Photograph

Don't Give Up On Me

(A/N: Another re-post. Thank god i save all my chapters on my computer. I would've been pissed if i had to rewrite these.)

Ch. 12

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon, since I finished all my work early I didn’t have anything to do for the rest of the weekend so I decided to use it as my recovery day.

I really need this mental health day; I could’ve sworn I saw a gray hair this morning. Victoria is out running errands so I’m alone in the house.

I gave all the workers a day off today since I’ll be doing nothing but sitting in this house anyways.

*Ding Dong*

I got up from the coach and made my way to the door. I don’t remember anyone telling me that they would be over today.

“Hello?” I said to the man in the formal attire standing on my porch.

“Good afternoon, Ms. Liu. I am Doc, the head butler of the Jung family.”

“Good afternoon.” I greeted back.

“The young miss, asked me to deliver this to you; saying that it is rather imperative that you receive it personally.”

I took the small white envelope from him as he handed it to me.

“Thank you. May I ask what’s inside?”

“That I do not know, Ms. Liu.”

“Well, tell Soojung I said thanks.”

“Very well. Have a nice day.” He bowed before heading back to the family car.

“You too.”

That was weird. I took out my phone and called Krystal.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“What’s what?”

“The envelope you had delivered to me.” Don’t play dumb with me Soojung.

“I didn’t ask anybody to deliver anything.”

“What?” She must be pulling my leg.

“I really don’t know what you’re talking about Amber.”

“Really? Then I wonder who sent it.” Okay, if she didn’t want this delivered to me, then who?

“I’ve been with my mother in the city since early this morning. Who gave it to you?”

“A butler by the name of Doc.”

“DOC?!”

“Yea, why?”

“That’s…Jessica’s personal butler.”

“Oh…”

“What’s inside?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t opened it.”  I told her as I stared at the white paper in my hand.

“Are you going to open it? Now, I’m curious and terrified of what my sister could’ve sent you.”

I ripped open the side of the envelope and squeezed the sides to widen the gap.

I pulled out what seemed to be a piece of paper folded in half with a photo inside the flap.

“What is it?” She asked me when she heard I’ve been silent for too long.

“It’s a photo.”

“…a photo of…what?”

I read the writings on the piece of paper first.

‘Hope this is enough to help jog your memory a little…’

Jog my memory? So…she’s giving me a clue. I then lifted up the top part of the paper on to reveal the back of the photo.

‘Summer of ‘99’

Was written on the back, I flipped the photo over. In the photograph were too little girls that I recognized as myself and another girl. It was Krystal, her cute smile never faded with age.

We both held an arm across each other’s shoulders smiling happily in front of the camera.

“AMBER!” I heard Krystal shout through the phone.

‘Ouch, my ear, that was loud.’

“Sorry, it’s a photo of when we were kids.”

“Oh, is that all? No pictures of me passed out, looking stupid, or anything?”

“Nope.”

“Okay, good. Um…I’ll see you at school tomorrow?”

“Definitely, I can’t wait.”

I walked upstairs to my room; my eyes never left the photo. I think I’ve seen this photo somewhere before but I don’t know where.

I lay down in my bed, one hand behind to cushion my head while stretching my arm to the ceiling holding the photo so I could further examine it.

“Heh, wow, I really did actually look like a girl back then.”

 I even had two pig tails; as did Krystal.

I put the photo down on my nightstand and grabbed a pillow to take a nap.

XxxxxX

It was a bright and sunny day. Children can be heard running around the playgrounds as they all played with each other. Parents mingled with each other bragging about how their kids were the smartest and cutest around.

Birds can be heard chirping in the distance, dogs were barking as they excitedly ran around the open fields playing with their owners.

Though, not everything is hyper and happy on the sunny day. In the distance, faint sobs could be heard from a little girl around the age of six, sitting under a tree.

She was crying into her hands with her knees to her chest.

“Mommy! Daddy!” She cried aloud.

“Are you okay?”

The little girl was surprised when she heard a voice that she jumped up and backed herself up against a tree. She relaxed a little when she noticed it was another girl and not a e.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you. I was just wondering if you were okay.”

“I’m….I’m fine….”

“Okay, why are you crying? Oh No! Your knee!” The little girl pointed at the still sobbing girl’s knee.

