Always There

Don't Give Up On Me

“AMBER!” Victoria stormed into the room.

She started shaking me vigorously trying to get me out of bed. It’s too early; I don’t want to get up.

“WAKE UP!” She shouted once again.

“uuuuuuugh….I don’t want to.” I groaned.

“It’s your first day of classes!” She said as she got off the bed and continued to pull the covers off my body.

“No…..it’s cold.” I said as I laid in fetal position to conserve all the body heat that I could.

“Don’t make me do it….” Victoria said in a deadly voice.

“….do…what?” I replied as I planted my head under my pillow to block out all the sounds.

“You know what. Guess you leave me with no choice…”

I slowly started drifting back to my peaceful slumber when I felt someone grab me by both my ankles and yanked me off the bed.

*THUD*

I groaned in pain as my body hit the cold wooden floors of my room. I then felt myself being dragged me into the bathroom but I’m too tired to even care or stop her.

I heard a door open and next thing I knew I was thrown into the shower. I looked up as I saw Victoria turn on the shower.

I immediately jumped up and my breathing was deep as I felt the cold water come into contact into my whole body.

“OKAY! I’m awake! I’M AWAKE!” I screamed trying turning off the water.

“Good. Now hurry up and get ready for school and come down for breakfast.” She said sweetly as she ruffled my hair and skipped out the door.

“Yes, mom…”

I quickly turned back on the water for a nice warm shower. Just to clear my head for the upcoming day. After drying off myself, I went to my closet to pick out my clothes for the day.

I then ran down the stairs, sliding down the railings halfway down. My dad always said that I would crack my head open doing that but I never really listened.

“You’re gonna split your head open like that.” Victoria said from behind the coach.

“Yea...” I said as I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

“Why are you dressed like that?” She looked at me confused.

“Dress like what?”

“A guy…”

“I’ve always dressed like this….”

“I thought you trying being more feminine back in LA.”

“Yea…about that. It didn’t work out so well. This style fits me better.”

“Okay, well don’t go breaking some poor girl’s heart when they find out your actually a girl.” Victoria teased.

“Hahah I’ll try not to but I can’t help it that I attract all the ladies.” I jokingly smirked.

“Well maybe you’ll find the girl or guy of your dreams soon.” She teased again.

“Hmmm, maybe. I doubt it though.”

She knew I was biual. I told her when I first found out. Surprisingly she was very accepting of it. I wanted to tell my father too. I was scared of what we would think, but Vic helped me with every step along the way.

We both walked into the kitchen to enjoy our breakfast. I was amazed by the amount of food that was prepared, hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, toast, and pancakes.

“Wow…that’s a lot of food. Don’t you usually just make jok?” I asked her as I took a big gulp of my orange juice.

“Yea, but you’re going to need a lot of energy for today and I remember how you said you never realized how much you missed western breakfast when you moved back to America.”

“Hahah I sure did. But you’re going to make me fat if you feed me this every day.” I chuckled.

“Do you need a ride to school or are you going to drive?” Vic asked me.

“Actually, Luna and Onew are gonna pick me up. When they heard I was back they said they want to spend as much time as they can to make up the couple years I was gone.” I laughed remember my conversation with Luna over the phone two nights ago.

“Okay well call me when you get there.” She said as she turned back to her breakfast.

Victoria has always been like this, mothering me. I don’t mind though, a lot of people made fun of us when we were kids but they meant nothing to us. She and I had a bond that no one else has. We were cousins, best friends; we cared and loved each other.

As far back I could remember she would help me get ready for school, walk me to and from school, help me make and pack my lunches because my dad was too busy to. If I did something wrong she would scold me then when I was crying she would hug me to comfort me. I would laugh every time she did punish me for my wrong doings. She is the mother I never had and I appreciate all that she’s done for me.

I hope one day I can repay her for all the kindness and care I’ve received from her. To let her know that I really am thankful for having her in my life.

I know I’ve said this to her countless of times but for now it’s the best I could do.

“Vic?”

“Yea?” She said as she gave me her full attention.

“Thanks for everything. I wouldn’t be half the person I am if you weren’t there for me.” I gave her my most sincere smile I have.

“Anything for my baby cousin.”

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

From: Luna

“Morning! We’ll be there in 2. Wait for us outside! MWAHH <3”

To: Luna

kk see you then beautiful ;P”

From: Onew

“YAH! Don’t flirt with my girlfriend!”

“Hahaha, okay, I gotta go. I’ll see you later.” I said as I picked up my back pack and went over to Vic and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Okay, have fun. Oh! By the way, ShuShu gave me a document for you to read. I think it’s about the bodyguard you mentioned he went to find.

“Okay, bye!” I said as I ran out the door grabbing the manila folder and a piece of toast hanging from my teeth.

‘First day of school! BRING IT ON!’

 

(A/N: Sorry if i haven't been updating recently. I've been swamped with school projects. I'll post the next chapter sometime tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the comments and subsription! I really love them. KRYBER'S FIRST short ENCOUNTER NEXT :D )