Justified

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 20

Krystal’s POV:

What happened last week was just too much. Why did these things have to happen? Why did they always have to happen to Amber?

It seems like she just can’t get a break.

Maybe I’m bad luck. If I wasn’t there the first time, maybe she wouldn’t have been kidnapped. I should’ve just stayed away from her. Only if I just chose to let her go instead of trying to win her back, everyone thing would be okay.

But then, when did I ever have the ability to control the fates.

My father always said that no matter what, everything happens for a reason and you can’t alter it even if you want to.

It’s like the movie, The Time Machine, no matter how many times he went back in time to save his lover; the results would always end the same. She would always die, no matter what.

I was lost in the sea of my thoughts. I unconsciously shed a tear.

Staring out my window, as I watched the rain hit against the glass of my window, violently. I replayed everything that happened that afternoon. If only I could’ve somehow saved her.

I should’ve just picked up the gun while I had the chance and get rid of that bastard.

But realistically, what could I have done? Bare arms versus a weapon…unless I’m the Hulk, I couldn’t have possibly won.

Too late now, what’s done is done. No point in turning time back, move on because that’s the only way time goes, forward.

I don’t know for how long I’ve been cooped up in my room. I couldn’t even find the strength to go to class. Not that it mattered at the moment.

“I remember.” The last words she said before it happened.

Did she really remember? It’s possible, what else would she have had meant? And if she did recall her kidnapping, when?

Why didn’t she tell me sooner? Was she mad? Did she feel betrayed?

There are always millions of questions, but why are there never enough answers?

“Sweetie?” My mom called as she knocked on my door.

“Yeah?” I responded still staring out at the sky.

“Are you going?”

“I don’t know mom….” I replied as I buried my face in my legs.

“You should really go. She would want you to.”

“I know, mom. But I’m having such a difficult time right, now.”

“I understand.” She said giving me a hug before making her way towards the door.

“Tell her…I’m sorry…for being so weak.”

“You’re not weak Soojung. And you should tell her yourself.” My mom added before closing the door.

I sighed.

I thought about what my next action was going to be before grabbing a jacket and my purse, heading out the door.

To: Jessica

‘I won’t be able to make it to your recital, I’m really sorry. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.’

I texted my sister quickly before shoving my phone into the back pocket of my jeans.

I didn’t want to bother my driver so I decided to take the bus instead. It was a Sunday so the buses shouldn’t be all that packed.

After feeling my phone vibrate, I reached for it and opened the new message.

From: Jessica:

“Aww, it’s okay. I understand. Give Amber my love (^_^) and some flowers!”

I laughed to myself as I stepped off the bus. I immediately went to the nearest store and bought a bouquet of flowers.

The ones that I left two days ago should’ve wilted by now. I would always bring her something every day. And every single day, I would lose myself more and more without her here with me.

I continued to walk down the road to where Amber was; the road that I have grown so accustomed to.

 

 

XxxxxX

*BAM*

*THUD*

*THUD*

“AMBER!!!”

Krystal ran up to Amber, she hugged the older girl tightly to her, crying at her fallen love.

The faint sounds of the ambulance’s sirens can be heard, and were growing louder by the minutes that passed by. Though, outside this structure, everyone was busy going about their evening. But not this group of young adults, they were trapped within their own minds, battling between reality and fantasy.

Surely the scenes that unfolded before them were nothing but pure imagination or a hallucination played by their brains.

But even so, the girls knew it was real and it happened.

Half of the lot were either crying or holding the ones that were crying.

A lone figure walked past the girls and straight to Amber. Without saying a word, he checked for her pulse and let out a sigh of relief.

“Well, looks like I made it in time, sort of.” He tried to laugh.

“Key…why?” Krystal asked looking up at him, teary eyed.

“I was doing my job. I knew I should’ve seen her home before going. It was a bad decision on my part. I should’ve stuck with my gut.” Key heavily sighed.

“Your job?” Krystal asked confused.

“I’m Amber’s bodyguard. But don’t worry her pulse is faint but it’s there. And by the sound of it the paramedics should be here in a few minutes.”

Krystal just held onto Amber tighter, her hair as if reassuring the unconscious tomboy that everything would be okay. Though, it was always a way to calm Krystal down herself, knowing that she was the one who needed the reassurance the most.

Key walked over to Hung who laid face first in his own pool of blood. The knife that he used to hold Krystal hostage flew off his hands and landed a few feet away.

He looked at the old man in disgust and anger. He dared to hurt his boss and his friend; he even had the audacity to shoot his boss and beat her up.

He looked own without any pity or sympathy in his eyes. Key then turned away scoffing before heading back to Amber.

The old man was already dead; there wasn’t much that he could do left even if he wanted to. A bullet to the back of the head…and the bodyguard didn’t regret his action because in his eyes it was right.

For Amber…it was justified.

XxxxxX

I walked into the room and over to the table next Amber’s hospital bed. She’s been sleeping for a week now. The doctor’s said that her body is just healing and she’ll be up before we knew it.

I took the old flowers out of the vase that Sulli bought and put them in the trash bin. I went into the bathroom fill the vase up with fresh water.

After placing the new flowers in the vase I heard a voice call my name.

“K-kry-Krystal?” It was weak but I couldn’t have been any happier to her it.

“Amber…you’re awake.”

 

(A/N: Mmmmm so yeah, i could'nt have possibly killed Amber. Last time i tried to do that ('For Your Ears Only' )....well let's just say that someone brought up the point in a past comment that "Kryber isn't Kryber if one of them is dead." LOL

So i learned my lesson...for now.

HEHEH THANKS for all the comments, i know some of you were mad at my double cliffhangers. Does this chapter compensate? I mean Amber was avenged.

Speaking of Avenge, AVENGERS!!!! HULK SMASH!!! lol

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and vanilla wafers taste bomb!)