Making You Wait

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 14

Amber’s POV:

God, my hair is a mess.’

I stood in front of my mirror trying to get my hair under control. Just because I have short hair doesn’t mean it doesn’t need maintenance.

I looked at the time on my phone which was sitting on my sink.

I let out a loud sigh and gave up trying to fix it. I ruffled it a little more in frustration.

“Hey, that doesn’t look so bad.”

I moved my head to side, checking out the different angles. Nodding my head in approval but today isn’t a day to be experimenting with different hair styles.

I want to impress her not scare her away with my bad hygiene.

“Hey are you done, yet?” Victoria burst through the bathroom door.

“No….” I said to her and pointed at my hair.

“What? You’ve been in here for thirty minutes already. Stop being a pretty boy and let’s go.” Victoria stood at the doorway with her arms crossed.

“But my haaaaaaair~” I whined.

She examined my head from side to side.

“It looks fine, really.” She gave her opinion.

“Really?”

“Yes, it’s adorable.”

“I’ll go get a hat.”

“What? Why? You don’t believe me?”

“Yes but….”

“But what?” Obviously frustrated at me.

“My hair is my life.”

“Oh my god. Let’s just go.” She said as she grabbed my arm and pulled me out.

“Wait, I need a hat.”

“Fine, but hurry.” She said leaving my room.

I quickly ran into my walk-in closet and went to the section with hats lined up in 15 x 15. I grabbed a new era 59fifty LA red and black cap and dashed out the closet picking up my jacket and backpack in the process.

XxxxxX

“! I’m going to be late!” I said as I dashed across campus to make it to my first class.

When I got inside the building, I didn’t want to run in a hall full of students so I fast walked to my classroom.

To my relief when I got there, the professor has yet to arrive. I went up to my usual row and sat down in my usual seat.

*Ahem*

I heard someone clear their throat and I looked at the perpetrator.

It was Key. He was giving me a disapproving look and tapped his index finger on his watch.

I just rolled my eyes and mouthed to him, “whatever.”

Turning back around I slouched back in my seat a little and put one earphone in my left ear as I waited. I looked at my phone anxiously.

The professor is 10 minutes late and so is she. My right leg started shaking up and down impatiently. I wanted to see her and now. I want to tell her that I’m starting to remember.

I leaned forward in my seat resting my forearm and elbows on the desk. I started tapping my fingers of my right hand on the table.

I can never really sit still for a long time. My arms and leg need to be doing something or I go crazy.

“Is she not coming?”

I don’t even feel as if I go to school to learn anymore; it feels more like I’m only going to see Krystal.

I’m pathetic, I know. Look what’s happening to yourself, Amber. You’re falling hard and look at the hold she’s got on you.

‘You need to refrain yourself.’

‘Don’t look so obvious.’

‘You’re going to scare her away. Then what?’

Here come the conversations with myself again.

Frustrated with my pitiful self I threw my head down on the desk.

XxxxxX

Krystal’s POV:

I giggled at the sight in front of me. This is so entertaining. She looks like she’s going to go crazy if I don’t walk into the classroom soon.

For the umpteenth time I saw Amber take her phone out from her pocket and check the time. Good thing I knew about the top entrance in class.

Key noticed me as I continued watching Amber awaiting my arrival. I smiled at him and waved.

He smiled back and waved to me as well. He raised an eyebrow asking if I was going to go sit down.

I shook my head to tell him not yet and put an index finger on my lips to signal him not to say anything. He nodded and turned back.

“Soojung? What are you doing?” I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around to see Taeyeon and Yoona standing behind me.

“Oh, I’m just watching Amber.”

“Oh so you’ve turned into a stalker?” Taeyeon smirked.

“NO! I’m just making her wait. And I’m watching how she reacts.” I explained.

“How long have you been at this?” Yoona asked as she also peeked into the classroom.

“Mmmm about 15 minutes.” I said looking up as I recalled.

“She’s taking out her phone.” Taeyeon said looking as well.

“Oh, she’s does that every minute.”

“I think she’s going to contact you.”

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

“Where are you?”

I looked at my phone and smiled. And placed it back in my pocket.

“Aren’t you going to answer?” Taeyeon asked.

“Nope.”

*Buzz, Buzz*

“Professor isn’t here yet so you should hurry.”

I just smiled some more as I leaned my back against the wall to the side of the entrance.

“Looks like our lil’ Jung is starting to play hard to get.”

“Kinda.” Krystal said as she stuck her tongue out.

“Okay, we gotta head to class. Lunch later?” Yoona said as she left.

“Um...I’m not sure. I’ll let you know.”

“Okay, see you.”

*Buzz, Buzz*

“Krystal?”

I decided I let her wait long enough. I picked up my bag from the ground and made my way into the classroom.

I walked down the stairs to the row Amber is sitting at only to find her staring at her phone with a pout.

I mentally smiled at the sight. She was so cute, pouting like that. I kind of feel guilty for not replying to her text. But hey, I got to do what I got to do.

I walked in front of her step, placing a finger on her desk. She was still concentrated on her phone that she didn’t see me approach.

I dragged my finger across her desk as I walked by and looked down at her. She finally looked up and her face showed excitement that I finally showed up.

I looked at her giving her a very sultry look as I sat down and crossed my legs; still keeping eye contact with her.

She broke it though as I was sitting down.

Heh, I was right to wear a skirt today; it obviously paid off seeing that she was staring at my legs as I crossed them.

She looked away when she realized she was staring and bit on her thumb.

I feel really proud of myself right now. I giggled a little, loud enough for her to hear.

She turned around to say something but before she got the chance to I smiled at her and put my finger up signaling her not to say anything. I pointed my finger to the front of the classroom where the professor was setting his things down.

Perfect timing, it’s like everything was set to help me out today.

Her shoulders fell indicating that she was disappointed that she hasn’t gotten a word in to talk to me this morning.

I pretended like I was paying attention when he started talking. I can sense that she was still looking at me, thinking about what to do.

From the corner of my eye I could that she finally gave up and let out a sigh of defeat.

She turned around to face the front and puffing out her cheeks in the process.

If I wasn’t trying to refrain myself right now I would’ve totally squealed out like a little girl at how cute she looks sulking at the moment.

Plan ‘make her miss me indirectly’, completed.

 

(A/N: So the how and why of Amber's kidnapping will slowly unveil itself in due time For now just enjoy kryber's interactions with each other. Do tell me what you think of my story. I get self conscious about it sometimes. Comment, subscribe, and is it the weekend yet?)