It's Just My Imagination

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 6

The lecture hall was a rather big room. The board was all the way in the front and the seats ascended up. I didn’t want to sit in the front but I didn’t want to sit in the back either.

I chose to sit in the middle so I could pay attention and doze off without being noticed.

I noticed Key has seated himself up two rows on the other end where he could have a better view.

He told me that he had already scoped out the entire campus. I was amazed this campus isn’t small; it had exactly nine colleges and stretches for a couple of miles.

As class was nearing the start, many students started filing into the classroom. Soon it was filled up. I was sitting near the edge and it was the closest to the stairs.

 If I had any reason to escape I would have easy access.

I was aimlessly staring out the window. I heard giggling and laughter coming from girls. I knew that they were staring at me but they didn’t interest me.

I couldn’t hear what they were saying seeing that I have my iPod on, on blast. I like drowning everything out when I was deep in my own world.

This happens a lot; everywhere I go I just attract too much attention.

No, I’m not conceited. I know I look good but I don’t really care, image never really mattered to me. I really don’t like people who only live and breathe popularity.

Minutes before class officially started I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned my head to only see a beautiful young woman smiling at me. It was the girl that had me captivated at first glance.

I took off my headphones not wanting to be rude and it was obvious she wanted to tell me something.  

“Sorry, but is that seat taken?” She asked me pointing at the seat next to mine that was occupied by my backpack.

“Um…no.” I quickly moved my belongings onto the floor and offered her the seat.

She smiled at me as she made her way across my desk to hers.

“Thanks.” She said as she took her seat.

“N-no problem.”

When the professor walked into the room he started class immediately. He didn’t even bother introducing himself. All he did was write his name on the board and proceeded teaching.

“What’s with this guy?” I heard her say, opening her notebook.

“Um…he hates his job?” I smiled at her.

She giggled at my answer.

*Bu-bump*

‘What was that?’ I said grabbing my chest.

“Are you okay?” I heard her whisper to me.

“Y-y-yea. Um…heartburn.” I replied.

“Do you want aspirin?”

“No, thank you.”

We didn’t talk after that. We were both busy paying attention in class, but though I was listening whatever the professor said didn’t stay in my head for every long.

She was occupying my mind. Why am I feeling so weird around her? I don’t even know her, that’s a lie. I know we meet as kids.

But why do I get a feeling that there is something wrong. I should be able to remember but I don’t. I have a pretty good memory so why can’t I recall the moments we were together.

I think I have a box of old photos stashed away somewhere. When I have time I should go find it. Maybe it’ll help me remember something.

Now that I think about it, I can’t seem to remember anything from a period of time when I was 8 years old. Is there something that happened and I forgot but no one wants me to remember?

When class ended she gathered all her stuff and left.

“Bye.” Was all she said as she walked down the stairs.

“…Bye.” , I didn’t even introduce myself to her. I’ll just do it tomorrow.

XxxxxX

During lunch Soojung had joined up with her other friends and headed for a restaurant near school.

While eating everyone was talking about how their first day of school went.

“So, baby sis. How did it go?” Jessica asked.

“How did what go?” Krystal asked confused.

“Talking to Amber.” Yoona and Taeyeon said at the same time.

“Um…good.” Krystal looked down at her plate and started eating, hoping no one would notice or ask any further questions.

“You didn’t say anything to her did you?” Yuri stated.

“Yes, I did.” She screamed back.

“Then what did you say?” Jessica questioned.

“I asked her if the seat next to her was taken…”

“That’s it? Why didn’t you say anything else?” – Taeyeon

“Did you even introduce yourself?” – Yoona

“N-no. I didn’t get the chance…”

“That’s a bunch of BS!” – Jessica

“Who doesn’t have the time to introduce themselves?” Yuri laughed at the younger girl’s actions.

“I was scared okay? After all that’s happened…I don’t think I can do it.”

“Don’t you think Amber deserves to remember?” Jessica said.

“I don’t think her brain wants her to remember. I saw her taking glances at me occasionally. I think she remembers meeting me when we were kids but she also had a confused looked as if there was information missing.” Soojung played with her vegetables with her fork, looking sadly onto the plate.

“…” No one spoke.

“I want her to remember, I want her to look at me the way that she used to. I know we were kids back then but I know what I feel and I know she felt the same. I want her to remember all the good times we had back then but now…all I am to her is a classmate and the daughter of her father’s good friends and partner.”

“Then make her remember.” Yuri suggested.

“What?”

“Befriend her once again, it’ll all come back to her, you just need to find the trigger.”

“I don’t know if I will be able to.”

“Then…make her fall for you.” Yoona jumped in.

“Make her fall for me?”

“Yes, make her fall in love with you, again.” Jessica added.

“First love never goes away even if you bury it 100 feet under the earth.” Yuri finished.

‘They’re right, you better watch out Amber Josephine Liu. This time, it’s me who will be making you fall in love.’

XxxxxX

“How was your first day?” Victoria asked.

“It was good; boring as hell though.”

“When is school never boring.” Victoria laughed.

“Vic can I ask you a serious question?”

“Sure, ask away.”

“Did something happen to me when I was around 8 years old? Please tell me the truth. Did I lose my memory?”

Victoria smiled faded when I asked her the question.

“Is there something people have been keeping from me?”

“All I can say is Amber, that you will soon find your way.”

“My way to where?”

“Your way back to her.”

“Victoria, I don’t understand.”

“There’s nothing to understand.”

“You’re being very vague! You didn’t answer any of my questions!!”

“Amber, remember you always told me about that girl in your dreams?”

“Yea.”

“Have you figured out who it is?”

“No, it’s just my imagination.”

Victoria just smiled at me and dragged me into the dining room.

“Love isn’t imaginary.”

 

(A/N: I don't know why but i just changed half the plot righting this chapter. Oh well, i do that a lot with my stories. I freely write i don't really plan them out. Well ENJOY! Anyone going through Kryber withdraws? LOL COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND DROOL OVER AMBER'S SMEXY ABS!!"