Permission

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 26

“LET ME GO!!”  Amber screamed and kicked the dark space that she was currently occupying. She kept on tumbling around the moving vehicle, their destination unknown to the young girl.

After an hour or more of continuous assault on the container in which she was kept, Amber finally had no energy to continue.

‘I’ll rest for now but once I get out I’m going to show them that they messed with the wrong 8 year old.’

The vehicle traveled for another 20 minutes before stopping. Amber got ready to make an escape for it once she was let out.

She heard voices outside of the trunk of the two men who grabbed her. It seems like they were arguing with each other until a third voice cold be heard.

“ARE YOU TWO IDIOTS?!”

“IT WAS HIM! IT WAS JUN!!”

“ME?! You’re the one who yelled, “GRAB HER!”

“Okay…..ENOUGH!! What’s done is done. Now open the trunk and see who this brat is.”

“Yes boss.”

XxxxxX

“Did you catch her yet?”

“Yeah, she’s one tough kid.”

“I agree, she just wouldn’t stay still every time we caught her.”

“So I’ve managed to figure out who she is. And I think both your little mistake just made our luck.”

The two goons gave each other a puzzling look.

“Who?”

“She is the heiress to the Liu Corporations, Amber Josephine Liu. A much better hostage than the young Jung.”

“Shall we make the call boss?”

“No, let the panic set in first, that way they are more flexible with a larger amount of money.”

XxxxX

Amber’s POV:

“OUCH!”  The two men that were chasing me threw me into the hard concrete floor before shutting the door.

I would’ve gotten away if those bull dogs weren’t there. I hope they don’t have rabies then it would be a huge problem.

I winced as I touched the multiple bite marks on my arms. The scratches on my legs aren’t so bad. It doesn’t look like it’ll leave a scar or anything so I should be fine. Though, I really wish that I had some water so I could clean some of this blood off.

Maybe I should take a rest; I’ve been expelling too much energy for those creeps. I laid down on my back just to end up jumping back up because of the pain.

“Oh yeah…my back.”

While trying to escape I realized that I was in a remote area away from civilization. How could I tell? I’m pretty sure anyone with an I.Q. over 60 could get that from all the surrounding trees, cliffs, and mountains.

I should’ve been paying attention to where I was running instead of looking back at how close the dogs and the two idiots were behind me. Then how could I have known that there would be a small cliff there anyways…with sharp pointy rocks.

And to make it worst while I was tumbling down the rocks made a huge gash on my back. At this point I’m not even sure if the wound is still bleeding or not.

The pain sort of subsided a while ago after pain was too much to handle; it just died out.

XxxxX

When I woke up the tray of food was gone and replaced with a new one and a second next to it. My lunch and dinner; I must’ve been tired if I already slept past both other meals.

I started eating since I really have no plan of starving myself to death just yet. I suppose even if I did try to they would force feed me.

I heard footsteps outside my door after I was done with my meal.

“Are you sure she’s sleeping and not dead?”

“Yes, I am sure. I saw her breathing.”

“Good, we already set the time and place for the drop-off.”

“I can’t believe Liu agreed to the 500,000,000 won.”

“Well, believe it. We would’ve never gotten that much for the little Jung girl anyways.”

“I’m going to make the last call before the drop, you two guard the door and someone check if she’s actually still alive.”

“Yes, boss.”

I heard the door being unlocked and I quickly pretended to go back to sleep.

“See, told you she’s alive.”

“Whatever.”

With that last comment the door closed and locked once again. So their real target was Soojung. Well, then I’m glad we had the fight which led to their misunderstanding because if not Soojung would be in my position right now.

I would die if I found out she was kidnapped but I’m pretty sure she’s just as worried and scared for me.

I hope these idiots and their boss get caught soon. I’ve watched a lot of cop shows and every single time the police gets involved with a drop and arrests the criminals they never reveal where the hostage is until it’s too late.

“I just got off the phone with her father. I’m pretty sure he has the phone tapped so I didn’t keep him on the line for long. He wishes to speak to his daughter to make sure that she’s alive so in an hour go wake up the brat.”

“Hah, if only the police knew that we are just on the outskirts of the city in the abandoned warehouse.”

“*SMACK* SHUT UP! What if the kid heard you?”

