Why Me?

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 24

Amber’s POV:

I don’t know if anyone knows of this or maybe you just haven’t noticed. I’m not the type of person to just make rash decisions based on what my emotion is at the moment. I mean, unless I’m really pissed off and punch someone square in the face. But, that’s all whole different matter.

What I mean is that even if I try to follow my heart and do what it tells me to; I can’t. I think logically ergo all my decisions and movements are whatever my brain is telling me to do.

But then that wouldn’t make sense either. If your brain controls your body and you have control of your brain, why can’t you?

Hesitation might be the word that we’re looking for. Then leads to the question of, “Why the hesitation?”

It’s definitely a mixture of many factors. No matter how you look at it, I’m still a human being. I make mistakes and I am not ashamed to admit to them. I have emotions that will be some sort of barrier no matter how fearless I might feel.  

Just to name a few going through my head at the moment: fear, insecurities, and doubt.

There are plenty of good suitors, so why me?

Out of everyone why did she choose this dorky, mathematics loving, and not that attractive girl?

Setting aside that I do own one of the biggest Company in Seoul and many other countries and the fact my net worth is well over 8 digits.

And out of all them, she fell in love with a girl? Why would she choose live a life of criticism and pain? All I’m ever going to bring to her is sadness. That’s what I don’t get.

But you know what’s even funnier? Even when I say all that, I can’t help but fall for her still; wanting to make her mine and showing her to the world.

God, what is wrong with me?!

‘There’s nothing wrong with you, you’re just a fool in love.’

More like a puppet. The strings are attached to my heart and my brain is the puppeteer controlling it’s every action.

XxxxX

It’s already late at night and I’m still stuck in this godforsaken place I call my office. I pretty sure 85% of the citizens of Seoul are already in bed, sleeping the night away. Unfortunately for me and 15% of the remaining unlucky souls who are either suffering from insomnia, finishing up last minute projects, or drowning in their own misery like I am.

But why am I in my office? Not the first place that comes to mind when thinking, though it makes sense since it’s secluded and you get the privacy that you want.  

I didn’t choose this location myself; if I had a choice I’d be moping about on my nice and comfy and not my comfy but only for a short amount of time desk. My problems and issues aren’t stopping the whole world. Everyone is still working and everyone still has to go about their day, even me.

Waiting for Victoria to come and pick me up, I figured a quick nap won’t do any harm. I laid my head down; using the stack of documents of projects that I had to sign off on as a pillow.

I’m pretty sure that I dosed off for way longer than I desired as I found myself sitting in dark, on a soft surface. I’m guessing it’s my bed.

I’m not even the slightest bit tired anymore. I continued to lie in bed with my hands folded on top of my stomach.

My window shutters are shut that so there isn’t any light getting in. It was literally pitch dark in the room. Have you ever stared out into the dark of night and it just seems like it gets darker and darker?

Well, truth is, there’s no such thing as darkness; fascinating huh? Or so I’ve read.

Einstein said there is no such thing as darkness but only the absence of light. For example, there is no such thing as cold other than a linguistic characteristic we subjectively use to describe relatively less motion. He said that dark is the same thing. Dark is nothing more than a linguistic way of describing lesser light.

Just because we can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there.

Without you by my side, not being able to talk to you, or seeing that lovely smile of yours makes me feel as if I’m wrapped in a blanket of darkness. And like the light, though you and I are in the same vicinity and I know that you’re there; if you keep giving me the cold shoulder all I see is nothing.

Krystal, how much I want to tell you that you’re my light and without you I can’t find my way out.

And as that spark that illuminates my whole world, I don’t want that to burn out. I’m not conveying my approaches not because I don’t love and cherish you but because I’m doing it for your sake.

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

I looked over to my right, seeing the glowing screen of my phone as it displays a new message.

‘It’s because she loves you. And it’s because of that love she has for you that she doesn’t care what others might think. They can say what they will, but why would all that matter to her? All that she ever cared about is what you think and feel for her.’- Luna

This was Luna’s reply to my question from earlier. When I was about to set my phone down, another message popped up.

if you’re wondering, it means TELL HER YOU LOVE HER!!! You stupid dino….gosh can’t you solve things like this for yourself? Now stop texting me in the middle of the night! I’m sleeping!’

*sigh*

I don’t know if I should reply, she might get angry.   

 Anyways, I was just asking for her opinion. I already made up my mind to tell her but I just don’t know how. I continued lying on my bed pondering motionless, letting time slide by slowly with each ticking that resonates from the clock hanging on my wall; as the night ensues and the beginning of the day draws nearer.   

“I GOT IT!” I screamed. I immediately regretted it as I brought both my hands up to cover my mouth. I stared at my door petrified, waiting for it to open, and revealing a beastly and irate Victo—“

*BAM*

My bedroom door open with a slam and as guessed, there stood a very not so happy Victoria. I got scared and covered myself with my blankets and pray to god that I don’t get murdered.

“AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU, either you go to sleep or YOU GO TO SLEEP! Stop having conversations with yourself! You might not know but your whispering isn’t really whispers. I already had to carry your fat all the way from the car to your room. I’m tired and I can’t be my happy and cute self if I don’t get my beauty sleep!!!’

*BOOM*

And there goes my door again. I wouldn’t be surprised if my door falls off its hinges. After the whole scary ordeal with Vic my eyes gradually got heavier until I drifted into unconsciousness.

 

 

No One’s POV:

The once peaceful face now contorted with fear as her mind replayed the scenes of her traumatic past.

 

“MR. LIU! Young Amber has been kidnapped!!!”

“WHAT?!” screamed Mr. Liu and Mr. Jung.

“Daddy! *hiccup* Daddy! Amber’s gone. Some bad men took her!!” A young Soojung came running into her father’s arm crying.

“Don’t worry, Honey. We’ll find her.” Mr. Jung said as he patted his crying daughters head while placing a comforting hand on the shoulders of Mr. Liu.

“D-d-daddy! *hiccup* I want Amber back!”

 

(A/N: The moment that you guys have been waiting for is in the next chapter!!! You will finally get to know how the kidnapping went down.

Hope you guys are still enjoying my story. Sorry if i'm getting slower at updating. And thanks for all the subs and comments.

. Now i'm going to bed; you should too if your going by pst like me.

 

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and ride that llama!!)