It was all dirty and scraped with dry stains of blood and fresh ones still slowly leaking down.

“Wait here, don’t go anywhere! I’ll be back!” She then ran away in a different direction.

When the little girl came running back, she was sitting down again.

“I brought some things to help you clean your knee. Can you stretch your knee out?”

“…..” The little girl didn’t answer.

“Why aren’t you talking?” The little girl said with a cloth and a small water bottle in her hands.

“My daddy told me not to talk to strangers, even if it’s other kids.”

“Oh, well, my name is Amber.” Amber smiled down at the confused girl.

“I’m….Krystal.”

“See, now that we know each other’s name we’re not strangers anymore right?”

“Yea, I guess.” Krystal replied with an unsure look.

“So, do you want me to clean your wound?”

“Wound?! Am I going to die?!” Krystal started to freak out.

“Um, sorry, scrap? Sorry, I just moved here so my Korean is pretty bad.”

Amber poured the water onto Krystal’s knee, she flinched at the contact of the cold water and her scrap as it stung.

She then took the cloth and cleaned it. After most of the blood was wiped away, Amber pulled out a box of band-aids from her small bag.

She ripped open the package and stuck it over her knee.

“There, all done. Now that wasn’t so bad was it?” Amber gave her a thumbs up.

“You’re weird.” Krystal said as she got up from the ground.

“That’s okay! I like being different.”

“But I like you.”

“I like you too!” Amber smiled brightly.

“So why were you crying?”

“My dad took me to the park to play and I saw a squirrel so I started to chase it and…I fell down and when I looked around I couldn’t find my daddy.”

“Then I’ll help you look!” Amber said as she grabbed Krystal’s hand and led her back to the playground.

XxxxxX

“Good Afternoon, Jung. It’s been awhile. Is there something wrong? You look worried.” Mr. Liu asked worried at his friend’s state.

“I can’t find my daughter, Liu. She was right here a minute ago and now she’s gone. What if someone took her? God, my wife is going to kill me.” Mr. Jung said as she started to pull his out.

“Calm down, she has to be around here somewhere, come on. I’ll help you look.” Mr. Liu patted Mr. Jung’s back.

Mr. Jung then went to the sidewalk and fished out his phone to call his wife.

“Daddy!” Amber screamed as she ran towards him still pulling Krystal along.

“Amber, there you are. Who’s your friend?” Mr. Liu knelt down to their level.

“This is Krystal. She said she can’t find her daddy.”

“Ah, Krystal, then you must also be Soojung.”

Krystal just nodded her head up and down while rubbing her eyes.

“Well, Soojung, your daddy has been really worried about you. So when you see him you must apologize okay?”

Krystal again silently nodded.

“Good girl.”

“Jung, my daughter brought over a lost friend.”

Mr. Jung turned around and dropped his phone when he saw the two little girls standing in front of him. One of them being his precious Soojung.

Mr. Jung ran up to her and picked her up and hugged the life out of her.

“Jung Soojung, don’t you ever scare me like that again.”

“I’m sorry, papa. I won’t do it again.”

Mr. Jung put Krystal back on the ground and went over to Amber.

“Amber, how can I ever repay you?”

“Can I see Krystal every day?” Amber beamed.

“Of course you may.”

“Yay!” Amber screamed for joy as she ran over to Krystal and gave her a big hug.

“You’re such a dork.” Krystal said trying to push Amber away.

“Aw, how cute. Let’s get a picture in.” Mr. Liu said as he pulled out a camera.

XxxxxX


“Amber, wake up.”

“Huh? What is it? Dinner’s ready or are you going to sleep all day?” Victoria said as she walked towards the door.

“I’ll be right down.” I got up from my bed and went to go throw on a hoodie.

I looked down at the photo on my desk and smiled before grabbing the photo in my pocket.

I went over to my study and grabbed an empty frame from the cabinet and placed the photo inside and placed it down.

This photo definitely has a place on this desk. That’s how much it means to me. I really want to remember and I think that dream was the first one out of many.

I want to because any moment with you, is worth remembering.

 

(A/N: Hehehehe well here's a flashback for you guys. If you just read the chapter, good. If you read it again cuz i had to repost it, EVEN BETTER!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter. COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and COMMENT SOME MORE!!!)