential girlfriend or just a friend. And once you find out work around that.

“So find out if she’s attracted to me?”

“Yes.”

“And what if she only wants to be friends?”

“Then your job is only going to be 100x harder.”

“Great…” This is going to be a lot harder than I thought. I’m not the best at this, I don’t know how to make someone fall in love with me.

A lot of people are attracted to me but once they realize my cold demeanor they back away. It’s not like I care anyways. I just don’t like talking to people I don’t really know.

“I have another suggestion.” Jessica said getting out of the car.

“What?” I asked curious. Any little thing will help at this point.

“Tell her.”

“No.”

“She’s going to remember sooner or later. Then what?”

“I’ll…she’ll hate me.”

“As if Amber has it in her to hate you.”

“What happened was all my fault. I have to make it right…”

“By what? Not giving her the chance to let her know what happened all those years ago? I know what happened was bad but look, she’s okay.”

“NO! She’s not okay! She doesn’t remember ANYTHING! Nothing from that time period, not me, not you, and definitely not that day.”

“Okay, but…just make sure no one gets hurt.”

“…I know I’m being selfish but it’s for the best. Maybe one day when I’m strong enough, I’ll tell her.”

XxxxxX

Amber’s POV:

‘Great, I got nothing out of Victoria.’  

Whatever I’ll just let it go. Start over with her. Maybe I don’t remember being friends with her for a reason; maybe she did something bad to me? Should I ask her? No, I don’t have time to be thinking about these things. I have a whole company on my shoulders.

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

 I took out my IPhone to check who texted me.

FROM: Mommy Vic

“Amber! I synced our phone’s planner together so that whatever I write in your schedule you’ll be able to see it. Have a nice day at school! Don’t break hearts!!”


“Okay, I’ll check it out. What if I feel like breaking hearts? :P” – AMBER

“Then do it gently ^^” – Victoria

*Sigh* I put my phone away in my pocket before grabbing my notebook and a pen from my backpack. I wonder if she will sit next to me today too. Does she remember me?

Probably not, I look way too different from when I was a kid. I had long hair back then, now its short; that and a lot more other things. I used to be more girly back then. Dresses, pink bows, the whole nine yards.

‘AMBER STOP THINKING ABOUT HER. YOU DON’T HAVE TIME.’

‘But she’s special’

‘Why?’

‘You tell me.’

Great…now I’m having conversations with myself in my head. I’m going crazy. This isn’t normal, this isn’t me.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts again that I didn’t notice that someone had walked up right next to my desk.

“Hey there, cutie. This seat taken?” Soojung asked as she set her books down on the empty desk.

‘Cutie? Great, she probably thinks I’m a guy.’

“Morning! And no, go ahead ” I said with a smile.

She returned my smile and settled down into her seat.

I should ask for her name. My palms are sweaty. Why am I so nervous? It’s just an introduction; I’ve done this plenty of times. I’m pretty shy but this is just ridiculous.

I only have a few minutes before class starts, I should do it now.

“Hey” I said.

“Hey” She also said at the same time.

“I’m sorry, go ahead.” She apologized, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, smiling so sweetly again. Damn, that smile just kills.

“No, no you go first.” I responded, even more nervous now.

“I just wanted to introduce myself, it was rude of me not to yesterday.”

“Me too! I felt terrible.”

“I’m Soojung Jung but you can call me Krystal.”

‘Krystal, huh? It suits her. She really does stand out in a crowd.”

“I’m Amber Josephine Liu.”

“Oh, so you’re the Amber that my father keeps talking about. He says a lot of nice things about you. More than he does about me.” She laughed.

“Yea, that’s me. Your father is a great man. You are very lucky.”

“Thank you. Your father was an even greater man. I’m really sorry about your loss.”

“Yea, well, it happens. Do you mind keeping the whole Liu Corp thing on the down low? I don’t want people finding out.”

“Sure, no problem.”

“Professor’s here, we should stop talking.”

“Oh…okay.” I frowned, I didn’t want to stop talking to her. She seems so easy to talk to, like it was so natural.

I diligently took down notes as the class progressed. Many things were running through my mind. Why am I feeling nervous, excited, and pain every time I see her.

*CLICK*

I heard something fall to the floor, it was a pen. I went to go pick it up. As my hand reached the pen on the floor I felt another hand touch mine.

It was another hand also trying to grab the pen. I traced the hand all the way up to the shoulders and I was surprised to see Krystal centimeters away from face, also trying to grab the pen.

*Bu-Bump, Bu-Bump*

I looked at her lips, they looked so…soft. Wait a minute!

I immediately got back up, my heart racing out of control. Stupid heart, what the hell is wrong with you?

“Um, did you drop your pen?” I asked holding up the pen I retrieved from the ground.

XxxxxX

Krystal’s POV:

She’s really focused on her school work today. Heh, I’ll change that.

‘But, what can I do?’

I tapped my pen on my chin thinking of a way. I looked at my pen and an evil grin appeared on my face. I gently placed the pen at the edge of the desk.

I looked at the front of the class pretending to pay attention. I then placed my hand next to the pen and ‘accidently’ bumped it off the table.

‘Oops’  I grinned to myself.

*CLICK*

I looked over at Amber, I saw her looking for the source of the noise. When I saw her reaching for pen I also went to go pick it up.

As her hand reached the pen, my hand accidently brushed against hers, also trying to grab the pen.

I saw her as she looked at me slightly surprised to see me so close to her. She looked in my eyes then I saw her looking at my lips.

‘Bingo!’

She immediately backed away. She held her hand in front of her face a little, trying to hide her blushing face.

“Um, did you drop your pen?” She held up my pen.

I smiled at her, taking it from her hands.

“Thanks.”

“Sure thing!” She smiled that goofy smile of hers.

Class proceeded like usual. Nothing else significant happened but it was okay. I found more than I needed today.

I turned my head to look at her but she was already looking at my direction. Was she staring at me?

When our eyes met, all we did was stare at each other. My eyes had longing, longing for something that has been lost long ago. Her eyes gave off a hint of different emotions. One of sadness, of loneliness, but the one that stood out to me the most was that her eyes, her soul was searching.

She smiled happily at me before turning back her attention.

“Don’t worry, Amber. I have all your answers but you’re going to have to unlock them yourself.’

XxxxxX

“So how did it go?” Jessica asked sitting on the couch watching T.V.

“Good.” I responded jumping across to the other side making the couch bounce.

“Care to explain?”

“Let’s just say that, her heart never forgot.”

 

(A/N: Hope you guys liked it! I'm hungry, FEED ME COMMENTS!!!)