Spontaneous

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 27

Amber’s POV:

After I said what I have been practicing for the last couple of days I felt like the world has been lifted off from my shoulders. This is the first step to prove to Krystal that I do love her as much as she loves me. And I feel like I can’t do that unless I have her parent’s approval.

I feel like this is the most nerve wreaking thing I have ever done. I don’t actually know how they’ll react. Are they okay with same relationships? Will they hate me after this? Will they forbid me from seeing her ever again?

Anyone of those will surely bring me down. I’ve known the Jung’s since forever and I know the type of people they are. They aren’t one to judge but sometimes you can’t tell if it’s a front for the public or not.

They haven’t spoken since I asked to date their daughter. I know it’s only been a minute or two but it feels like an eternity. I can’t tell what kind of emotion they are feeling at the moment since they are both staring at me with straight faces.

I felt uncomfortable under their gaze as I squirmed in my seat.

“Mr. and Mrs. Jung?” I asked nervously since they seem that they are currently in deep thought.

They were still silent so I decided to continue maybe they need a little persuasion.

“I-I know that this type of thing is frowned upon and I know your family name is on the line if something like this gets out but I promise that I won’t taint your family name. And I know what you must be thinking…”

“Please enlighten us, Amber.” Mrs. Jung then smiled out of nowhere. Okay now I am scared that I think that I might soil myself.

“You must be thinking that Soojung could never be completely happy with me. Why be with me when she can have a man that can give her a family?” I started and I could feel the tears starting to sting my eyes. It just hurts so much to say the things you fear the most.

“Amber, you can stop right there.” Mr. Jung while spoke up with a serious expression. Great, here it comes….

“I, we, both Mrs. Jung and I want nothing more than for Soojung to be happy. Do you understand young lady?”

“Yes, sir.” Great shot down.

“And….we think that Soojung is her happiest when she’s spending her time with you.”

I looked up from the ground that I’ve been burning a hole in. I concentrated on that spot to stop myself from crying but when I heard that I immediately looked up in surprise but also relief.

“So do you mean?” I said hoping that they meant I have their blessings.

“Yes, Amber. We support you and Soojung in whatever way you decide to take your relationship.” Mrs. Jung smiled.

I jumped out of my seat in joy and jumped forward to hug the both of them. They hugged me back and they couldn’t contain their laughter at how happy I was.

Of course, I’m happy. Two of the people that I respect and look up to the most just said yes to me being with the most important girl in my life.

“Amber, listen. A relationship like yours will be hard. People will frown upon it and will not be very accepting about the two of you but have to be strong. You need to believe that both your love is strong enough to withstand their hate and disapproval.” Mrs. Jung advised and I listened intently.

“Also, promise to protect her. She is my youngest daughter.” Mr. Jung said in a serious tone.

“I promise, sir. I’ll do my best.” I said, bowing.

“I know you will. You always do your best, Amber. That’s why I have the upmost faith in you. And I wouldn’t have anyone else take care of my precious Soojung.”

“So, do you plan on looking for Soojung?” Mrs. Jung questioned.

“Um, no I was going to tell her at the soiree.” I said scratching the back of my head.

“Why wait ‘til next week? Go now.” Mr. Jung smiled.

“W-what? I…I’m not ready.” I was taken aback.

“G.O. NOW!” Mr. Jung said, slightly shouting and pointing out the door. I jumped a bit at the suddenly increase in volume.

“O-okay.!” I ran towards the door to put on my shoes without giving it a second thought.

I didn’t have time to call my driver or Vic and I hitched a ride with Key so I didn’t have my car. The university is close by so I started to run.

While running to school I tried to plan out what I was going to say to her. Well, it’s not like I don’t know what to say but I was hoping for that extra week to prepare. A spontaneous confession never works out for people like me.

I took a quick glance at my watch; cursing to myself I quickened my pace. Then something hit me, I have nothing to present. What kind of confession would this be without gifts?!

I was screaming my lungs out, pulling on my hair with both my hands while running down the sidewalk. I must’ve looked like some sort of lunatic.

When I finally got onto campus I immediately started running towards the linguistics building, to my dismay it was on the other end of the campus.

Great…

“Hey, Am….ber.” Minho tried greeting me but I just flew past him the only response I gave was vigorous movements of my arm.

I started sprinting across the fields of the school only to be met up with Taemin.

“*huff, huff* Hey, Amber. Where we running to? “Taemin smiled and joked.

“The language building…” I replied quickly without turning my attention towards him.

“Why? By the way, you should really join the track and field team.” He laughed still running alongside me.

“Um…after this…no. To proclaim my love to Krystal.”

“Ah, sounds fun. Good luck, bye.” He said curving left to follow his course.

‘That was weird….’

I was so concentrated on running towards the building that I didn’t even realized that I had passed a group of girls who were leisurely walking and chatting all happily.

 

No One’s POV:

“Hey, isn’t that Amber?” Yuri said still laughing at the previous joke before I whizzed by.

“Wonder where she’s off to?” Taeyeon said keeping her eyes on Amber as she disappears around the corner.

“Last time I saw someone running that fast was because of a girl.” Yoona said also staring at the corner the tomboy disappeared behind.

“Who cares….” Krystal said without any interest while continued walking, leaving the group of girls behind.

“Aw, poor Krystal.” Taeyeon commented but only to receive a glare from the younger.

“Don’t be scared, she’s just angry that Amber is running off to go see another girl and not her.” Yuri teased.

“No, I’m not. I don’t care for her anymore.” Krystal said stopping all of a sudden, her fists clenched.

This whole time Jessica has been silent. She slowly followed behind the group, her eyes never left the direction the young Liu went.

“The only building there is the linguistics building.” Jessica finally said.

“What?” replied the group of girls even Krystal.

“Afternoon ladies.”

“Hey, Key! Long time no see. How’s bodyguarding?” Yuri asked with a wide smile.

“Pretty good.” Key smiled then left.

 

Amber’s POV:
 

“ARGH!!” I turned around and ran back where I came from after reading the text on my phone.

How the hell did I just run past them without realizing it? They probably think that I’m insane now.

 

 

‘Yo, Speedy Gonzales, turn around. You ran past them.” – Key.

 

 

(A/N: Sometimes my fingers just write a bunch of nonsense. This chapter didn't really turn out like the way i wanted but at least i hope it's up to your expectations.

Only a few more chapters, i say that but don't be surprised if another 10 chapters pop up out of nowhere. I can never stick to what i'm supposed to write. *sigh*

Thanks for the comments, glad that people are still interested in my poorly written story. I'm so touched TT__TT

 

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and ugh, anyone excited for KCON?! I AM ^_______________^