Because

Don't Give Up On Me

(A/N: The website made a derp (~-_-)~ so here is ch. 12 again.)

Ch. 12

Krystal’s POV:

“Do you…remember being friends with me when we were children?”

‘Oh, thank god. I taught she was going to ask me about something else.’

“I do.” I replied with a blank face not really knowing where this is headed.

“Oh…why didn’t you tell me?” She asked confused.

“Well…did you remember?”  I asked her.

“Yes, but…I thought that since it was a decade since we last saw each other, I thought that maybe you forgot.”

“I didn’t forget, but I kind of…had a feeling you did. So…I decided not to mention it. I didn’t want you to feel guilty that I remembered but you didn’t.”

“Truth is, I know I met you when we were younger but…” She started but stopped, as if thinking of what to say next.

“But?” I asked.

“But, well, I don’t want to sound as if you weren’t that memorable, but…I don’t remember the times we spent together. I mean, maybe we didn’t really play together, if so, then that’s my mistake. Though, I feel as if we had. My friend, Luna, told me you used to come over to my place a lot when we were kids. I’m sorry.” She frowned; I could tell she really felt bad about it.

“I understand. It’s not a big deal really. No need to feel bad. We all have our reasons.”

“But that’s just it, Krystal. I don’t have a reason to forget. I just don’t remember. You’re a great girl, you really are and it saddens me that I can’t recall any of it.”

“Maybe you bumped you head? Or had an…traumatic accident?”

“Maybe…but I really am sincerely sorry.”

It really pains me to see the sadness in her eyes. Since we met this year, that’s all I’ve been seeing.

 She puts on a happy face but for those who know, it’s the eyes that are the window to the soul. I’m such a terrible person.

“Don’t worry about it, Amber. It’s all in the past. Let’s just leave it behind and make a new start.” I mustered up the best smile I could but every word that came out my mouth was an utter lie.

I don’t want a new start because the difference between the past and present is that now…you don’t love me.

I felt really guilty; I feel as if I was betraying her. I’m not directly lying to her but I’m trying to as best as possible to avoid that topic to arise but I know sooner or later it will come up in this conversation.

Why don’t I want to tell you? Is it because I’m scared that you’ll hate me? Or is it because I blame myself for your misfortune.

Whatever the reason, I know one thing for sure; I’m a coward.

“I’m sorry, Amber. It’s getting sort of late, I have to run back to my father’s office. He’s expecting me soon.”

“Oh, okay. No problem. Do you want me to take you there?”

“No, it’s okay. My driver should be arriving any moment.”

“Okay, um…I’ll text you later?”

I smiled. This time she offered to contact me instead of the other way around. Maybe I don’t have to make her fall for me. I think it that’ll it will just happen naturally.

“I’ll be waiting for it!” I told her excitedly as my driver approached.

“Okay, I’ll…see you later.” I looked back at her as she stood there with both her hands in her pocket with a slight smile as she watched us walk away.

I turned around and happily waved at her. She took a hand out of her pocket and waved back with still the same slight smile before turning around herself and left in the opposite direction.

I’m not happy with the way I’m handling things. I’m walking away, wanting to forget that the past ever happened.

Nothing good came of it but there’s still something worth fighting for in those dark days.

But what if it was the person that has always been pulling you out the one that is now stuck in the shadows?

Amber’s POV:

I walked down the sidewalk, looking from store to store. I didn’t have anything else to do for the rest of the day.

I completed all my work as fast as I could so I could see her. I wanted it to last longer but I know she felt awkward when I asked her that question.

I then felt someone walk by my side. I didn’t need to turn to look to see who it is. It’s been a daily routine already.

Where ever I go, he goes. Even if he isn’t visible, he’s quite reliable. I feel safe when I know he’s somewhere watching; it’s uncomfortable but still, safe.

 Especially with all the black mail letters I have been receiving but that’s okay. Most of them are all bluff, most.

“You do know she is hiding something from you, don’t you?” He asked me.

“Yes, I do.”

“Do you want me to look into it?”

“That won’t be necessary, Key.” I stopped walking and turned to face him.

“Something wrong?” He asked at my sudden halt.

“Everyone has something to hide and some for good reason. I know she knows what happened, I also know that Luna and Victoria know. But…if they feel as if they can’t tell me then they are doing it for my sake. I won’t push them to tell me.”

“But don’t you want to know?”

“I do; but if they feel as if they are ready or that I’m ready to know, they will tell me.”

“And if they don’t?”

“Then, the past is the past. Things come and go; it’s all part of life. There’s no point in holding onto something that I have no recollection of.”

“Then how can you trust the young Jung?”

“Because….”

We didn’t talk after that .

Krystal Jung, Krystal Jung, Krystal Jung.

You’re always on my mind. It used to be just from time to time but now, it’s constant. I can’t go a day without the image of your beautiful smile popping into my head.

It used to be filled with the sadness of my father’s death, the stress of the company on my shoulders. But with you I can feel the strength to lift myself up from my despair and all I can think then is wanting to spend more time with you.

I figured out what this feeling that my body keeps hinting to me. It’s the fact that I like you. Not as a friend but even more than that.

My heart starts pumping when you’re near, I feel like I’m going to go insane every time you say my name, and whenever I look into your eyes, I completely lose myself.

Can you be the one I put my absolute trust in as I do my family and closest friends? I hope I can because though it’s been  only a short amount of time, my heart already can’t live without you.

Is it love? That I don’t know yet but I do know one thing; I can’t wait to see you Monday.

XxxxxX

Krystal’s POV:

“I’m sorry, Amber….*hiccup*…*hiccup*” I started crying uncontrollably. How can I still be chasing after you even after that day.

“I’m sorry…*hiccup* I didn’t mean for you….*hiccup* to get kidnapped…”

 

(A/N: Thanks for all the comments and the ones that got erased because of the site being down YOU CAN LEAVE THEM AGAIN!!! XDDDDDDD

Like always, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and was this the give me a hug one?)