“She’s asleep and by her somewhat broken Korean I’m pretty sure I said it fast enough that she won’t be able to understand.”

“You better pray to god that she’s not awake and as incompetent as you claim her to be.”

I chuckled to myself at how stupid these kidnappers actually are, so ignorant. One thing my father always told me, never to assume anything.

XxxxxX

“Hey brat, your dad wants to talk to you.”

“I have a name…” I glared back taking the phone from his hands. I retreated to the corner as I answered the cell phone that’s handed to me.

“Hello?”

“AMBER! Sweetie, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine dad.”

“I’m going to get you back okay? Just wait a little longer.”

“I know baba. Baba I need to tell you quick before they take the phone back. I’m outside the city where the abandoned warehouses are located you need to hur—*click*“ I talked as fast as the words would roll off my tongue but in the end didn’t get to finish.

I stared coldly at the man that took the phone from my hands.

“That’s all the time you get.” He said before pushing me down with his foot. I supported myself up to a sitting position as I watched his retreating back.

“You should’ve done you’re research…because Korean isn’t the only language I know.”

XxxxX

Several hours had already passed by and still no sign of being rescued. Maybe I slurred my words too much and he didn’t understand me.

Suddenly I heard shouting coming from the corridors outside. I heard some gunshots going off; I immediately jumped on my feet.

“How did they find us?!”

“It must’ve been what the kid said to her dad on the phone.”

“I should’ve taken that Chinese course back in high school.”

“QUIET! Now’s not time to look back on past decisions!!”

“GO GRAB THE KID!!”

I ran to a corner and grabbed one of the metal trays the delivered my food in. When the door open, the one they call “boss” was standing there with a bat in his hands.

I gulped, well this isn’t going to end well.

“Eheheh funny isn’t kid? To think I was going to spare your life but seeing as how you didn’t behave like a good little girl you were supposed to, I can’t just let that slide now can I?”

“Either way…you’ll end up in jail or worse…dead.”

“You are one brave kid, aren’t you? You sure you’re eight years old? By the way you talk you seem like you’re in your pre-teens.”

“I’m a little mature for my age. And smarter than you that’s for sure.”

“Just keep running that mouth of yours kid.”

“If you insist.” I smirked.

“Boss! Jun is down!!” One of the idiots ran to the room and shouted. He pulled out his gun and started shooting back, ducking inside the room as the law enforcement were drawing nearer not ceasing their fire.

“Stalling…”

“What?” He looked over at his boss, ducking as a bullet almost hit his head.

“This one really is smarter than she looks. I said she was stalling but now that I’ve caught on…” He smirked, gripping on the bat in his hands.

Once he got close enough I through the tray in face. He was stalled for a few seconds, taking this chance I kicked him where it hurts, really hard. He stumbled to the ground. I tried making a run for the bat, if I ran out the door I would’ve gotten caught in the cross-fire.

But he recovered faster than I thought. He raised the bat in the air and slammed in down on my back heard. I fell to the ground, I tried lifting myself up.

I looked by the door, the man that was fighting back was now lying on the ground in his own pool of blood. Only a few seconds more and I would’ve made it home free.

I looked back at the man hovering above me with the bat still in his hands. He swung it once more, the bat making contact with the side of my head.

*BAM* *BAM*

*CLUNK*

The last sounds I heard before I was completely out.

XxxxX

*DING DONG*

“Amber?”

“Evening Mr. Jung.”

“Dear? Who is it?”

“Hi, Mrs. Jung. Sorry to be intruding this late at night.”

“No, of course you are not. We are always glad to have you over.” Mrs. Jung motioned for Amber to come in.

“Soojung isn’t home right now but we can call her.”

“Ummm…no that’s okay. I’m actually here to talk to the both of you.”

They both looked at each other before they lead Amber to the living room. Doc came in with a tray of tea and served it to the three.

“So, Amber sweetie, what is it that you would like to talk about.”

“It’s more on the line of asking for permission.”

Amber took a deep breath before carrying on.

“*INHALE* Permission to date your youngest daughter, Soojung.”

 

 

(A/N: I already uploaded this chapter but i never realized that it got erased so i'm just throwing it back up here. I'll have the next chapter up some time next week i promise. Thanks for all the comments!

p.s. I apologize for any word confusion or errors i'm too lazy to edit it.)